Thread: Canon Servicing

Default Canon Servicing

Good Day!

I am currently in Melbourne doing my studies. I have with me my Canon 400D. I am planning to send my camera for servicing/maintenance when I return in Dec. Got a few questions.

1. Do I just bring my camera to Canon Service Centre and say that I want to service my camera? Or do I need an appointment or genuine reason for doing so?

2. Roughly how much is the servicing?

3. Roughly how long will it take?

Will appreciate all answers! Thanks!

Default Re: Canon Servicing

Quote Originally Posted by kaxdd View Post
    Good Day!

I am currently in Melbourne doing my studies. I have with me my Canon 400D. I am planning to send my camera for servicing/maintenance when I return in Dec. Got a few questions.

1. Do I just bring my camera to Canon Service Centre and say that I want to service my camera? Or do I need an appointment or genuine reason for doing so?

2. Roughly how much is the servicing?

3. Roughly how long will it take?

Will appreciate all answers! Thanks!
    What is the reason why you wish to send it for servicing/maintainence? Any issue with your camera??

no need appointment, just go within their operating hours. 930am-7pm

you may get serviced faster when you avoid the "peak" lunch and after office hours timings during weekdays.

how much, see here http://www.canon.com.sg/section/cust...charges-dc.jsp

how long will it take, depends on the number of cameras being serviced, and also if you are willing to pay extra $40 for same day service or $25 for service within 3 biz days.
    A7R3|V12|V15|FE28|MS17|MS35|MS50|50lux|50C|50Artis an|FD85L|FE85|90 cron|
    Σ24|35L|Σ50|135L|70-200G2

Quote Originally Posted by soons View Post
    What is the reason why you wish to send it for servicing/maintainence? Any issue with your camera??
    I realized that there is a lag between the moment I pressed the button and the shutter release. Also hope to see if Canon can do a maintenance for my camera since I bought it 2nd-hand and it has been 1.5 years already.

Quote Originally Posted by ricleo View Post
    no need appointment, just go within their operating hours. 930am-7pm

you may get serviced faster when you avoid the "peak" lunch and after office hours timings during weekdays.

how much, see here http://www.canon.com.sg/section/cust...charges-dc.jsp

how long will it take, depends on the number of cameras being serviced, and also if you are willing to pay extra $40 for same day service or $25 for service within 3 biz days.
    Thanks ricleo for the website! I will have plenty of time when I return in Dec, so I guess I will avoid the peak hours.

Quote Originally Posted by kaxdd View Post
    I realized that there is a lag between the moment I pressed the button and the shutter release. Also hope to see if Canon can do a maintenance for my camera since I bought it 2nd-hand and it has been 1.5 years already.
    How big is the lag?

Maybe the shutter needs some cleaning/de-dusting or something.
    Alpha