Thread: Canon JP: Astrophotography with 10D / 300D

Deregistered

Default Canon JP: Astrophotography with 10D / 300D

http://www.canon.co.jp/Imaging/astro/index-j.html

You'd need to use a translation engine to read it, but it's worth the trouble.

Didn't bother to translate; just looked at the pics and picked up the Kanji here and there...in fact some of the photos were doing using L lenses and not telescopes!

Interesting that a number of the images are done using ISO 400 too...simply demostrates the capabilities of the noiselessness of the CMOS sensor.

I wonder if there's any place in S'pore that can achieve such photos...I think that the light pollution will kill the photo before anything else...

Deregistered

or just try this link, runs Altavista Babelfish translator directly

http://babelfish.altavista.com/babel...p=ja_en&tt=url

Quote Originally Posted by Ah Pao
    Didn't bother to translate; just looked at the pics and picked up the Kanji here and there...in fact some of the photos were doing using L lenses and not telescopes!

Interesting that a number of the images are done using ISO 400 too...simply demostrates the capabilities of the noiselessness of the CMOS sensor.

I wonder if there's any place in S'pore that can achieve such photos...I think that the light pollution will kill the photo before anything else...
    u still need to piggy back the camera on a telescope, and a REALLY good telescope mount to do long exposure tracking

I have tried at my place and a little bit of wind will cause my whole telescope setup shake and that shot can throw away already, because of this, i pump the ISO level to 1600 and 3200 and use only 8s exposure

We are HDD of PC & FT are MB add to storage;
    so PC never hangs with enormous storage capacity - LKY

Deregistered

serious? what settings did you use, Wai?

Quote Originally Posted by sehsuan
    serious? what settings did you use, Wai?
    ISO1600, 50/f1.8 wide open, 6-8s

how i wish i have a 50/1.4, then can use faster shutter speed to reduce vibration due to the wind

Quote Originally Posted by Wai
    ISO1600, 50/f1.8 wide open, 6-8s

how i wish i have a 50/1.4, then can use faster shutter speed to reduce vibration due to the wind
    Just a 50mm??

Urmm........ on the pic there is a line that says 50 pics stack? What does that mean? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by TME
    Just a 50mm??

Urmm........ on the pic there is a line that says 50 pics stack? What does that mean? Thanks!
    50mm mounted above the eyepiece of the scope

I took a few hundreds shot in one nite, then pick the better one (cos most spoil by the wind) and use this software http://www.astrostack.com to combines them into one picture. The resulting image will be noisefree and more detailed.

Sometimes can use webcam to take video clips to my laptop and extract the frames to do stacking too, result is amazing, a short video clips contain few thousands frames and i can choose few hundreds for stacking

Deregistered

eh, wai, i'm getting indigestion from looking at your BIG camera!!!

Wah.......... wai! Blur sia.......... how much did your telescope cost?! U born to be associated with telescopes hor.. army then astronomy......

Can u explain how stacking a few hundred shots help to eliminate noise? Also does that take a heck lot of time to do the stacking? I mean u have to sift through like thousands of shots as u mentioned about the webcam thingy? U mean u attach the webcam to the telescope? Oh yeah before I forget, is that 50mm lens attached to the telescope eyepiece - the joint, is that a custom piece or the threads fit???

Very pro leh!