Thread: overwrite

Default overwrite

dunno hw i accidently overwrite my recent pics to sipadan.the thumbnail is still the original pic which mean i click on the thumbnail but another pic came out which is taken a few days after. anybody can help? and sorry if i posed @ the wrong section.
    Last edited by kirkchua79; 17th November 2009 at 05:55 PM.

Default Re: overwrite

Try a simple search here with "recover images" or similar terms. You'll be amazed, you are not alone with the problem
    EOS

You people really need to buy futuristic camera that comes with RAISD/ RAICF + SS, Redundant Array of Inexpensive Secure Digital / Compact Flash with Snapshot.

That offers dual SD/ CF card mirroring or 3 SD/CF slot for parity recovery with Versioning
    Last edited by spheredome; 18th November 2009 at 05:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by spheredome View Post
    You people really need to buy futuristic camera that comes with RAISD/ RAICF + SS, Redundant Array of Inexpensive Secure Digital / Compact Flash with Snapshot.
    That offers dual SD/ CF card mirroring or 3 SD/CF slot for parity recovery with Versioning
    But that requires file systems other than the crappy FAT. Once there is a proper file system the chances of such corruptions are already much lower. To bad the standard Windows cannot handle them. For the camera and memory manufacturers it would be even cheaper, no license fees per FAT device.
    EOS

you can go to professional, but they charge a lot. if that image not really important, just forget about it.

sugget you do a regular backup to both DVD and extrenal hard disk
    Bokelicious Photography : www.bokelicious.net --- Facebook.com/bokelicious

haiz pci cannot find the files after the 2nd time erasin all on my xd card.

my case should be -xd card reader transfer files to HDD-format card-2nd transfer of files by cut n paste to HDD-click on thumbnail but different pic-refresh thumbnail all gone.

anymore ideas??

Great post! It's very nice and userful. Thank you so much for Paul post.

Quote Originally Posted by kirkchua79 View Post
    my case should be -xd card reader transfer files to HDD-format card-2nd transfer of files by cut n paste to HDD-click on thumbnail but different pic-refresh thumbnail all gone.
    anymore ideas??
    Yes, how about a clear and systematic description of your problem? The minimalistic approach doesn't work here. Some structure and punctuation will help others to understand you better and in return you might get solutions that work.
    EOS

Quote Originally Posted by kirkchua79 View Post

anymore ideas??
    You erased the card 2 times after you found out you want to find some lost pics in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Octarine View Post
    Yes, how about a clear and systematic description of your problem? The minimalistic approach doesn't work here. Some structure and punctuation will help others to understand you better and in return you might get solutions that work.
    1.transfer files batch 1 thru xd card reader to portable HDD on my laptop
    2.erase files on card
    3.transfer another batch 2 thru xd card reader to portable HDD on my laptop
    4.erase batch 2 files
    5.suddenly realised different pic from wat i've clicked on the thumbnail.such as i click on batch 1 pics but opened as a pic from batch 2.
    6.refreshed thumbnails and all files from batch 1 is gone.