Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Where to buy larger capacity electric room dehumidifer?

  1. #1

    Default Where to buy larger capacity electric room dehumidifer?

    Does anyone know where can I find good electric room dehumidifier here? Price range?

    The small Olee brand with UV sold at Homefix is totally hopeless, the air output temp is 36 degree, not to mentioned that the power adaptor is hotter than your notebook.

  2. #2

    Default Re: Where to buy larger capacity electric room dehumidifer?

    What for? Are you sure the UV is safe to use indoors? Just turn on the air conditioner...

  3. #3
    Senior Member CS TAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    3,663

    Default Re: Where to buy larger capacity electric room dehumidifer?

    Quote Originally Posted by spheredome View Post
    Does anyone know where can I find good electric room dehumidifier here? Price range?

    The small Olee brand with UV sold at Homefix is totally hopeless, the air output temp is 36 degree, not to mentioned that the power adaptor is hotter than your notebook.
    Room dehumidifiers are usually being used in humid but cold climate. As such, Singapore is not very common for people to want to buy such product. Since Singapore's weather is so hot, most people will use air conditioners and double it as a dehumidifier since all air conditioners has dehumidify function built-in.

    Big electronic manufacturers all produce such product and they are being sold places like Japan, Korea and Hong Kong where they have very humid weather in spring when the weather is still cold.
    Canon 5D Mark II | 24-105L | 35L | 85L II | 135L | Samyang 14mm 2.8

  4. #4

    Default Re: Where to buy larger capacity electric room dehumidifer?

    While waiting for relevant answer to my question. Here is some quick notes for UV for consumers.

    Direct exposure to high UV is always bad, especially bad are UVA, follow by UVB and lastly UVC. Those UV used for purifier and ozonator (non corona) are very harmful with direct unshielded exposure (meaning you standing in front of the lamp). Even tanning light are used with eye protective gear.

    However a short exposure of UV from sun makes vitamin D in skin and also induces hormone that makes people calm. Which is why people who are hermits or ill and left indoor uses tropical light (special tube that emits similar bandwidth of the sunlight) to act as alternative for periodic exposure..

    Those light used to make thing glow in puzzles are UV too but harmless bandwith.

    So the immediate answer is, direct exposure to intensive UV is harmful if there is no shielding in between, so when you buy something, always look at the design with logic.

    Quote Originally Posted by grantyale View Post
    What for? Are you sure the UV is safe to use indoors? Just turn on the air conditioner...

  5. #5

    Default Re: Where to buy larger capacity electric room dehumidifer?

    Hi Spheredome,

    u may wish to check this website, I have 2 units running in my workplace labs..forgot the price as it was purchased years ago

    http://www.way-technovation.com/
    Nikon D750 and some manual focus primes :)

  6. #6

    Default Re: Where to buy larger capacity electric room dehumidifer?

    Thanks for the link. Supplies are comprehensive.

    Quote Originally Posted by antares2063 View Post
    Hi Spheredome,

    u may wish to check this website, I have 2 units running in my workplace labs..forgot the price as it was purchased years ago

    http://www.way-technovation.com/

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •