Just wondering if there's somebody here who has taken the abovementioned Sunrise Tour? I am planning to get this tour for me and my family on Dec 11 and would like to ask if the trip/cost was all worth it.
Looking at japanican.com, there are a few options:
- Mt Fuji / Hakone 1 Day Return By Shinkansen (Adult: 14,000¥)
- Mt Fuji / Hakone 1 Day Motorcoach Throughout (Adult: 11,000¥)
- Mt Fuji / Hakone 1 Day Round Trip Shinkansen (Adult: 18,000¥)
I'm leaning towards the cheapest option which is motor coach to and from. I have a few questions which I hope somebody would be kind enough to answer:
- How long is the bus trip?
- Will they pick you up if your hotel is not in the list of hotels they are providing pickup services from? I suppose not but just wanna confirm. I think we may have to walk up to the nearest pick-up hotel location.
- Is the 2,000¥ (extra) lunch worth the cost?
- How cold is it gonna be up there? My main worry actually. Wife has bought some winter wear (long sleeve wool shirts, parka jacket and premium down jacket from Uniqlo) but not sure if it's gonna be sufficient. My impression seems to be that Mt Fuji / Hakone has lots of open spaces so it's probably colder up there.
- Any nice spot for photography? Tips, feedbacks, suggestions will be appreciated.
Lest I forget, I intend to bring my EFS 10-22, EF 24-105 (or 24-70) and EF 70-200 f4 lenses along. Should be enough I suppose?
PS: I actually sent in an inquiry to japanican and am just waiting for reply. But as per above, any feedbacks based on personal experience would be appreciated...