Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: confuss!

  1. #1

    Default confuss!

    hey hello alll. . .
    im kind of new in this . . .i still can't decide what kind of camera should i buy....
    need help. . . canon or nikon???wat model???
    really need help from u guys. . .

  2. #2

    Default Re: confuss!

    what is confuss?

  3. #3

    Default Re: confuss!

    there are almost dozens of threads asking the exact same questions as u. try reading them first?

  4. #4
    Member DrSpock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Warp back to Simei
    Posts
    1,088

    Default Re: confuss!

    Quote Originally Posted by pix it View Post
    hey hello alll. . .
    im kind of new in this . . .i still can't decide what kind of camera should i buy....
    need help. . . canon or nikon???wat model???
    really need help from u guys. . .
    Ask yourself this checklist.
    Qn 1. What is your budget?
    Qn 2. What DSLR brand does the majority of your friend use? Not sure, are you M or W? Go try out at the shops how the cam fit in your hand.
    Qn 3. What type of photography do you like? Portrait? Landscape? Night scene? Nature? Sports? Paparazzi?
    Come back with some answers to these qns

  5. #5

    Default Re: confuss!

    Quote Originally Posted by pix it View Post
    hey hello alll. . .
    im kind of new in this . . .i still can't decide what kind of camera should i buy....
    need help. . . canon or nikon???wat model???
    really need help from u guys. . .
    If you don't know, DO NOT BUY. The camera model you get is YOUR CAMERA, not ours. YOU will be using it.

    It is YOU who needs to decide if Canon, Nikon, Sony, Olympus or Pentax has the features, price and ergonomics you want.

    Or do you let others tell you what underwear to buy? What brand and size of running shoe? We can't, since those choices are unique to us and we get the brand/size that is most comfortable for us. You need to do the same.
    Alpha

  6. #6

    Default Re: confuss!

    Quote Originally Posted by DrSpock View Post
    Ask yourself this checklist.
    Qn 1. What is your budget?
    Qn 2. What DSLR brand does the majority of your friend use? Not sure, are you M or W? Go try out at the shops how the cam fit in your hand.
    Qn 3. What type of photography do you like? Portrait? Landscape? Night scene? Nature? Sports? Paparazzi?
    Come back with some answers to these qns
    1)buget $500
    2)nikon. . .im a male

  7. #7

    Default Re: confuss!

    Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    If you don't know, DO NOT BUY. The camera model you get is YOUR CAMERA, not ours. YOU will be using it.

    It is YOU who needs to decide if Canon, Nikon, Sony, Olympus or Pentax has the features, price and ergonomics you want.

    Or do you let others tell you what underwear to buy? What brand and size of running shoe? We can't, since those choices are unique to us and we get the brand/size that is most comfortable for us. You need to do the same.
    okay . . .i hav a few choice in my mind. . .but still can't decide yet. . .
    this is my first camera to be. . .don want to make the wrong choice. . .
    tats y im here,asking Q
    Last edited by pix it; 12th November 2009 at 12:01 AM. Reason: spelling check

  8. #8

    Default Re: confuss!

    Quote Originally Posted by hiphopper View Post
    what is confuss?
    i think he means -confused!- ?

  9. #9

    Default Re: confuss!

    then get nikon lo
    can share lenses, if ur friends are willing to
    d3000 n d5000 are entry level DSLRs, check em out...

  10. #10

    Default Re: confuss!

    Quote Originally Posted by pix it View Post
    1)buget $500
    2)nikon. . .im a male
    Budget, not buget...

    With a budget that low, you should look at the second-hand section here called the Marketplace. You can find cameras from all brands being sold that will meet your budget.
    Alpha

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    1,462

    Default Re: confuss!

    I think this guy is very blur.Don't what he want in the first place.Camera model/camera brand and how much is he going to spend?
    Very blur.

  12. #12
    Senior Member limwhow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Life revolves arOnd East Coast
    Posts
    7,049

    Default Re: confuss!

    Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    ...
    With a budget that low, you should look at the second-hand section here called the Marketplace. You can find cameras from all brands being sold that will meet your budget.
    Hello, pix it.
    I can't help but agree with Rashkae bro.
    $500 is a little low for a DSLR. Although yes in your first posting you did not specifically state that you wanted to buy a DSLR.
    Therefore either you buy a brand new non-DSLR, or yes, a second hand entry level DSLR like the Nikon D40, or Canon 350D etc..
    Don't decide first.
    Go down to any of those many shops in Peninsula Shopping Centre that sell second hand cameras and ask to look and feel.
    If your friends all use Nikon, and if you are close to them and intend to learn from them and borrow lenses, then stick to Nikon.
    My humble opinion.

  13. #13
    Member DrSpock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Warp back to Simei
    Posts
    1,088

    Default Re: confuss!

    Quote Originally Posted by pix it View Post
    1)buget $500
    2)nikon. . .im a male
    Well in that case do you like the photo results your friend's having with Nikon? If yes -> GOTO B&S section check out on all the DLSR with <$500 price tag like D50, D70s, etc & borrow the lenses from your friend to see which one you like to use.

    Go get one & test them out & once you are proficient enough can save more to upgrade to a Nikon D90s or D400 by then
    Last edited by DrSpock; 12th November 2009 at 08:48 AM.

  14. #14

    Default Re: confuss!

    okay guys. . .tanx for all the help. . .
    350d should be juz fine. . .

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •