Thread: Please, do not hesitate like I did! (cont'd)

Unhappy Please, do not hesitate like I did! (cont'd)

This is a re-post as things got a little awry in the original post. Many have commented and shared their experiences, which you may want to read about. Thanks!

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Didn't know it could feel this bad. And the feeling's getting worse the more I think about it. Should have given chase but I didn't. Seems like the best I can do now is to share my experience so you could be more alert and not hesitate like I did.

Was walking amongst the Chingay crowd outside Taka when my fren spotted the molestation of a few women by this one guy. The ladies were left aghast and speechless ... and didn't shout for help. I had thought it was a case of the guy bumping into the ladies 'accidentally', then I was told he actually squeezed and groped.

Amidst all the "did you see it?" "what did he do?" "which guy is it?" talk ... I should have plucked up the courage to gave chase ... or at the very least shouted a "Stop him!" or something ... but I didn't! He was still just within sight when I figured who it was and contemplated my reaction ... then we lost him, and the ladies amongst the crowd. Perhaps it was the fear of making a fool of oneself ... catching the wrong guy ... or not being able to get the ladies to confront the culprit ...

Please, if you encounter something similar, please do not hesitate like I did and let the culprit go scot-free. Those foolish worries are totally unnecessary. You don't know how bad you can feel later ... for your inaction. I can't even being to imagine how his victims are feeling this instant. His next victim could be someone you know, someone close to you.

For me, there shall not be a next time.

Regards,

Sensires

Quote Originally Posted by Cash
    And it makes you feel better by telling us?
    Neither does my post make me feel any better about the night's incident, nor do I think my sharing entitles me to feel any less guilty.

Some have replied in this thread saying they have learnt a little something from my experience - that might just help them react better than I did should they be faced with a similar situation. I can't feel more glad. And yes, I do find some comfort in that.

Feel free to condemn my inaction. To some extent, I deserve it. I sincerely hope when it's your turn to stand up to an injustice, you would do so with courage, wit and tact. If that is what you have been practicing - I salute you with all my heart!

But if ... IF that isn't the case, then I do hope you have learnt something too.

in my opinion, you have not done anything wrong or right. your reactions are normal.

don't feel so bad.

Quote Originally Posted by sensires
    Neither does my post make me feel any better about the night's incident, nor do I think my sharing entitles me to feel any less guilty.

Some have replied in this thread saying they have learnt a little something from my experience - that might just help them react better than I did should they be faced with a similar situation. I can't feel more glad. And yes, I do find some comfort in that.

Feel free to condemn my inaction. To some extent, I deserve it. I sincerely hope when it's your turn to stand up to an injustice, you would do so with courage, wit and tact. If that is what you have been practicing - I salute you with all my heart!

But if ... IF that isn't the case, then I do hope you have learnt something too.

You'll do better next time. Lamenting about your indecision here won't help. People may have heard you alright. Let's see if anyone practice it in future.

i like your style. So frank but unmistakably true

Forums are filled with people who talk behind the comfort of their monitors

Are you one of them too?

Quote Originally Posted by FLiNcHY
    i like your style. So frank but unmistakably true

Forums are filled with people who talk behind the comfort of their monitors

Are you one of them too?
    ALl people who respond in this forum talks behind their monitors. Question is, are you comfortable?

Quote Originally Posted by Cash
    ALl people who respond in this forum talks behind their monitors. Question is, are you comfortable?
    Heheahhaa.a.
    I like this!