Thread: Singtel Mobile reliable?

Default Singtel Mobile reliable?

Recently, there was this incident where I called my friend a few times just before we meet up, and always got the message "The system is not getting a response from the subscriber's mobile phone.. blah blah....". Naturally, most pple would believe that the phone is switched off so when we meet a while later i asked him why he switch off the phone. However, he replied that the phone is not switched off and he shown it too me, and indeed it is ON with signal at full bar.

So on the spot, with the signal still at full bar, I called his number a few times, and, always, the same response "The system is not getting a response from the subscriber's mobile phone...... Please try again later..". And all this while his phone didn't even ring, and is at full battery and signal full bar.

Shortly after, the phone received a few "Missed Call alert" SMSes, ending with ".... this service is brought free to you by Singtel...."..................

Also, on a few occasions, I left my phone at one fixed location for a few hours, the phone never rang, but it received a few missed call alert SMSes. The missed call occurred a few minutes earlier accordingly to the SMS, but there is no missed call in the phone log, meaning the phone really NEVER rang. And on checking, the signal is still at full bar, so is not a reception problem.........

Did anyone had similar experience before? Seems that the Singtel mobile is highly unreliable when connecting mobile phone calls..
    Last edited by Limsgp; 18th November 2009 at 02:59 PM.

Default Re: Singtel Mobile reliable?

lol might be your friend's phone prob
    i myself have never encountered this and hopefully wont

I have the exact problems TS mentioned with my Singtel line 2 nights ago.

Not too sure if this helps.
    So far my frens that got this is because they did not off n on their hp for quite some time or their hp requires a reboot (PDA-hp)

It's just a simple, normal HP. And after a while the HP is able to receive calls w/o rebooting or whatever..

I believe it's not related to the HP, but rather a bug or defect in the network. Anyway, if you ever tried to call someone but got a "The system is not getting a response..." message, maybe can try to double confirm with the other party whether the phone is actually switched off or no signal. A lot of times, pple just assume that the other party's HP is off so they didn't realise that there is such issues.

I may not be a Singtel subcriber but I have M1 and StarHub line too.
    I also face the same problem leh..
    Last edited by shaoken; 18th November 2009 at 07:19 PM.

Happens to me too. But it depends on where I am. I think its a glitch in the satellite system, though it's ironic because if I'm not wrong Singtel is supposed to have the widest network coverage. I don't know whether this will work but I'm thinking of getting it : http://cgi.ebay.com.sg/Mobile-Handph...aultDomain_216
    I got the ∞ the got I

Quote Originally Posted by shaoken View Post
    I may not be a Singtel subcriber but I have M1 and StarHub line too.
    I also face the same problem leh..
    Yah, I think not only singtel got this problem... My starhub lines have the same problem as well......

It has got nothing to do with network coverage. As mentioned in original post, the HP indicates very good signal, meaning got coverage, but the line cannot get thru to that HP.

If no network coverage or poor signal, that is understandable. But if signal is strong, why the line cannot get thru? If it is network busy, they should indicate so instead of just replying "The system is not getting a response....................".. sounds like out of coverage or HP switched off.. so mis-leading.

Quote Originally Posted by diziz View Post
    Happens to me too. But it depends on where I am. I think its a glitch in the satellite system, though it's ironic because if I'm not wrong Singtel is supposed to have the widest network coverage. I don't know whether this will work but I'm thinking of getting it : http://cgi.ebay.com.sg/Mobile-Handph...aultDomain_216

I'm with Singtel Mobile and rarely turn off my HP. I get similar symptoms sometimes be it mobile-2-mobile or landline-2-mobile.

Not sure what the signal full bar really meant. It could mean the signal to the base-station is at maximum but the base-station to the remaining of the network might not.

In my experience, in the KPE tunnel, sometimes the line dropped.
    Last edited by kklee; 19th November 2009 at 09:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Limsgp View Post
    Recently, there was this incident where I called my friend a few times just before we meet up, and always got the message "The system is not getting a response from the subscriber's mobile phone.. blah blah....". Naturally, most pple would believe that the phone is switched off so when we meet a while later i asked him why he switch off the phone. However, he replied that the phone is not switched off and he shown it too me, and indeed it is ON with signal at full bar.

So on the spot, with the signal still at full bar, I called his number a few times, and, always, the same response "The system is not getting a response from the subscriber's mobile phone...... Please try again later..". And all this while his phone didn't even ring, and is at full battery and signal full bar.
    yes, i experience the same thing before. on and off.

I am using Starhub mobile, so far so good.

Shortly after, the phone received a few "Missed Call alert" SMSes, ending with ".... this service is brought free to you by Singtel...."..................

Also, on a few occasions, I left my phone at one fixed location for a few hours, the phone never rang, but it received a few missed call alert SMSes. The missed call occurred a few minutes earlier accordingly to the SMS, but there is no missed call in the phone log, meaning the phone really NEVER rang. And on checking, the signal is still at full bar, so is not a reception problem.........

Did anyone had similar experience before? Seems that the Singtel mobile is highly unreliable when connecting mobile phone calls..
    Spot-on, I get the same thing as well. Highly frustrating when I'm expecting a text message or a call.
    Flickr | 40D + CZ T* 28-70/50/80-200

I realised Singtel recently very screwed up one.
    Apart from missed calls, I also have problem with my mobile broadband where the speed is very slow or no reaction.
    D7100,SB910,17-50/2.8OS,105/2.8VR,85/1.8D,2xE-M1,O60/2.8,12-40/2.8,35-100/2.8,14-42,LX100

I just returned back from Pahang Cherating and had some roaming issue, only got "Emergency Calls Only". Turned off and on many times and still the same, was told I need to select the Partner Operator manually, what a load of BS. Anyway, I got my SingTel Corp AM to send me a new SIM card, not sure if I will have this same problem again when roaming.

Have been using SingTel for long time, never happen like this before, not sure if there was any recent changes that caused these errors.

../azul123

nothing is reliable..

all are machines, they can fail at anytime ! those who studied IT or Engineering will know i am refering to.. tech machines can fail and only backups will ensure constant flow of services.
    Last edited by raincool2005; 19th November 2009 at 12:56 PM.

i got kena the nv ring and miss call sms b4 lol