Thread: Handphone 'researchers' come in!

Talking Handphone 'researchers' come in!

I have more or less decided on a phone and I would like the opinions of some before fully committing myself to this phone.

This phone in question is the Samsung S300.

Users of this phone, and friends of ex-users please do contribute.
    (It's a little scary giving over more than half of a month's salary to something such as this.
    )

Quote Originally Posted by Poledra
    I have more or less decided on a phone and I would like the opinions of some before fully committing myself to this phone.

This phone in question is the Samsung S300.

Users of this phone, and friends of ex-users please do contribute.
    (It's a little scary giving over more than half of a month's salary to something such as this.
    )
    Personally, I'd go for the S500 instead cos can add words into the T9. But then if you think you'll use java, then I guess you're better off with the S300

Quote Originally Posted by phrozact
    Personally, I'd go for the S500 instead cos can add words into the T9. But then if you think you'll use java, then I guess you're better off with the S300
    You see, my friend is now selling the phone at $450 (or lower) and she only used it for 2 1/2 months.
    You mean the T9 dictionary in S300 is dysfunctional? As in, I can't use my own words, like thking, or anythg, or 2day in my SMS?

Ah... Give me a short tutorial please. Pray tell, what good is java?

But I really like the external colour screen. I've looked at S500. It didn't appeal to me as much..

You see, my friend is now selling the phone at $450 (or lower) and she only used it for 2 1/2 months.
    You mean the T9 dictionary in S300 is dysfunctional? As in, I can't use my own words, like thking, or anythg, or 2day in my SMS?

Ah... Give me a short tutorial please. Pray tell, what good is java?

But I really like the external colour screen. I've looked at S500. It didn't appeal to me as much..
    Yeah, you cannot add your own words into the T9 dictionary of the S300.
    As for java, I'm not sure what good it is, never used it myself, but there seems to be a lot of people who insist having java apps in their phones...as far as I can tell, java is used for installing apps into your phone, but so far I dunno what kind of useful apps there can be. Personal preference I guess.

Yeah, you cannot add your own words into the T9 dictionary of the S300.
    As for java, I'm not sure what good it is, never used it myself, but there seems to be a lot of people who insist having java apps in their phones...as far as I can tell, java is used for installing apps into your phone, but so far I dunno what kind of useful apps there can be. Personal preference I guess.
    Games

Regards
    CK

But are there any good free games you can recommend?
    Most of the games I've tried are slow and hard to play using the numeric keypad...
    =P

But are there any good free games you can recommend?
    Most of the games I've tried are slow and hard to play using the numeric keypad...
    =P
    Try www.samsungmobile.com.sg (Samsung's Funclub a.k.a. SFC). Sign up as a member and then join their 'Groups'. One good source for Java apps/games would be the 'Java Arena' group. See the posts and you will find games posted there...

==========

Poledra,

My personal view is that the S300 is more suitable for ladies as it is really small while the S500 is good for its bigger TFT screen and ability to read and forward Chinese sms.

Oh yea, did I mention that the S300 comes with data cable and PC CD-Rom for transferring Images/Ringtones to your phone, as well as for sending messages, but not the S500?? Sadly though, both phones do not come with MMS function...
    Olympus E-3 / E-500 / XA | Vivitar UWS
    Blog & Photos

Quote Originally Posted by petaflopz
    Try www.samsungmobile.com.sg (Samsung's Funclub a.k.a. SFC). Sign up as a member and then join their 'Groups'. One good source for Java apps/games would be the 'Java Arena' group. See the posts and you will find games posted there...

==========

Poledra,

My personal view is that the S300 is more suitable for ladies as it is really small while the S500 is good for its bigger TFT screen and ability to read and forward Chinese sms.

Oh yea, did I mention that the S300 comes with data cable and PC CD-Rom for transferring Images/Ringtones to your phone, as well as for sending messages, but not the S500?? Sadly though, both phones do not come with MMS function...
    You know what?
    I sort of decided not to buy the S300 from my friend. she was charging such an outrageous price, as I found out today. And today, I paid for part of a S200. it was the original phone I wanted anyway..
    And it has IrDA and the data cable. So I can download all the ringtones I want free!
    I think I like you better, petaflopz, for telling me about the samsungmobile website.

I'm so PSYCHED! I'm getting the phone tomorrow!!!!

You know what?
    I sort of decided not to buy the S300 from my friend. she was charging such an outrageous price, as I found out today. And today, I paid for part of a S200. it was the original phone I wanted anyway..
    And it has IrDA and the data cable. So I can download all the ringtones I want free!
    I think I like you better, petaflopz, for telling me about the samsungmobile website.

I'm so PSYCHED! I'm getting the phone tomorrow!!!!
    S200 is such a pretty phone! what collect r u getting?

Quote Originally Posted by lavenderlilz
    S200 is such a pretty phone! what collect r u getting?
    I wanted the white one, but since I was getting it 2nd hand (with 11 months of warranty left from Samsung) and at more than a $100 discount from 1st hand price, I quickly grabbed the phone. Even though it is red.

Red is kinda foxy, really.

Hope you like you new phone!!
    Olympus E-3 / E-500 / XA | Vivitar UWS
    Blog & Photos