Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Canon eos 500d

  1. #1

    Default Canon eos 500d

    Hi, i'm new into DSLR, had tried to research and think this model suit me well...now trying to source for it..

    look thru the forum, some ppl recommend to buy online to get cheaper price,which i found this

    http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...i_Digital.html

    Please give comments, i shd buy from online, or i shd get from a local distributor, for warranty or wat ever....:P

    thanks

  2. #2
    Senior Member Galdor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Planet Gaia
    Posts
    9,544

    Default Re: Canon eos 500d

    Online is usually charged in USD so it may not be much cheaper if you factor in the shipping charges and the warranty issue. Best to get from the local shops. You can do a serach to see which are the recommended shops.
    Minolta. Konica Minolta. Sony

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    38

    Default Re: Canon eos 500d

    haha i just got my 500D not long ago! anyway, goodluck to you!

  4. #4

    Default Re: Canon eos 500d

    where you got ur 500d? what is the price and item come wif it?

  5. #5

    Default Re: Canon eos 500d

    Quote Originally Posted by claudechew View Post
    where you got ur 500d? what is the price and item come wif it?
    Just buy local and register online, free 50mm F1.8! TIll Nov 22 only.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Canon eos 500d

    Quote Originally Posted by claudechew View Post
    where you got ur 500d? what is the price and item come wif it?
    Look at the priceguide section here.
    Alpha

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    38

    Default Re: Canon eos 500d

    Quote Originally Posted by soons View Post
    Just buy local and register online, free 50mm F1.8! TIll Nov 22 only.
    you mean I can get a free 50mm F1.8 after i register online?

    Anyway TS, I bought it from courts @ 1399+129 for their warranty by courts.

  8. #8
    Senior Member limwhow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Life revolves arOnd East Coast
    Posts
    7,049

    Default Re: Canon eos 500d

    Hello, claudechew. Like what Galdor and soons have mentioned, I would also suggest buying from a local shop. Take Rashkae's suggestion and check the price guide first, then make your way down to the many shops in Peninsula Plaza and Peninsula Shopping Centre, Sim Lim Square etc. etc..
    The fact that you can speak face to face with a shop staff makes it easier for you to ask more advice and decide.
    My humble opinion.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Canon eos 500d

    Quote Originally Posted by limwhow View Post
    then make your way down to the many shops in Peninsula Plaza and Peninsula Shopping Centre, Sim Lim Square etc. etc..
    That is exactly what he should not do... The only shops that are "ok" there are Cathay in Peninsula Plaza and Orient Photo on the 6th floor of Sim Lim. all other shops will see an easy con when he walks in.

    I suggest sticking to the normal recommended shops of cathay, ms color, john 3:16 (funan) and OP in sim lim
    Alpha

  10. #10
    Senior Member limwhow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Life revolves arOnd East Coast
    Posts
    7,049

    Default Re: Canon eos 500d

    Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    That is exactly what he should not do... The only shops that are "ok" there are Cathay in Peninsula Plaza and Orient Photo on the 6th floor of Sim Lim. all other shops will see an easy con when he walks in.

    I suggest sticking to the normal recommended shops of cathay, ms color, john 3:16 (funan) and OP in sim lim
    Haha.. Ok lah Ok lah.
    I see your point lah.
    Life is full of unscrupulous people out there just waited to pounce on unsuspecting newbies...
    Can lah. Cathay Photo, Orient Photo are also those shops that I would recommend.

  11. #11

    Default Re: Canon eos 500d

    Quote Originally Posted by limwhow View Post
    Haha.. Ok lah Ok lah.
    I see your point lah.
    Life is full of unscrupulous people out there just waited to pounce on unsuspecting newbies...
    Can lah. Cathay Photo, Orient Photo are also those shops that I would recommend.
    Exactly. Don't want him to post here in 2 days that he bought a vitacon lens for 150 SGD because a CS member recommended Sim Lim...

    Must protect them mah.
    Alpha

  12. #12

    Default Re: Canon eos 500d

    Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    Exactly. Don't want him to post here in 2 days that he bought a vitacon lens for 150 SGD because a CS member recommended Sim Lim...

    Must protect them mah.
    u guys so nice! thanks for all the helps ya!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •