Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ticket prices for Universal Studios theme park is out!!!

Default Re: Ticket prices for Universal Studios theme park is out!!!

i'm not sure if the theme park can survive for long on local visitors. initially yes, when it's new, people would rush to be there. after a while, the crowd will dwindle.

just look at what happened to water theme park in sentosa years back. when its doors opened... damn crowded. after that... its doors are closed for good. btw, what's the name of that theme park? was it Fantasy Island???
    Mythbusters - the bigger the explosion, the better it is.

Quote Originally Posted by mohgui View Post
    i'm not sure if the theme park can survive for long on local visitors. initially yes, when it's new, people would rush to be there. after a while, the crowd will dwindle.

just look at what happened to water theme park in sentosa years back. when its doors opened... damn crowded. after that... its doors are closed for good. btw, what's the name of that theme park? was it Fantasy Island???
    IIRC, Fantasy island was closed due to some accidents. Fatal ones..
    Please Don't Report This Post To A Moderator

I would rather wait for a year or so.
    I have a feeling that sooner or later it will come out with some discount when the visitors drop.

Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post
    i don't understand, when we go on a holiday, we just pay to play in the theme parks
    when you finally have one in your own back yard, we complain that it is too expansive

HK Disneyland is slightly more expansive you know
    http://park.hongkongdisneyland.com/h...eDayTicketPage

WB movieworld is also more expansive
    http://movieworld.myfun.com.au/Park-...ket-Prices.htm
    singaporeans mah...everything also complain! alot of them also have the "local lousy, angmoh good" mentality...spillover from the colonial days perhaps!

Quote Originally Posted by mohgui View Post

i think with the Universal Studios branding, it will be a "must visit" attraction for tourists coming to Singapore or tour agencies will include it in their tour itinerary, especially if the theme park put in rides associated with blockbuster movies.

that should sustain the theme park over the long run.

Yes, if this is to be a truly world-class standard theme park, then $50/head is really reasonable. If you pay 8 bucks for entry, just what are you going to expect?

Want cheap want good all the time? Cannot laaah...
    Sony Alpha system user. www.pbase.com/synapseman

i hope it will be a full-feature packed theme park. unlike the HK Disney which i heard is not as big as the other Disneys around the world.

and yes, i'd probably wait around and then visit the theme park. going in on the first few weeks can prove to be a waste of time. queuing for rides will probably take up half a day or more.
    Mythbusters - the bigger the explosion, the better it is.

I was told by the folks at Resorts World that it would be similar in size to the original Universal Studio. Believe it would be a world class theme park, else Singapore wouldn't have awarded the project to them. If you could remember, it was a keenly bidded project back then.

There's a Facebook Fan Page for Resorts World at Sentosa with more than 11,000 fans now. http://www.facebook.com/ResortsWorldatSentosa?v=wall
    And yes, according to the website, there will be Annual Passes, details of which are being worked out.

I am looking forward to its opening in 2010. At last, Singapore has its own world class theme park and there's more choice for local recreation.
    Last edited by whizzard; 22nd November 2009 at 01:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by whizzard View Post
    I was told by the folks at Resorts World that it would be similar in size to the original Universal Studio. Believe it would be a world class theme park, else Singapore wouldn't have awarded the project to them. If you could remember, it was a keenly bidded project back then.

There's a Facebook Fan Page for Resorts World at Sentosa with more than 11,000 fans now. http://www.facebook.com/ResortsWorldatSentosa?v=wall
    And yes, according to the website, there will be Annual Passes, details of which are being worked out.

I am looking forward to its opening in 2010. At last, Singapore has its own world class theme park and there's more choice for local recreation.
    The size of Universal Studios in LA is much bigger than that in Sg and the one in Florida is a colossus.

I am shocked the folks in RW can say such thing

Definitely the annual pass is a good thing but one thing for sure I shall wait for the euphoria to die down before I go there. There will lots of crowds...etc

Think HK Disneyland. On its first year of operations the line was very long and chaotic. I went to there after a years's op and didn really have to go through the pains of queing up.

Overall Universal Studios is good for Singapore and should have come earlier.
    EOS 40D;50mm f1.4 ; Lancer EX Sports 2.0
    Fan of Man Utd since 1977

Resorts World at Sentosa
    Hi Faisal, children below the age of three get in free. Children who fall within the ages of four to 12 pay $48 on weekdays, $52 on weekends.
    I guess I missed this earlier and just saw it on the Facebook page. I thought that Disneyland/DisneyWorld were horrible charging adult prices for 10 year olds but 4 year olds will be charged so much?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123