Had this crazy idea of organising a 2D/1N outing (on Feb 21st to 22nd) to shoot birds after spotting a new location today. I've been going out on shoots with a few regulars on/off and thought what would happen if there is a slightly bigger group shooting together. We did talked about it about 3 months back but never realise it.
Bear in mind this is tentative and need ideas on how to plan for it and the logistics. This is not a confirmation thread but to seek ideas first.
This new place I've found have the following birds to offer to the avian photographer (or in my terms, a Bird Flu CS Member )
1) Grey Heron Nesting area, also flight shots
2) Terns (Lots of them, flight and feeding shots)
3) Purple Heron flight shots, need to spot the Purple Herony.
4) Kites & Raptors, flying and hovering only 20m above ground level !
5) Smaller land birds like Bee-Eaters, Shrikes (Brown & LongTail), Swallows, Munias, Baya Weavers, Tailor Bird, etc
6) Kingfishers (hopefully can catch the Black Cap !)
7) Ospreys - after getting the confirmation early by SK.
1) Sunrise and Sunset shots
2) Stars & Moon ?
3) BBQ and chit-chat session ?
4) Fishing session when the tide is high
What I had in mind at the moment :
a) Build up 2 tents for 6 to 8 person
b) Smaller tent to house equipment and food/water
c) Build a large roof made of ground sheet to provide shelter/shade during midday
Logistics - This is going to be tough as the area is like 1 hour trek by foot away from civilisation !
Looking to hear suggestions from folks on making this possible.