Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Please, do not hesitate like I did!

I think part of the issue lies with our educational system here. Well at least while I was in pri and sec school back in the 80s. We were taught never to speak or ask unless told to do so. Being quiet is seen as a virtue. (Now that I think of it, what trash!) We were also taught to always "Wait for instructions -- Do not proceed unless told to do so." When asked a question or a simple survey, most don't even dare raise a hand out of embarrassment! What more to even speak up or confront a stranger...

Well, I'm not saying all Westerners are more gungho than us and definitely being "responsive" in public still varies from individual to individual. But compared to them, we definitely need to bolster our repressed feelings and emotions. I must admit that sometimes I fall into this category. Right now, I'm trying to throw off the shadows of the "bad" educaiton I received in the past. Being quiet is not a virtue! React, speak up, approach -- in a tactful manner... Most of our life experiences only pass us by once...

Let's learn from Sensires' experience.

Default some sharing

Hi,

i just want to share a personal experience I had too. I was nearly pickpocketed once in City Hall early last year. 2 foreign workers were following my fren and I closely at City Hall MRT station but as we were deeply engrossed in our conversation I wasn't paying attention to pple behind us. It was a crowded Sunday afternoon. Suddenly there was a commotion behind us and I saw a guy nailing one foreign worker to the wall and later shouted to me that the person was trying to pickpocket my wallet which was in the front pouch of my haversack. If not for this kind Singaporean who went to my rescue, my wallet would have been stolen. He and his wife and fren had noted for some time that the 2 workers were tailing us too closely for comfort and hence were watching carefully and he took action when the thieves pounced. he grabbed the guy to the station control who were at a loss to what to do (duh!) and my fren had to call the police on her mobile. FYI, both the victim and the witness have to go to police station to lodge report and that process can take some time. I was really grateful to that person for his help.

my point is that not all Singaporeans are bo-chup...but this is not meant to add salt to your wounds Sensires...i applaud your courage to share your experience really . i guess what we can do is to be that source of help should something similar happen again .

cheers,
    nightstar

For situations that involve the outrage of modesty (molest in this case), it can be quite difficult to prove to the Police sometimes.

Nevertheless, apprehending the culprit and making him go through all the trouble is well worth the effort...even if he isn't charged/convicted on this incident it is a reminder to him that people are watching, and his perverted days are numbered.

And sensires, thanks for sharing your experience with us. It is a strong reminder for all of us to not let those who do injustice go scot-free.

Quote Originally Posted by Cash
    And it makes you feel better by telling us?
    And of course, in case you didn't see this... you're asking, because?
    --
    "High Wired, Dream Sired"

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfgang
    And of course, in case you didn't see this... you're asking, because?
    And you're asking because?

Now, Cash, it does seem like you have been going all over the place and creating a little fuss wherever you seem to be...

Question.

Hand on your heart. Is it done deliberately?

I'm pretty sure you can tell, that alot of your comments are quite incendiary. You want to be forth right. Fine. You want to be blunt? Or unpleasant?

So far, you've reminded alot of us to remain constructive, not to get personal and of course, you did mention not too long ago, you are here to learn.

It doesn't seem that way and as it stands, you should have realised that we've paid you a fair bit of courtesy. Abit more than necessary in fact. But of course, this is not a threat.

But do consider it a promise-Other moderators have been quite kind tolerant but personally, i am not one to suffer fools or stand for any kind of snide personal remarks-that i would actually take it upon myself to entretain you.

Having said that, i do hope you have enough common sense to understand that when grace is given, accept graciously. We've met before and i do not see any sense in either party antagonising each other.

Now, if you could, kindly learn to exercise a wee bit more tact. Humility isn't going to hurt you in anyway.

Thank you.
    --

Now, Cash, it does seem like you have been going all over the place and creating a little fuss wherever you seem to be...

Question.

Hand on your heart. Is it done deliberately?

I'm pretty sure you can tell, that alot of your comments are quite incendiary. You want to be forth right. Fine. You want to be blunt? Or unpleasant?

So far, you've reminded alot of us to remain constructive, not to get personal and of course, you did mention not too long ago, you are here to learn.

It doesn't seem that way and as it stands, you should have realised that we've paid you a fair bit of courtesy. Abit more than necessary in fact. But of course, this is not a threat.

But do consider it a promise-Other moderators have been quite kind tolerant but personally, i am not one to suffer fools or stand for any kind of snide personal remarks-that i would actually take it upon myself to entretain you.

Having said that, i do hope you have enough common sense to understand that when grace is given, accept graciously. We've met before and i do not see any sense in either party antagonising each other.

Now, if you could, kindly learn to exercise a wee bit more tact. Humility isn't going to hurt you in anyway.

Thank you.
    We have met? Why don't you look around and tell the same to the people who have been attacking me because I DIDN'T LIKE SOME OF THE PICTURES HERE?

Humility? Grace?

We have met? Why don't you look around and tell the same to the people who have been attacking me because I DIDN'T LIKE SOME OF THE PICTURES HERE?

Humility? Grace?
    Can you then point to me one instance where I have DIRECTLY made a PERSONAL ATTACK BY NAME CALLING anyone here?

Can you then point to me one instance where I have DIRECTLY made a PERSONAL ATTACK BY NAME CALLING anyone here?
    I can point to you in more than 20 threads where people attack me directly by calling me a troll etc..including one moderator, who used that term with no reservation and without basis and was solely based on how I critiqued pictures.

I can point to you in more than 20 threads where people attack me directly by calling me a troll etc..including one moderator, who used that term with no reservation and without basis and was solely based on how I critiqued pictures.
    geez....you sound hurt.
    i think we should put a stop to all the name calling etc.
    each should take a step back....

really won't want to have to go thru all the nasty exchanges in every forum

sorry Cash, that your experience in clubsnap hasn't been good, although you did have a good start in the newbies corner.

hope things will be better soon for everyone.

afterall, we are here to share, not fight.

Quote Originally Posted by swimcraze
    geez....you sound hurt.
    i think we should put a stop to all the name calling etc.
    each should take a step back....

really won't want to have to go thru all the nasty exchanges in every forum

sorry Cash, that your experience in clubsnap hasn't been good, although you did have a good start in the newbies corner.

hope things will be better soon for everyone.

afterall, we are here to share, not fight.

Sure. I went for the pictures and people went for my throat. Even one of the moderators did that. Now 2.

best wishes.

And here we have you, remind others not to let ego get in their way.

Why? Do you feel hurt in anyway? That someone called you a troll?

Come off it. You know how it looks like from how the way you phrased your posts. It's blatant and obvious, and you have even admitted to it. But of course, it's your right to be so caustic, yes?

There is not point repeating your mantra of "i didn't get personal. I merely speak the truth" over and over again. We've all heard you quite well.

Like i said, there isn't any need to be antagonistic about this whole issue. All i am asking, is for you to be more tactful. Bear in mind, i am not asking you to shut up, or otherwise. Trust me, it will serve you very very well when you start working.

Food for thought;

Just because you have a brain like a hammer doens't mean you have to treat everyone else like a nail.
    --

And here we have you, remind others not to let ego get in their way.

Why? Do you feel hurt in anyway? That someone called you a troll?

Come off it. You know how it looks like from how the way you phrased your posts. It's blatant and obvious, and you have even admitted to it. But of course, it's your right to be so caustic, yes?

There is not point repeating your mantra of "i didn't get personal. I merely speak the truth" over and over again. We've all heard you quite well.

Like i said, there isn't any need to be antagonistic about this whole issue. All i am asking, is for you to be more tactful. Bear in mind, i am not asking you to shut up, or otherwise. Trust me, it will serve you very very well when you start working.

Food for thought;

Just because you have a brain like a hammer doens't mean you have to treat everyone else like a nail.
    I guess the same principles apply to you and everyone here then.

If you think calling someone a troll is ok then fine. BTW, I don't mind people calling me names. It's when moderators accuse me of being intolerable and yet applaud the abuse I get from others.

Which part didn't you get?

Sure. I went for the pictures and people went for my throat. Even one of the moderators did that. Now 2.

best wishes.
    You do seem quite keen in playing this up.

That "Cash" is the one being unfairly targeted and treated.

Well, be my guest then.

Since you want to be treated in a certain way, even when an olive branch have been extended to you, then so be it.
    --

If you think calling someone a troll is ok then fine. BTW, I don't mind people calling me names. It's when moderators accuse me of being intolerable and yet applaud the abuse I get from others.

Which part didn't you get?
    And not it's not tit for tat, but me being abused by being name called because I made unconstructive comments OVER PICTURES.

Listen, it's pictures critique vs personal attacks.

If you can't differentiate the inconsistency here, then jolly well have it your way.

Talking about robbering...

My first encounter was in my pri4 year. I was playing in my school with 2 friends at the field and I saw this boy who is from the same pri school studying pri3. I saw him walking toward us suspiciously and very quickly, he snatched my wallet and ran away. We chased him but couldn't catch up with him. Ofcos the next thing we do is to go to his class and ask his classmate for his address. That evening, my dad, the 2 friends and myself went to his house and inform the father. He denied ofcos but his dad gave him a nasty punch on his nose (he was only a pri3 boy) and the blood flow out from his nose like scene you seen in Rocky the movie.

We calmed the father and told him we just want to inform him cos robbering is a serious thing and he is only pri3. In the end I can't remember what happened but I did got my wallet back but ofcos the cash is gone.

Another case told by my female friend where she went to Holland with 2 other friends and in the subway, 3 tall black guys walk towards her all stare at her and openly put his hand into her handbag, took the wallet, take all her cash and then put back the wallet back into her handbag. All the 3 girls were shock and eye open looking at what they have done without uttering anything. The rest of passengers just assume nothing happen too.

Another interesting story from a friend which also happen in Holland but this time in red light district afternoon. He and another friend walk pass a pub and a very friendly bouncher approached them and half pull them into the pub for a drink. When they were inside, they sensed something is not right, nobody was there. 2 other bounchers stand beside them and stare at them while a fat ugly "hostress" seated with them and ask for order. They know if they walk out, something bad might happen so they ordered a coke each thinking it should be the cheaper drink there. After drinking the coke almost immediately, they quickly ask for the bill. Guess what? each coke cost about roughly USD100 and they were told to pay another USD100 (est.) to that fat ugly "hostress".

These are really daylight robbery.

You do seem quite keen in playing this up.

That "Cash" is the one being unfairly targeted and treated.

Well, be my guest then.

Since you want to be treated in a certain way, even when an olive branch have been extended to you, then so be it.

Thanks for skipping my above queries conveniently.

And one liners like these are supposed to say what?

Here, we have a situation, which we're trying to amicably solve and bring to a conclusion but on the other hand, we have you going on and on and on about you being called a "troll".

Did it really hurt that much?

Last call mate, give it up. Drop the whole thing. Start over. As mentioned before, i am not telling you to shut up. I'm asking you to be more tactful.

Or is that too much to ask?
    --

And one liners like these are supposed to say what?

Here, we have a situation, which we're trying to amicably solve and bring to a conclusion but on the other hand, we have you going on and on and on about you being called a "troll".

Did it really hurt that much?

Last call mate, give it up. Drop the whole thing. Start over. As mentioned before, i am not telling you to shut up. I'm asking you to be more tactful.

Or is that too much to ask?
    I didn't start this conversation. YOU DID. Call me anything you want. Just don't have double standards while being a moderator.

tact? look around me.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast