Thread: which is better for newbies?? nikon D3000 or Sony A230??

Default which is better for newbies?? nikon D3000 or Sony A230??

Sony A230 is just 699 but is it OK for a beginner like me.. still can't decide. help me. Thanks a lot.. There's an IT show today at Suntec, and I plan to purchase today.. I hope I can decide before the day ends..

Default Re: which is better for newbies?? nikon D3000 or Sony A230??

I will suggest Sony A330. Main difference between A230 and A330 is the live view and tiltable LCD screen (for taking overhead shots and creative composition), and for beginners I think having live view will be good.

but of cos if u think u don need live view, then get the A230.

BTW if u buy from retail shops, it will be cheaper than from IT shows.

Retail shops selling A230 + lens at around $600, and A330 + lens at $800.

IT shows and sonystyle selling A230 at $699 and A330 at $899. Of cos, they will offer more freebies, u will need to weigh the pros and cons of the freebies to decide.
    Last edited by android17; 20th November 2009 at 01:38 PM.

ei thanks.. so you're saying buying in IT show is actually the same as buying in retail shops? right? i thought i can have a better deal if I buy in IT show. Anyway, Thanks for your help Android.. I appreciate it.

Both are actually capable and decent cameras. I would suggest that you try both the cams in a shop to see which suits you better. Do play with the ssettings and features and see if you like them. Personally I find that the user interface and handling very important and only you will know which is more comfortable to you.

I find the A230's grip a bit too small for my big hands and the weight is too light for my liking.

If you want to buy your cam at a good price, I woudl recommend that you visit Cathay Photo or MS Color and pay by cash. They will generally give a better discount. If you buy at the IT fairs, they will just give you some freebies which are quite useless.
    Minolta. Konica Minolta. Sony