Thread: November Rain

Default November Rain

1. In which area is critique or feedback to be given?
    Please tell me does this depict what I want to portray?

2. What were you hoping to achieve with this image?
    I took this to show Singapore in the November Rain

3. Under what circumstance was the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
    In the car, on a rainy day, feeling sombre.

4. Thread-starter's personal thoughts about the image.
    I am considering if this constitute what we call Street Photography?

Your C&C appreciated

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2694/...f92f7cc2_b.jpg
    Giant 24-70 f2.8 that dwarfs the D90, SB 600.
    Trying to go full-frame soon

Default Re: November Rain

the photo lacks a strong focal point. i do not know what i should be looking at. its more like november droplets than november rain. what did the song tell u? cos i don't see it in this shot. your watermark is super distracting esp in this photo.

Quote Originally Posted by darrelltan View Post
    1. In which area is critique or feedback to be given?
    Please tell me does this depict what I want to portray?
    unfortunately.....no. i would have absolutely no idea if this was a November rain or July rain for that matter.

there's no focal point in the picture.. if it's the neon signboard, the overhead traffic light is not doing u a favour. too many other distracting elements in the photo as well.. too cluttered.

work on composition.

love the lower left part of your photo, gives me a sombre gloomy feeling. not sure about tile. thought you were inspired by Guns & Roses?

looks like an ordinary snap shot.

Smile Re: November Rain

too much of a distraction. i feel that if the blur were at the bg and the focus were on the rain drop will be much better?

perhaps it will work better if its B&W???? wont hurt if u try

I feel it doesn't describe the title, but it works as a travel photo of the place.

maybe you might be looking at something that is iconic to November. e.g flowers, events, along with the rain. =]

Quote Originally Posted by flipfreak View Post
    the photo lacks a strong focal point. i do not know what i should be looking at. its more like november droplets than november rain. what did the song tell u? cos i don't see it in this shot. your watermark is super distracting esp in this photo.
    Thanks, ya the watermark. I need to design a better one.

Quote Originally Posted by nysheng View Post
    unfortunately.....no. i would have absolutely no idea if this was a November rain or July rain for that matter.

there's no focal point in the picture.. if it's the neon signboard, the overhead traffic light is not doing u a favour. too many other distracting elements in the photo as well.. too cluttered.

work on composition.
    Thanks nysheng, had just a few seconds to take this snapshot as the traffic light turned green. Composition is something I will have to continue working on, being a newbie. Hopefully one day can be as good as those guys in APAD. Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyatian View Post
    love the lower left part of your photo, gives me a sombre gloomy feeling. not sure about tile. thought you were inspired by Guns & Roses?
    Thanks, no lah this is nothing to do with GNR's song. It's just about rain + november. I think i'll have to improve on this. Have a few more days to go before November ends.

Quote Originally Posted by sinned79 View Post
    looks like an ordinary snap shot.
    Haha, ya, just a few seconds before the light turned green so really, it is a snapshot.

Quote Originally Posted by icyblue View Post
    too much of a distraction. i feel that if the blur were at the bg and the focus were on the rain drop will be much better?
    Sure, i'll try again in future when I invest in another lens. This kit lens i am using was unable to close focus (need about 40-45cm min focussing distance)

Quote Originally Posted by VyzeL View Post
    perhaps it will work better if its B&W???? wont hurt if u try
    Sure, i'll give it a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuffed View Post
    I feel it doesn't describe the title, but it works as a travel photo of the place.
    Yep, a travel photo to show Petain road and it's bars haha. That's a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by z3nith View Post
    maybe you might be looking at something that is iconic to November. e.g flowers, events, along with the rain. =]
    Ok this weekend i'll see if there is any rain. Can go and out and take another chance.