Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 22

Thread: kena threatened via sms by some gym bully

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    singapura
    Posts
    241

    Default kena threatened via sms by some gym bully

    damn suay... train at safra tampines and end up receiving threatening SMSes claiming to "fix you" and insulting remarks on religion, called to findout who sender was but nvr pickup call.

    sms sender also claimed that my contact information was obtained from the recep counter. wth how can recep counter anyhow give out my registration details to "old bird" gym members.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    270 degree of Singapore
    Posts
    6,741

    Default Re: kena threatened via sms by some gym bully

    make a report to police, show them the sms and let them call up the caller?
    Sony Alpha 700 hobbyist

  3. #3
    Senior Member jlkk76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    2,148

    Default Re: kena threatened via sms by some gym bully

    call the cops if they still cont to threaten u lor..

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    singapura
    Posts
    241

    Default Re: kena threatened via sms by some gym bully

    already made a report ah... i got the SMSes saved as evidence, now police classify it as intentional harrassment, thing is i intend to continiue going back to the same gym and train, cos already signed up for a year membership,

    also personal particulars of gym members are supposed to be private n confidential, dunno how come can end up being obtained by others, tats what i'm angry abt at the gym management.

  5. #5

    Default Re: kena threatened via sms by some gym bully

    Quote Originally Posted by AQVA View Post
    damn suay... train at safra tampines and end up receiving threatening SMSes claiming to "fix you" and insulting remarks on religion, called to findout who sender was but nvr pickup call.

    sms sender also claimed that my contact information was obtained from the recep counter. wth how can recep counter anyhow give out my registration details to "old bird" gym members.
    there's an old saying "there won't be smoke without fire"

  6. #6

    Default Re: kena threatened via sms by some gym bully

    Quote Originally Posted by amateur_photographer View Post
    there's an old saying "there won't be smoke without fire"
    quite true....did u do something unintentionally or otherwise???
    Nikon D700, N24-70 f2.8, N70-200 f2.8, Sigma 50mm f1.4.

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    singapura
    Posts
    241

    Default Re: kena threatened via sms by some gym bully

    firstly my belongings was stolen in the gym few days ago, so i started grumbling, and now ended up with such kind of SMSes, so in effect if the sender is not guilty y is the subject so affected by my grumblings until need to send such kind of SMSes? somemore want to insult my religion...

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    singapura
    Posts
    241

    Default Re: kena threatened via sms by some gym bully

    imho, even if i did something unintentionally, it is better for the sender to confront me abt what went wrong and not send threats with insults.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    谁是你
    Posts
    2,706

    Default Re: kena threatened via sms by some gym bully

    did u do something to cause your belongings to be taken away from you? Maybe your behaviour in the gym irked some people? Did u wipe down the equipment after using it? Did u bring your towel along? Or did u hog on one set of equipment. There is no fire without smoke if you are also threaten with sms.


    Quote Originally Posted by AQVA View Post
    firstly my belongings was stolen in the gym few days ago, so i started grumbling, and now ended up with such kind of SMSes, so in effect if the sender is not guilty y is the subject so affected by my grumblings until need to send such kind of SMSes? somemore want to insult my religion...

  10. #10

    Default Re: kena threatened via sms by some gym bully

    Quote Originally Posted by kiwitan View Post
    did u do something to cause your belongings to be taken away from you? Maybe your behaviour in the gym irked some people? Did u wipe down the equipment after using it? Did u bring your towel along? Or did u hog on one set of equipment. There is no fire without smoke if you are also threaten with sms.
    2 wrongs don't make a right.

  11. #11

    Default Re: kena threatened via sms by some gym bully

    I suppose you stepped on someone's toes unknowingly. Maybe you should invite the sms sender an invitation to sit down for kopi. Maybe you should just apologise first if indeed you offended anyone.

    Sometimes, there are people who does not know unspoken etiquette in a certain gym. Its not an army gym so we are all responsible to keep place clean and make it as enjoyable for the next user.

    Or maybe you chat with his gf/wife and he got ticked?

    there are weird people around us, you just have to get used to them. But if you met with an aggressive gay or lesbo who try to fend his partner off from you, good luck to you.

  12. #12
    Member Amarzaki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Woodlands
    Posts
    91

    Default Re: kena threatened via sms by some gym bully

    they can just see the list of name right? he look when u sign out th e gym..the details is there..but nowadays we just have to fill in a few box only of our contact information..
    cameraless

  13. #13

    Default Re: kena threatened via sms by some gym bully

    Quote Originally Posted by AQVA View Post
    imho, even if i did something unintentionally, it is better for the sender to confront me abt what went wrong and not send threats with insults.
    maybe your muscles too big they scared to talk to you?

  14. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Sicily, Mediterranean Sea
    Posts
    1,805

    Default Re: kena threatened via sms by some gym bully

    is there smth you not telling us yet? :P

  15. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    singapura
    Posts
    241

    Default Re: kena threatened via sms by some gym bully

    1) tried to call the subject to meet up before reporting to police but never pick up call, even if the gym has some "unspoken etiquette" around or "politics" it is better to talk things thru face to face than to commit theft and then follow by threats. last but not least the gym belongs to safra and not the "politicians" there.

    2) highly unlikely as i rarely talk to others when i train, as for the ladies there i do not even know them so how to chat with them.

    3) everyone knows i'm a straight there and the gays there knows it.

    anyway just found out this kind of incident happened not only to me but to another gym member as well, he has advised me on what actions to undertake to ascertain the identity of the SMSer to provide the police with the necessary information.

    Best Rdgs

  16. #16

    Default Re: kena threatened via sms by some gym bully

    With the number, I think the police are able to track down the person who signed up for that phone line...

    Whether they treat the case seriously or not is another matter.

  17. #17
    Senior Member velasco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    PARISris , Singapore
    Posts
    2,627

    Default Re: kena threatened via sms by some gym bully

    Quote Originally Posted by AQVA View Post

    3) everyone knows i'm a straight there and the gays there knows it.


    Best Rdgs
    this is interesting, what has your sexuality be a cause or effect of the situation?

  18. #18

    Default Re: kena threatened via sms by some gym bully

    criminal intimidation. just report to the police.

  19. #19
    Member MrKami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Bukit Batok
    Posts
    77

    Default Re: kena threatened via sms by some gym bully

    Wow recep counter give out contact number?

    The Police will pwned the recep counter..!
    My Passion, My Dedication, My Photography

  20. #20

    Default Re: kena threatened via sms by some gym bully

    are u sure u din upset anyone.

    how come people so free to harass u for no reason?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •