Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 144

Thread: Anyone taking pics of meteor shower on 18 Nov?

  1. #81
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    River Valley
    Posts
    84

    Default Re: Anyone taking pics of meteor shower on 18 Nov?

    They originate from the Leo constellation which is at the East, so they'll be around it.
    Read somewhere that it'll be good to observe facing the NorthEast or SouthEast because the meteor tails will be longer than facing the East.
    Good luck!

  2. #82
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Up North...
    Posts
    161

    Default Re: Anyone taking pics of meteor shower on 18 Nov?

    Sky is clearing up a little over at Admiralty right now.
    Should be setting off soon. ^^

    Checklist!
    1. Tripod - check!
    2. CF - check!
    3. Camera - check!
    4. Lens - check!

    Good to go!
    Wait!.... forget to charge battery!?!?!?!?!

  3. #83

    Default Re: Anyone taking pics of meteor shower on 18 Nov?

    Quote Originally Posted by stanley2606 View Post
    They originate from the Leo constellation which is at the East, so they'll be around it.
    Read somewhere that it'll be good to observe facing the NorthEast or SouthEast because the meteor tails will be longer than facing the East.
    Good luck!
    thanks for the info!
    PortFolio
    the best camera is the camera that is with you; A200/500/33 (:

  4. #84

    Default Re: Anyone taking pics of meteor shower on 18 Nov?

    Quote Originally Posted by maverickliew View Post
    Sky is clearing up a little over at Admiralty right now.
    Should be setting off soon. ^^

    Checklist!
    1. Tripod - check!
    2. CF - check!
    3. Camera - check!
    4. Lens - check!

    Good to go!
    Wait!.... forget to charge battery!?!?!?!?!
    OMG. how are u able to survive with limited amout of batt at long exposures till dawn?
    good luck man
    anw where are u heading to witness?
    PortFolio
    the best camera is the camera that is with you; A200/500/33 (:

  5. #85

    Default Re: Anyone taking pics of meteor shower on 18 Nov?

    how are you guys holding up....should be freezing right about now.
    You wont see me much less remember me but i am the guy who makes you look good.

  6. #86

    Default Re: Anyone taking pics of meteor shower on 18 Nov?


    from my window.

    sembawangs sky are beginning to get better
    PortFolio
    the best camera is the camera that is with you; A200/500/33 (:

  7. #87
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Up North...
    Posts
    161

    Default Re: Anyone taking pics of meteor shower on 18 Nov?

    No lah. Charged while i was taking a short nap earlier. ^^
    Should be heading over to GreenWood Primary School which is nearby my place.
    Too bad i didn't manage to loan a cycle else i might try my luck over at Sembanwang beach instead.

    Luck to you man! Or rather... all of us who are still awake at this hour! lol

  8. #88
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Up North...
    Posts
    161

    Default Re: Anyone taking pics of meteor shower on 18 Nov?

    Awesome! Nice photo!
    Time to head out there and get dirty! ^^

  9. #89
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Thomas More's Vision
    Posts
    627

    Default Re: Anyone taking pics of meteor shower on 18 Nov?

    wow. nice sky there. i cant see any stars or clouds in the northeast..

  10. #90

    Default Re: Anyone taking pics of meteor shower on 18 Nov?

    Quote Originally Posted by maverickliew View Post
    Awesome! Nice photo!
    Time to head out there and get dirty! ^^
    good luck to you

    i relaly wanna go out there but im actually scared hahahaha cos alone mahh
    PortFolio
    the best camera is the camera that is with you; A200/500/33 (:

  11. #91

    Red face Re: Anyone taking pics of meteor shower on 18 Nov?

    anyone gonna camp at bedok res to shoot or watch?

  12. #92
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Up North...
    Posts
    161

    Default Re: Anyone taking pics of meteor shower on 18 Nov?

    Quote Originally Posted by haqeel View Post
    good luck to you

    i relaly wanna go out there but im actually scared hahahaha cos alone mahh
    I'm alone as well.
    Guess i should have some stray dogs for company but ain bothering me.
    Ask yourself: can you wait for another 365 days again and by then will you go out when you have company? That might drive you to go out there like i do. ^^

    Might be checking this thread later once i get to my location and have decent coverage for my mobile network.

    Cheers!

  13. #93

    Default Re: Anyone taking pics of meteor shower on 18 Nov?

    oh no i feel so tempted..
    alright maybe i'll go at arbd 3.45am..

    Good luck
    PortFolio
    the best camera is the camera that is with you; A200/500/33 (:

  14. #94

    Default Re: Anyone taking pics of meteor shower on 18 Nov?

    Quote Originally Posted by haqeel View Post

    from my window.

    sembawangs sky are beginning to get better
    haha.. i cannot see anything from my side.....
    The best camera is the one that's with you.
    http://fotologue.jp/ssgsano/

  15. #95

    Default Re: Anyone taking pics of meteor shower on 18 Nov?

    bedok sky's still cloudy and red lehz. i cant see anything.

  16. #96

    Default Re: Anyone taking pics of meteor shower on 18 Nov?

    Quote Originally Posted by ssgsano View Post
    haha.. i cannot see anything from my side.....
    u put your camera out of your window. lean it againt the wall outside then hold the bulb mode.
    thats what i did hoping my cam wont drop down

    i thinking of going at the big open field at near smb shopping ctr behind canberra park. wanna join?
    PortFolio
    the best camera is the camera that is with you; A200/500/33 (:

  17. #97
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    River Valley
    Posts
    84

    Default Re: Anyone taking pics of meteor shower on 18 Nov?

    hahaha u might wanna bring a groundsheet and a jacket too. Its gonna be a chilly night.
    Good luck!
    Off to pack up!

  18. #98

    Unhappy Re: Anyone taking pics of meteor shower on 18 Nov?

    Quote Originally Posted by darenlock View Post
    bedok sky's still cloudy and red lehz. i cant see anything.

    can see 2 slightly bigger and 5 small stars...sianz.

  19. #99

    Default Re: Anyone taking pics of meteor shower on 18 Nov?

    Quote Originally Posted by haqeel View Post
    u put your camera out of your window. lean it againt the wall outside then hold the bulb mode.
    thats what i did hoping my cam wont drop down

    i thinking of going at the big open field at near smb shopping ctr behind canberra park. wanna join?
    too lazy to go out.. haha
    well...i going off to sleep now.. not getting enough sleep recently due to sch assignments..lol
    still got classes later

    good luck to those still staying up.. hope to see some pictures from you guys tml... or rather, later.
    The best camera is the one that's with you.
    http://fotologue.jp/ssgsano/

  20. #100

    Default Re: Anyone taking pics of meteor shower on 18 Nov?

    Quote Originally Posted by ssgsano View Post
    too lazy to go out.. haha
    well...i going off to sleep now.. not getting enough sleep recently due to sch assignments..lol
    still got classes later

    good luck to those still staying up.. hope to see some pictures from you guys tml... or rather, later.
    alright/ nights!

    oh no.. thick clouds are coming back again..
    PortFolio
    the best camera is the camera that is with you; A200/500/33 (:

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •