Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 88

Thread: Photographing your wife

  1. #1

    Default Photographing your wife

    I saw a thread about this in another forum, and I thought it would be a funny and good sharing session

    Ok I'm not married, but I've heard of similar experiences (you husbands all know what ) from my mum...

    So how do you guys go about (or try your best), or avoid taking photos of your wife?
    Any interesting experiences to share?

    P.S. Girlfriends excluded, cause they are in a different level altogether

  2. #2
    Moderator ortega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    23,686
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Photographing your wife

    i don't know about the rest, but i take lots of pictures of my wife and daughter
    it is they who try to avoid me

  3. #3

    Default Re: Photographing your wife

    how come must avoid? unless they dont wanna be shot by u?

  4. #4
    Moderator ortega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    23,686
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Photographing your wife

    Quote Originally Posted by flipfreak View Post
    how come must avoid? unless they dont wanna be shot by u?
    at the moment they will look away or hide when i point my lens at them
    but will appreciate when they look at the memories

  5. #5

    Default Re: Photographing your wife

    Not sure about wives, but my family members will avoid when they see me snapping pictures of them (unless it's like those posing session at touristy places). Hehe, so just take candids la, like when you do street photography

  6. #6

    Default Re: Photographing your wife

    Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post
    at the moment they will look away or hide when i point my lens at them
    but will appreciate when they look at the memories
    asians are just camera shy.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Photographing your wife

    Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post
    at the moment they will look away or hide when i point my lens at them
    but will appreciate when they look at the memories
    Kudos to your wife and daughter for being so open... haha.
    I know lots of women tend to nitpick themselves in the photos after viewing themselves in it

    So do they tell you to delete off 90% of the photos you took of them?

  8. #8
    Senior Member Numnumball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Central
    Posts
    13,914

    Default Re: Photographing your wife

    oh..i dun avoid, my wife is my best model..
    I turned PRO in diaper chg!
    My Flickr|My Son

  9. #9
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default Re: Photographing your wife

    Quote Originally Posted by lypklypk View Post
    Kudos to your wife and daughter for being so open... haha.
    I know lots of women tend to nitpick themselves in the photos after viewing themselves in it

    So do they tell you to delete off 90% of the photos you took of them?
    just stack two Nikon Soft2 filters together you will be fine.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Singapore, West
    Posts
    478

    Default Re: Photographing your wife

    Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post
    at the moment they will look away or hide when i point my lens at them
    but will appreciate when they look at the memories
    same here.
    my wife and (baby) daughter won't cooperate when I try to take their pictures.
    Anyway, my wife alone could make a photographer cough blood. It happened to our pre-wedding photographer.

    For a baby, the passer-bys gets her attention. Using a digicam increases the chance of success because she cannot see be behind the DSLR. However, when she was a new born, she was interested in the big lens pointing at her but this interest has diminished.

    For my wife, she's busy to make sure our daughter looks at the camera and end up not looking at the camera herself.

    We agreed to take the photo as long as my wife looks at the camera.

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Singapore, West
    Posts
    478

    Default Re: Photographing your wife

    Quote Originally Posted by flipfreak View Post
    asians are just camera shy.
    It depends on the individual.

    One of my friend's wife (asian) loves to take picture. Dragged me and her husband for photoshoot when I got my DSLR. She'd come up with all sort of poses and find props during the shoot.

    In contrary, when I shoot my wife, the frustration I experience every time left me with the idea that I'd rather pay someone for a photoshoot despite the photo carries no memory. e.g. she'd ask me to setup first (frame the picture) then she stand in front of the camera with a very sianz look.

    Last Sat went to shoot Orchard Xmas lighting. Half way we already agree she looks after daughter and I shoot the lights only.

  12. #12
    Deregistered riotvan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    at your bedroom window
    Posts
    1,489

    Default Re: Photographing your wife

    LOL why are girlfriends on a different level?

  13. #13
    Moderator ortega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    23,686
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Photographing your wife

    Quote Originally Posted by lypklypk View Post
    Kudos to your wife and daughter for being so open... haha.
    I know lots of women tend to nitpick themselves in the photos after viewing themselves in it

    So do they tell you to delete off 90% of the photos you took of them?
    fortunately for me, no
    i keep 100%, we can laugh about the pictures when we look back

  14. #14
    Moderator ortega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    23,686
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Photographing your wife

    Quote Originally Posted by riotvan View Post
    LOL why are girlfriends on a different level?
    because you don't have "the one ring"

  15. #15

    Default Re: Photographing your wife

    Quote Originally Posted by ConnorMcLeod View Post
    same here.
    my wife and (baby) daughter won't cooperate when I try to take their pictures.
    Anyway, my wife alone could make a photographer cough blood. It happened to our pre-wedding photographer.

    For a baby, the passer-bys gets her attention. Using a digicam increases the chance of success because she cannot see be behind the DSLR. However, when she was a new born, she was interested in the big lens pointing at her but this interest has diminished.

    For my wife, she's busy to make sure our daughter looks at the camera and end up not looking at the camera herself.

    We agreed to take the photo as long as my wife looks at the camera.
    It means you have to get a bigger lens... 85L or 50 1.0

  16. #16

    Default Re: Photographing your wife

    Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post
    fortunately for me, no
    i keep 100%, we can laugh about the pictures when we look back
    Nice

  17. #17

    Default Re: Photographing your wife

    Quote Originally Posted by riotvan View Post
    LOL why are girlfriends on a different level?
    Wife's are (supposingly) forever, GFs are not

    Forever = not happy, will remember forever

  18. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Perth Australia
    Posts
    2,548

    Default Re: Photographing your wife

    Quote Originally Posted by riotvan View Post
    LOL why are girlfriends on a different level?
    Girlfriends don't have:

    a) The ring(s) of domination

    b) Joint name credit card (very big method of revenge for taking pics without wifey approval)

    c) Nagging power

    d) Scathing comment ability like a wife (otherwise g/f traded in for newer model with lower km on mouth).

    The Ang Moh from Hell
    Professional Photography - many are called, few are chosen!

  19. #19
    Deregistered riotvan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    at your bedroom window
    Posts
    1,489

    Default Re: Photographing your wife

    Quote Originally Posted by lypklypk View Post
    Wife's are (supposingly) forever, GFs are not

    Forever = not happy, will remember forever

    hahahahah some gfs become wives in the end


    Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Girlfriends don't have:

    a) The ring(s) of domination

    b) Joint name credit card (very big method of revenge for taking pics without wifey approval)

    c) Nagging power

    d) Scathing comment ability like a wife (otherwise g/f traded in for newer model with lower km on mouth).



    rofl

  20. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Perth Australia
    Posts
    2,548

    Default Re: Photographing your wife

    Quote Originally Posted by riotvan View Post
    hahahahah some gfs become wives in the end :
    Yep they sure do, and it's been the downfall of many a couple. It's a trap and this here little black duck would rather not stick his head in to the unholy matrimoney trap. I hear the marriage noose is a tight fit and a wallet busting nightmare

    Quote Originally Posted by riotvan View Post
    rofl
    Wonders if you know the difference between love, wives, girlfriends and herpes?
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    Herpes lasts forever
    The Ang Moh from Hell
    Professional Photography - many are called, few are chosen!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •