Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Newbie Looking for Advice

Default Re: Newbie Looking for Advice

Quote Originally Posted by carroty View Post
    1)Pentax K-x with kit lens
    2)Sony A230 twin lens kit,50mm f/1.8
    3)Sony A550 kits lens only

For option 2,learn first then 2-3 years later upgrade but keep the lens.
    For option 3,currently no budget for other lens save more money to get 50mm lens in future.

BTW if i want to buy the extended warranty,do i have to do it at the same time as when i buy the camera?or can wait a few weeks?
    ive read that someone extended the warranty after he bought the camera for one month. But its best that u ask the people at Sony regarding this.

Extending warranty is good though, as Sony includes sensor and lenses cleaning as part of the warranty coverage. So for the 3+ yrs, u can send your body and lenses (including the free 50mm f1.8) for cleaning and they wont charge you a cent.

I will be sending my A500 for cleaning next week. Spotted dust particle inside my sensor already

Quote Originally Posted by android17 View Post
    ive read that someone extended the warranty after he bought the camera for one month. But its best that u ask the people at Sony regarding this.

Extending warranty is good though, as Sony includes sensor and lenses cleaning as part of the warranty coverage. So for the 3+ yrs, u can send your body and lenses (including the free 50mm f1.8) for cleaning and they wont charge you a cent.

I will be sending my A500 for cleaning next week. Spotted dust particle inside my sensor already
    ahhh i see..because if i get the A550,no budget to get warranty until next pay day in mid dec..but wanna get the dslr before dec so i can practice more while i'm free!

hmm i got a 5-years warranty.. as the person say it will increase the resale value but I doubt i would wanna sell it even if I buy another new camera. haha. the 5 yr warranty is like less than 200 for my a330.

is the anti dust thing in the camera effective? the vibration is quite loud..

Quote Originally Posted by tehzeh View Post
    hmm i got a 5-years warranty.. as the person say it will increase the resale value but I doubt i would wanna sell it even if I buy another new camera. haha. the 5 yr warranty is like less than 200 for my a330.
    wah how come got 5 year warranty one
    btw how long after you got the camera then you bought your warranty?

ahhh i see..because if i get the A550,no budget to get warranty until next pay day in mid dec..but wanna get the dslr before dec so i can practice more while i'm free!
    i advise u to go down sonystyle shops and check with them 1st, see whats the allowance for the extension of warranty promotion. If can delay 1 month then it'll be just nice for you.

i advise u to go down sonystyle shops and check with them 1st, see whats the allowance for the extension of warranty promotion. If can delay 1 month then it'll be just nice for you.
    yup would take your suggestion and go down on friday or next tuesday!then can shun bian go SLR revolution see if they have white for the k-x and try out the A550 at the sony shop too.

wah how come got 5 year warranty one
    btw how long after you got the camera then you bought your warranty?
    i bought it when i bought my camera.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12