Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Tour package to Iceland from SG

  1. #1

    Default Tour package to Iceland from SG

    Hi,

    One company who offer tour package (10 days) to ICELAND quoted about $5900.

    Include chasing the northern lights but no guarantee as it is only one night.

    Anyone knows of a cheaper alternative or other packages?

    Thanks.

  2. #2

    Default Re: Tour package to Iceland from SG

    Was also intrigued by a trip to Iceland ... taking advantage of their less-than-healthy economy and weak kronur, as my friend says.
    Flights are not cheap ~2.5k to Reykjavik. If you wanted to save, head to London first (more competition, lower prices, more frequent flights too), another 500 or so should land you in Reykjavik.
    You'll definitely need to be mobile (why stay in the city?) so should look into renting a car, 4WD if possible for unsealed roads.
    -------------------------------
    Endure. In enduring grow strong.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Tour package to Iceland from SG

    Personally, I wouldn't go for tours... it's cheaper to do some research and organize on your own.

    Anyway, this year isn't the best year for Northern Lights. Wait another 2 years, when the sun spot activity is high. The light will be much stronger and prettier.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Tour package to Iceland from SG

    Quote Originally Posted by Zichar View Post
    ...If you wanted to save, head to London first (more competition, lower prices, more frequent flights too), another 500 or so should land you in Reykjavik.
    You'll definitely need to be mobile (why stay in the city?) so should look into renting a car, 4WD if possible for unsealed roads.
    Thanks for your advice.
    Just check:
    SIN - LDN Fare abt $2350 then another $500 to Reykjavik also not cheap.

    The tour package cover many spots in ICELAND about 5 days in all.
    Plus couple of days in Amsterdam.

    If F&E also need factor in the hotel, land tpt charges and food. Or use the the local tours at ICELAND. Need a more detail planning.

    Anyone has done it from Singapore perhaps can advise.

    Regards,
    Last edited by enginecadet; 13th November 2009 at 12:36 PM.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Tour package to Iceland from SG

    Quote Originally Posted by lypklypk View Post
    Personally, I wouldn't go for tours... it's cheaper to do some research and organize on your own.

    Anyway, this year isn't the best year for Northern Lights. Wait another 2 years, when the sun spot activity is high. The light will be much stronger and prettier.
    I can understand, on our own is more interesting. No need to be push around by the tour guide and his timetable.

    The main objective is the Northern lights and if it is not beautiful that would be sad.
    If the cost is lower I will be tempted to go.

    Is there others who are interested in going there?

    Regards,

  6. #6

    Default Re: Tour package to Iceland from SG

    Not sure how you got hold of 2340, full fare SQ?
    There are always promotions to London, it's a popular destination; shop around.
    -------------------------------
    Endure. In enduring grow strong.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Tour package to Iceland from SG

    Quote Originally Posted by enginecadet View Post
    Thanks for your advice.
    Just check:
    SIN - LDN Fare abt $2350 then another $500 to Reykjavik also not cheap.

    The tour package cover many spots in ICELAND about 5 days in all.
    Plus couple of days in Amsterdam.

    If F&E also need factor in the hotel, land tpt charges and food. Or use the the local tours at ICELAND. Need a more detail planning.

    Anyone has done it from Singapore perhaps can advise.

    Regards,
    i saw a member posting iceland photos in cs before...lets see if i can find that thread
    Flickr
    There's no present. There's only the immediate future and the recent past.

  8. #8

    Default Re: Tour package to Iceland from SG

    Flickr
    There's no present. There's only the immediate future and the recent past.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Tour package to Iceland from SG

    Quote Originally Posted by Zichar View Post
    Not sure how you got hold of 2340, full fare SQ?
    There are always promotions to London, it's a popular destination; shop around.
    I check SQ fares over the SQ web site.
    No promotion currently and price to London for Dec shown as I indicated.

    Call a travel agent, she also give me same price.

    Quote Originally Posted by wildsoyabean View Post
    i saw a member posting iceland photos in cs before...lets see if i can find that thread
    Thanks for your help.

    Regards,
    Last edited by enginecadet; 13th November 2009 at 04:37 PM.

  10. #10

    Default Re: Tour package to Iceland from SG

    You can go to airfares.com.sg to search for cheaper fares if you don't mind not flying by SQ.

  11. #11

    Default Re: Tour package to Iceland from SG

    Quote Originally Posted by almondaddict View Post
    You can go to airfares.com.sg to search for cheaper fares if you don't mind not flying by SQ.
    Thanks for pointing out this site.
    Yes, can get much cheaper ticket from them.
    Even SQ also at $1605 for 30 days duration ticket.

    Cheers.

  12. #12

    Default Re: Tour package to Iceland from SG

    saw the post of iceland. awesome place!!

    wish to go oso......

    for cheap ticket, u can try air asia, stop over at kl.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •