Thread: How to remove yellow tint?

Default How to remove yellow tint?

When I'm shooting indoor events, there's always a yellow cast caused by the incandescent lamp.

Hence, how do I get rid of it?

1. Will setting WB to Incandescent help to eliminate totally?
    2. Do I need to use a flash gel? Blue colour one?
    D7100,SB910,17-50/2.8OS,105/2.8VR,85/1.8D,2xE-M1,O60/2.8,12-40/2.8,35-100/2.8,14-42,LX100

Default Re: How to remove yellow tint?

shooting raw will be the best way because sometimes even using tungsten wb on the camera cannot get rid of the yellow tint. if u want to use gels, u shld gel your flash yellow, not blue.

Quote Originally Posted by sin77 View Post
    When I'm shooting indoor events, there's always a yellow cast caused by the incandescent lamp.

Hence, how do I get rid of it?

1. Will setting WB to Incandescent help to eliminate totally?
    2. Do I need to use a flash gel? Blue colour one?
    I also got such problem when I first shoot an event.
    Then I tried another event in RAW, it helps a lot. But while shooting RAW, double up your memory card.

shoot raw. u can do whatever u want to the wb after that.

u need flash gel. not blue, but yellow. CTO to be exact.

put a CTO on your flash and set your wb to tungstern. that should do it. if not use CTO and CTO1/2 and use custom wb (using an expodisc or something if you can set manual color temp)

OR just overpower the ambient completely. Go to Tv mode, set your SS to 1/200, set to -2EV on camera and +1 or 2 EV on flash

i find for awkward lighting the best thing to do is just shoot raw and then adjust the colour temperature back at the computer later on...

Try using a white piece of paper or anyone wearing a pure white shirt. Go near & do a manual white balance in the room you are shooting & save it for that ambience you are shooting. Just reset & re-do for say, next door is fluorescent lighting.
    Take the shot!

Existing/effect lighting at most venues are a major headache.

Even if you set a custom WB, sometimes different intensity/angles and you get different colors or one scene can feature wildly differing WB.

RAW is your best friend, and after that, just have to start fine-tuning colors manually in post.

If ambiance is not crucial, do what was suggested earlier and make sure that flash becomes the pre-dominant lighting.