Thread: Comparing with the LX3..

Default Comparing with the LX3..

LX3 US$499.95

G11 US$499.95

P6000 US$499.95

HX1 US$499.99

These are the only 2 brands that did not have a PNS at LX3 pricepoint.

X70 US$399.95

SP-590UZ US$329.95

*At US$499.95, the LX3 is in range of entry level DSLR + kit lens. from what i see, at the pricepoint..we have fixed lens pns with dslr features and fixed lens bridge cameras with pns ease of use.
    The same thing but different ways of going about it. Doesnt look like much innovation other then responding to each other products.
    Last edited by Reportage; 18th November 2009 at 06:46 PM.
    You wont see me much less remember me but i am the guy who makes you look good.

Default Re: Comparing with the LX3..

The G10 is much more expensive than the LX3 in Singapore, so in our local market at least, the G11 can't hope to be a direct rival to the venerable 'star' camera.

Every camera manufacturer is mainly concerned with increasing their market share, and hence, profits. Innovation is probably secondary.
    Exploring! :)

Default Re: Comparing with the LX3..

Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    The G10 is much more expensive than the LX3 in Singapore, so in our local market at least, the G11 can't hope to be a direct rival to the venerable 'star' camera.
    The Canon Powershot S90 is closer to the LX3 than the G11, in terms of specs, price, and size. Surprised that its missing from the list - its also been generating more hype than the G11 of late.