Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 30

Thread: Questionable behaviours of GWC - Pot calling kettle black

  1. #1

    Exclamation Questionable behaviours of GWC - Pot calling kettle black

    Ok, I may potentially be blamed for flame baiting or trying to instigate things or contridicting myself, but I find this topic pretty amusing and entertaining to discuss...

    There seem to have some GWCs arguing with one another, spreading and pointing finger claiming the other is pervert or have questionable behaviours during portraiture shoots(or rather xmm shoots), while trying to portray oneself as some PROfessional photographer with tons of xmm shoots... But it seems like the GWCs didn't realise that they are also potentially backfiring themselves too...

    What's your take about this Pot calling kettle black topic?

    Disclaimer: I'm a black wok... And come on, just admit it... we are all....
    I am NOT a PROfessional photographer and photography is NOT my hobby

  2. #2

    Default Re: Questionable behaviours of GWC - Pot calling kettle black

    The main difference is self-control. Some think the GWC thoughts, but others do the actions. Those who think will flame those who do. Nothing shameful with thinking dirty, it's human nature. But when there isn't enough self-control and he offends others, then he should be punished for it.
    Research Institute for Unicultural Visual Arts - Riuva.com

  3. #3

    Default Re: Questionable behaviours of GWC - Pot calling kettle black

    i am a gwc and loving it.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Questionable behaviours of GWC - Pot calling kettle black

    I am an UWC

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Perth Australia
    Posts
    2,548

    Default Re: Questionable behaviours of GWC - Pot calling kettle black

    Quote Originally Posted by Youhong View Post
    Ok, I may potentially be blamed for flame baiting or trying to instigate things or contridicting myself, but I find this topic pretty amusing and entertaining to discuss...

    There seem to have some GWCs arguing with one another, spreading and pointing finger claiming the other is pervert or have questionable behaviours during portraiture shoots(or rather xmm shoots), while trying to portray oneself as some PROfessional photographer with tons of xmm shoots... But it seems like the GWCs didn't realise that they are also potentially backfiring themselves too...

    What's your take about this Pot calling kettle black topic?

    Disclaimer: I'm a black wok... And come on, just admit it... we are all....
    Haha you're a serious candidate for a GWC if:

    1) You are a student or have a job that does not generate the majority of your income from professional photography.

    2) All of your main model shooting is in the form of pretty young girls on organised photoshoots

    3) You rarely if ever shoot models of the same sex as yourself (unless you are gay).

    4) You are shooting gals 10 years your junior (except if you are a working professional photographer).



    The litmus test for GWC-dom...

    You have thoughts about the model in bed with you.

    You wish the model would show a bit more for you.

    You call yourself "Insert your name here photography, images, etc" without having it registered as a business name or trading name.

    You try lame pickup lines on the model.

    You take hundreds of shots for a few keepers
    The Ang Moh from Hell
    Professional Photography - many are called, few are chosen!

  6. #6
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: Questionable behaviours of GWC - Pot calling kettle black

    Quote Originally Posted by Youhong View Post
    天下乌鸦一样黑?

  7. #7
    Senior Member phoakm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    7,385

    Default Re: Questionable behaviours of GWC - Pot calling kettle black

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    天下乌鸦一样黑?
    I love black and wearing black today.
    I AM BORNFIRE!
    My Flickr/TFCD Service

  8. #8
    Member iMac08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Tiong Bahru,Singapore
    Posts
    1,122

    Default Re: Questionable behaviours of GWC - Pot calling kettle black

    by Ian's definition i am definitely a GWC. My income is 100% non-photography but it accounts for 50% of my hobbies/relaxation. And i do it in my job for records. Do-ers or Think-ers are just as bad.i went for SIN09 and i convince myself not to go for this kind of sleazy exhibition or organize shoot to subject myself to such position to get tempted.(my wife won't be too happy at all). There are quite a few who does produce nice works out of it though so also can't condem these org shoot. Seriously to me(i speak for myself),some of these models look like drug addicts and i don't know what so cool abt them or pretty for a shoot. And the outfit is ......sexy?nice? gosh...

  9. #9
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,901

    Default Re: Questionable behaviours of GWC - Pot calling kettle black

    Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Haha you're a serious candidate for a GWC if:

    1) You are a student or have a job that does not generate the majority of your income from professional photography.

    2) All of your main model shooting is in the form of pretty young girls on organised photoshoots

    3) You rarely if ever shoot models of the same sex as yourself (unless you are gay).

    4) You are shooting gals 10 years your junior (except if you are a working professional photographer).



    The litmus test for GWC-dom...

    You have thoughts about the model in bed with you.

    You wish the model would show a bit more for you.

    You call yourself "Insert your name here photography, images, etc" without having it registered as a business name or trading name.

    You try lame pickup lines on the model.

    You take hundreds of shots for a few keepers
    spot on........

    may I add..

    - you are shooting same type of subjects for the past few years.... except the wardrobe on models getting lesser and lesser....
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  10. #10

    Default Re: Questionable behaviours of GWC - Pot calling kettle black

    Quote Originally Posted by baggiolee View Post
    I am an UWC
    I have a UWA

  11. #11

    Default Re: Questionable behaviours of GWC - Pot calling kettle black

    actually i think gwc never mind, it's just how they behave.

    like you can shoot whatever, you're not harming anyone, as long as you keep your hands to yourself and act like a gentleman. i mean, the gwc still remains a gwc.. but at least it's a gwc that's safe

  12. #12
    Senior Member phoakm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    7,385

    Default Re: Questionable behaviours of GWC - Pot calling kettle black

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    actually i think gwc never mind, it's just how they behave.

    like you can shoot whatever, you're not harming anyone, as long as you keep your hands to yourself and act like a gentleman. i mean, the gwc still remains a gwc.. but at least it's a gwc that's safe
    Wise words.
    I AM BORNFIRE!
    My Flickr/TFCD Service

  13. #13
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,901

    Default Re: Questionable behaviours of GWC - Pot calling kettle black

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    actually i think gwc never mind, it's just how they behave.

    like you can shoot whatever, you're not harming anyone, as long as you keep your hands to yourself and act like a gentleman. i mean, the gwc still remains a gwc.. but at least it's a gwc that's safe
    100% agree with you.

    actually hor... as long we are a guy, and also have camera, so we all are a guy with camera liao lor....... right?

    what makes a different is the works we produce and the way we conduct ourself.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  14. #14

    Talking Shoot XMMs!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    I have a UWA
    I'm very inspired by your portfolio of many XMMs...

    I also want to go shoot more XiaoMaoMis 小猫咪 too~~
    I am NOT a PROfessional photographer and photography is NOT my hobby

  15. #15
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,901

    Default Re: Shoot XMMs!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Youhong View Post
    I'm very inspired by your portfolio of many XMMs...

    I also want to go shoot more XiaoMaoMis 小猫咪 too~~
    so you want to upgrade yourself for specializing in shooting pussies?
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  16. #16

    Default Re: Questionable behaviours of GWC - Pot calling kettle black

    I think the phenomenon reveals a deeper psychological problem in our society such as low self-esteem, materialism and lack of self-actualisation.
    Tum podem extulit horridulum...日出東方﹐唯我不敗。

  17. #17

    Default Re: Questionable behaviours of GWC - Pot calling kettle black

    Quote Originally Posted by baggiolee View Post
    I am an UWC
    Uncle With Cam?
    always the Light, .... always.

  18. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Perth Australia
    Posts
    2,548

    Default Re: Questionable behaviours of GWC - Pot calling kettle black

    Quote Originally Posted by Canonised View Post
    Uncle With Cam?
    I thought it was eUnich With Cam
    Last edited by Ian; 16th November 2009 at 09:11 PM.
    The Ang Moh from Hell
    Professional Photography - many are called, few are chosen!

  19. #19
    Senior Member glenntbk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    3,629

    Default Re: Questionable behaviours of GWC - Pot calling kettle black

    Quote Originally Posted by Youhong View Post
    I'm very inspired by your portfolio of many XMMs...

    I also want to go shoot more XiaoMaoMis 小猫咪 too~~
    I learned something today.

    click for the link.

    How to Tell the Difference Between a Legit Photographer and a GWC (Guy With a Camera)
    By DaniaDenise

  20. #20

    Default Re: Questionable behaviours of GWC - Pot calling kettle black

    All I can say is that while its normal to be attracted to those sweet young things (unless u are gay), it definitely isn't to be obsessed with and lose sleep over them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •