Thread: DSLR Pricing in US..

Default DSLR Pricing in US..

*Listed by pricepoint.
    *Listed body only price whenever i can.
    *Created as of Nov 18 2009 referenced from B&H website.

Looks like the US$600-US$1000 pricepoints seems to be the only range where each brand has a dslr to offer. And oddly, these are the models with Live view, Video recording and etc for some brands.
    Last edited by Reportage; 18th November 2009 at 06:51 PM.
    You wont see me much less remember me but i am the guy who makes you look good.

Default Re: DSLR Pricing in US..

This is really useful, thanks!

Just that it sucks for cameras to cost so much more over here. If only they came with international warranty.

Quote Originally Posted by darel View Post
    This is really useful, thanks!

Just that it sucks for cameras to cost so much more over here. If only they came with international warranty.
    Well, if you can go through the trouble of getting it from USA, you have to decide whether the amount saved is worth the 1-year no-warranty risk.

Second thought, they come with 1-year US warranty so it is not like they don't have any warranty at all. It is just the trouble of sending it back for repair and the cost associated with it.

After one year - both local or USA set will be the same. So, it is just that 1st year difference.
    Canon 5D Mark II | 24-105L | 35L | 85L II | 135L | Samyang 14mm 2.8

It is not so much of getting 1 year of "free repairs" (like between 1 year warranty and 2 year warranty), but rather the insurance against manufacturing defects.

If there is any defects, it is likely to surface within 1 year, so the 1 year warranty is actually quite important unlike the extended 2 or 3rd year warranty, which is more of a matter of "free servicing" should the need arises.