Thread: buying tokina 11-16mm in hongkong

Default buying tokina 11-16mm in hongkong

does anybody know where to get a gd deal for this above lens in hongkong? Do they provide international warranty?

Default Re: buying tokina 11-16mm in hongkong

We have several "where to buy in hong kong" threads. Try a search in the Consumers Corner.
    Alpha

Quote Originally Posted by m1kid View Post
    does anybody know where to get a gd deal for this above lens in hongkong? Do they provide international warranty?
    I did buy the ATX116 from Wing Shing Photo Supplies located in Mong Kok district in May09 for HK4180. With the favourable exchange rate you can get a very good price now. The warranty is International 2 yrs limited.

ya i also saw that... it is a very gd price man... my must buy item... but the warranty can use in Singapore right?

Quote Originally Posted by m1kid View Post
    ya i also saw that... it is a very gd price man... my must buy item... but the warranty can use in Singapore right?
    I'd think 'International' means anywhere on planet earth but so far need not use as the lens is perfect. Sharp & good Just wish I'd got more lenses

Yeah just came back from HK Wing Shing. Personally feel much better to buy from Wing Shing than Tin Cheung.
    Although didn't ask for a quote online or via phone, but still their service and price is much better than SG.

They allow credit card payment without additional charges. Similar price to cash payment.

Sometimes they have credit card promo, use credit card even got discount.
    I'm looking at a different perpective of life.

For tokina if the lens got severe problem is ship back to japan for repairs or is it local repair?
    You wont see me much less remember me but i am the guy who makes you look good.

Quote Originally Posted by Reportage View Post
    For tokina if the lens got severe problem is ship back to japan for repairs or is it local repair?
    Not too sure but can call the Tokina Service Centre in S'pore 62253788 to find out

thanx for u help... but seriously what other wide angle lenses u all would like to intro other than the above lens

The other worth lookin at is Tokina ATX124 DXII which is f4 & cheaper. The range is from 12mm to 24mm so longer than ATX116. If got more dole to spend buy Nikon 12 - 24 mm f/4. Others are Sigma 10 - 20 mm f/4 - 5.6 and Tamron 11 - 18 mm f/4.5 - 5.6.
    Here is a comparison by Mr KRW and How to use UWA lens

the review like not that good for the above lens... i think i stick to 11-16mm