Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What to buy with D90 kit budget on a Kx ?

Default Re: What to buy with D90 kit budget on a Kx ?

Checked out some prices over at HK.

White colour kit set

HK$5690 = S$1021 - 8GB + Bag + Tripod(? size) + Batt + Charger?

Is it cheaper at Singapore currently?

Yeah, I think it's slightly cheaper here in SG, plus local warranty, better buy from local store instead.

Thanks bro!

Anyway where can I find FA43 in SG?

Quote Originally Posted by kof88 View Post
    Thanks bro!

Anyway where can I find FA43 in SG?
    I suppose u can find it in my house. Ah...

You can try Orient photo (pretty recommended) and Cathay photo. Else can try TKPhoto. They have a wide rang of the DA lenses nowadays but don't think so for the FAs. But they should be able to order for you.
    I say the lens is the soul of a camera. What about the body? Well, it's just the body...

Quote Originally Posted by fengwei View Post
    Yeah, I think it's slightly cheaper here in SG, plus local warranty, better buy from local store instead.
    i haven't been following the K-x stocks in shops but i'm trying to poison my friend to buy one. anyone has any idea where to get and how much? thankssss

Quote Originally Posted by darrrrrrrrrr View Post
    i haven't been following the K-x stocks in shops but i'm trying to poison my friend to buy one. anyone has any idea where to get and how much? thankssss
    SIN or US ?

1 week ago OP got some blue stocks... $950

slr revo @ funan $10 cheaper, but stock status dunno...

the rest have to call and ask...

but someone mention AP @ funan seems to offer the lowest, anyway i dun like AP so even cheapest i wont go in.
    Gallery|Baby gallery
    I have become an expert in cleaning poo

Quote Originally Posted by flowerpot View Post
    SIN or US ?

1 week ago OP got some blue stocks... $950

slr revo @ funan $10 cheaper, but stock status dunno...

the rest have to call and ask...

but someone mention AP @ funan seems to offer the lowest, anyway i dun like AP so even cheapest i wont go in.
    thanks bro. singapore. that's why i have to ask for advice because i never pay attention to the K-x situation in singapore. all i know is that it's selling like hotcakes.

Quote Originally Posted by darrrrrrrrrr View Post
    thanks bro. singapore. that's why i have to ask for advice because i never pay attention to the K-x situation in singapore. all i know is that it's selling like hotcakes.
    dunno ley, i din even need to reserve, just walk in and buy the blue 1. Its just there, maybe now its still there...

i oni know GF1 is really selling like hot cakes...
    Gallery|Baby gallery

honestly speaking, I didn't see GF1 that small as compared with k-x. especially when coupled with long lens.
    I dunno!!!
    It's banana-zero-neh. :)

Talking Re: What to buy with D90 kit budget on a Kx ?

Hi Pentaxians & wanna-be Pentaxians,
    spotted Evilpucca's posting of a pink K-X & was smitten immediately. Caught sight of a black K-x at MSC AMK & abt a week ago-perhaps KFCRISPY & others wanting a feel of it can try there.
    Inquired abt a navy blue K-x but they have no stock then;was informed to go & view 2 weeks later as 2 pre-ordered units are expected to arrive.
    Am fighting the BBB syndrome now as I've just bought a "bridge" cam & a pns within last 4 months. Am a newbie & still learning the ropes.

Quote Originally Posted by banana0ne View Post
    honestly speaking, I didn't see GF1 that small as compared with k-x. especially when coupled with long lens.
    IMHO, the Pen and GF1 are good as long as the user buys into their new and small lenses. No point getting compact camera size and then 'boosting' it back up to DSLR size by adding a largish lens.

The couple of times I've been to a camera store, I've overheard ppl asking about the GF1. Seems very popular with the ladies and 'trendy' ppl because of the size and colors. Overheard one lady inquire on the GF1 and she was dead fixed on getting the pancake lens bundle though she had no clue what the lens was for (yes, she actually said along the lines of "I want this one (brings up itouch to show a GF1 with pancake)." "What is the lens for?"

Quote Originally Posted by banana0ne View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pinholecam View Post
    IMHO, the Pen and GF1 are good as long as the user buys into their new and small lenses. No point getting compact camera size and then 'boosting' it back up to DSLR size by adding a largish lens.

The couple of times I've been to a camera store, I've overheard ppl asking about the GF1. Seems very popular with the ladies and 'trendy' ppl because of the size and colors. Overheard one lady inquire on the GF1 and she was dead fixed on getting the pancake lens bundle though she had no clue what the lens was for (yes, she actually said along the lines of "I want this one (brings up itouch to show a GF1 with pancake)." "What is the lens for?"
    i also dunno why ppl use a 21mm on a K20D/K7.. might as well get a compact... dun make sense...
    Gallery|Baby gallery

i also dunno why ppl use a 21mm on a K20D/K7.. might as well get a compact... dun make sense...
    Might as well buy a LX3, wide angle, fast f2.0 lens,

It's much smaller than GF1...
    I dunno!!!

Hm.. because of a wider perspective?

Compact PnS doesnt have the response of DSLR. Thats why I got pretty sick with them already.

I've seen a family guy neck strapped a Oly EP-1 + zoom lens and another Canon DSLR in his other camera bag. That guy really know what to pick =O

Spotted quite a few of Silver Made In Japan FA43 and other "princess" FA31 and FA77 in HK shops.

Super expensive

FA43 Silver around SGD1K is it ok?
    Last edited by kof88; 15th December 2009 at 09:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kof88 View Post
    Hm.. because of a wider perspective?

Compact PnS doesnt have the response of DSLR. Thats why I got pretty sick with them already.

I've seen a family guy neck strapped a Oly EP-1 + zoom lens and another Canon DSLR in his other camera bag. That guy really know what to pick =O

Spotted quite a few of Silver Made In Japan FA43 and other "princess" FA31 and FA77 in HK shops.

Super expensive

FA43 Silver around SGD1K is it ok?
    Actually FA43 is the cheapest of all FA limiteds but don't expect this one to be lower than 1k as most pentax lens price has gone up skyhigh. Btw how much is FA 77 limited there?
    I dunno!!!

6680HKD Only ask 1 shop. Because not my priority...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12