Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Help me decide...

Default Re: Help me decide...

Quote Originally Posted by stunna88 View Post
    (random) Dude, I like cartman too! R u referring to eric cartman?
    sorry if u're not...
    That's the one

Quote Originally Posted by Cartman2000 View Post
    That's the one
    Yeah! I'm watching SP everyday!!! hahaha
    Love it to the max
    Cartman is my fav...can't stand his mischief! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    And yet you think you can spout on about "best cameras"? Based on what? Marketing?

We have experience. That counts a LOT more than sponsored marketing campaigns, or the "wisdom" of people who get their gear sponsored.

You have much to learn about the real world my friend.
    again you're not getting your facts right

let's make a comparison between sony's flagship , canon's 3rd, and nikon's 3rd

a900 vs 5D Mark II vs d700

a900 wins only in terms of resolution and comes 2nd in terms of focusing system

comes 2nd in FPS.

5d Mark II wins in terms of value for money and image quality, has HD video which matters for visual journalists. comes 2nd in terms of high ISO noise control.

d700 wins in terms of fps, focusing system, and high ISO noise control.

if you ever make an attack at my teachers again, we will have a flame war.
    I refuse to List my camer@ equipment here.

Hi All,

Thanks for the replys thus far. Well regarding Pros using which brand of cameras, I really think its really no point arguing as "beauty lies with the eyes of the beholders". No doubt that Canon and Nikon are the big brothers in Camera, which is why in the beginning I was only thinking of these 2 brands. But when more and more bros comes in and give feedbacks, at least for me I know that Sony is a brand that is fast catching up, so thats why I would like more information on this camera.

Hope that bros here don't take take any comments too personnel, but rather treat this as a forum for us to learn more from each other.

TIA.

Quote Originally Posted by krishna91 View Post
    again you're not getting your facts right

let's make a comparison between sony's flagship , canon's 3rd, and nikon's 3rd

a900 vs 5D Mark II vs d700

a900 wins only in terms of resolution and comes 2nd in terms of focusing system

comes 2nd in FPS.

5d Mark II wins in terms of value for money and image quality, has HD video which matters for visual journalists. comes 2nd in terms of high ISO noise control.

d700 wins in terms of fps, focusing system, and high ISO noise control.

In my opinion the D700 is more value for money as it's basically a repackaged D3. No offense to any Alpha users
    Last edited by Cartman2000; 19th November 2009 at 10:56 PM.

cartman2000,

you might be right there depending on what purpose. The 5D Mark II is meant for studio work, still life, and landscape.

I think the d700 would be better value for someone like me in that sense, but i bought a certain camera brand and i'm sticking with it.

hahahahahahahaha
    this is entertaining...

mate all i have to say is, let the photographs do the talking...

1. If you learned anything about dynamic range and resolution, you will realize that the 5DMarkII does NOT have the best image quality. It has poor tonal gradation, a tendency to clip highlights and suffered from quite a few banding issues. But that's not something you'd learn in school huh?

2. And if you're that touchy and sensitive about your teachers, then you should not have brought them into the conversation in the first place. And don't you dare threaten me again kid, as I'm not the one who has to hide behind a supposed "education" to compensate for experience.
    Alpha

cartman2000,

you might be right there depending on what purpose. The 5D Mark II is meant for studio work, still life, and landscape.
    Interesting. All these are low ISO and non-video purposes, things where other cameras excel far better.
    Alpha

Eh. Whatever. You're 18 and think you know everything, though your own arguments contradict your own points. Talk to me again when you learned more than book knowledge.
    Alpha

1. If you learned anything about dynamic range and resolution, you will realize that the 5DMarkII does NOT have the best image quality. It has poor tonal gradation, a tendency to clip highlights and suffered from quite a few banding issues. But that's not something you'd learn in school huh?

2. And if you're that touchy and sensitive about your teachers, then you should not have brought them into the conversation in the first place. And don't you dare threaten me again kid, as I'm not the one who has to hide behind a supposed "education" to compensate for experience.

1. The 5d mark II does have better image quality than the a900 , and even if it doesn't i dont give a cr4p. They don't teach us about cameras in my university at all. not at all. because we shoot large format most of the time. We learn creativity over technique.

2. I'm not hiding behind education, i just said i know pros. As for your portfolio, professional, i can't see it anywhere. you seriously want a flame war ? okay. we can meet up in real life, i don't mind, and let's see where the debate goes, huh.

Ermmm...well lets get back to the original topic shall we?

Ts just an additional info. Sony alpha dslrs can use ALL minolta af lenses. Basically this means the Sony alphas have access to a very huge catalog of classic minolta lenses to choose from. These old minolta lenses will work perfectly with the Sony alphas due to the fact that Sony alphas are using the exact same mounting as monolta alpha mounts.

I myself own 2 minolta lenses, which are produced in 1985 and its still working perfectly on my new a500.

With the selection of minolta af lenses and the support of Carl zeiss lenses, the Sony alphas have a very good selection of high quality lenses to choose from.

you seriously want a flame war ? okay. we can meet up in real life, i don't mind, and let's see where the debate goes, huh.
    You don't even know what a flame war is, do you? It's ok, you have a long life ahead to actually learn stuff.
    Alpha

Eh. Whatever. You're 18 and think you know everything, though your own arguments contradict your own points. Talk to me again when you learned more than book knowledge.
    that just sums up that you can't handle the banter.

that just sums up that you can't handle the banter.
    No, it's something you learn in real life. There's no point debating with a brainwashed 18-year-old. Age will bring maturity.
    Alpha

ahahah
    no offence or anything,
    but if youre a pro, then why are you hanging around a forum recommending cameras to random kids?

just saying, when i worked at a studio last year my boss was regularly up till 1am working on clients photographs... haha

Quote Originally Posted by rgy1993 View Post
    ahahah
    no offence or anything,
    but if youre a pro, then why are you hanging around a forum recommending cameras to random kids?

just saying, when i worked at a studio last year my boss was regularly up till 1am working on clients photographs... haha
    hahahaha, it's just that he simply can't handle the banter. i never made any personal attack on him, and he makes many on my age and stuff when he doesnt even know me.

ahahah
    no offence or anything,

Bro, he's juz being helpful la. Why pro cant recommend camera? The Newbies corner is for newbies to get advices, recomm from fellow CSers, pro or not. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by stunna88 View Post
    Bro, he's juz being helpful la. Why pro cant recommend camera? The Newbies corner is for newbies to get advices, recomm from fellow CSers, pro or not. Lol
    like i saiid
    im not making an attack
    just sayyiiinn y'alll

now can we get back to shooting... and i need some sleep.

i bid thou good night!

dude, your well on the way to getting this thread locked...
    thats basically a personal attack on krishna91.

whether youre just defending sony for whatever its worth, or youre just jealous that krishna is at brooks taking photography for a bit more then a hobby, there is a clear cut line between healthy debate and personal attack... and mate you crossed it.

What are you talking about? Look carefully on the posts before commenting. And have you contributed anything useful in this thread?
    Minolta. Konica Minolta. Sony

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast