Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Did you ever meet rude joggers?

Default Re: Did you ever meet rude joggers?

Quote Originally Posted by wildsoyabean View Post
    were u on the cyclist part or the walkers part? if you are on the cyclist part...i guess the angmo got some rights to shout at u... but if u were on the walkers path, i would claim damages from them. all the gears no spoil also make spoil to buy new ones
    I think the hair line fracture I had caused by the impact was more serious that some gear spoiling really

Maybe there's less blood and oxygen going to the brains when a person is jogging?

Tum podem extulit horridulum...日出東方﹐唯我不敗。

No idea of the place mentioned by TS.

But if a tripod was placed on half the path at ECP, there'll be a "rude jogger", "rude roller blader", "rude cyclist", "rude pedestrian", "rude uncle", "rude aunty" threads spouting all over

I jog almost every morning. If I can siam, i will always siam. But if I can't siam i will always bang into those ppl who are really "blind".
    Simplicity, it is just an encapsulation of complexity.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunbucker View Post
    No idea of the place mentioned by TS.

But if a tripod was placed on half the path at ECP, there'll be a "rude jogger", "rude roller blader", "rude cyclist", "rude pedestrian", "rude uncle", "rude aunty" threads spouting all over
    it would not be called jogging anymore. it will be called slalom with tripod as obstacles.
    Last edited by Jix; 20th November 2009 at 02:47 PM.

Try to understand from the runner's point of view.

Maybe they've already covered 5 or 10 clicks, so quite tired already, no mood to be friendly. Joggers will always try to run in as straight a line as possible because it's easier on the body that way. Every time they try to make even the slightest detour, it represents wasted effort and may break their rhythm of running. It's not just a matter of taking a few steps to the left or right for the jogger.

And also, maybe it's not just you. The jogger might have encountered a few inconsiderate people before you, so by the time the jogger reaches you, he/she might feel very irritated already.

As long as there are people around, tripods are always an obstruction no matter where they are set up. We just have to be mindful to minimise this while using them.
    Sony Alpha system user. www.pbase.com/synapseman

Quote Originally Posted by synapseman View Post
    Try to understand from the runner's point of view.

Maybe they've already covered 5 or 10 clicks, so quite tired already, no mood to be friendly. Joggers will always try to run in as straight a line as possible because it's easier on the body that way. Every time they try to make even the slightest detour, it represents wasted effort and may break their rhythm of running. It's not just a matter of taking a few steps to the left or right for the jogger.

And also, maybe it's not just you. The jogger might have encountered a few inconsiderate people before you, so by the time the jogger reaches you, he/she might feel very irritated already.

As long as there are people around, tripods are always an obstruction no matter where they are set up. We just have to be mindful to minimise this while using them.
    Heh, you're too nice. Simply put, just like anyone who parked his bicycle blocking half the walk way wouldn't be looked on kindly, setting up a stationary tripod on a walk way would annoy almost everyone around (except perhaps TS) and TS just happened to bump into a vocal one. Thumbs up to the jogger!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12