Thread: Digital Camera

Default Digital Camera

I was new in digital photography. How to chose a DSLR? Want spec to look for?

Is it the higher the resolution is better or which type of CCD is better?

Pls help

Regds
    Sky

Depending on your budget, try to look at the overall system. For example, Canon's 300D may have a slightly better sensor than Nikon D100 and possibly D70 but overall, D70's features are higher spec than the 300D.

And since your public profile lists you as a F65 user, how much have you invested in Nikon lenses and external flashes?

look at:
    a) price
    b) which system you prefer: canon, nikon, oly etc
    c) look at 3rd party offerings. eg: if you want to do digiscoping but no convertors etc., third party lens etc
    d) cons: see which system's cons you can live with

Quote Originally Posted by skyboy
    I was new in digital photography. How to chose a DSLR? Want spec to look for?

Is it the higher the resolution is better or which type of CCD is better?

Pls help

Regds
    Sky

U probably own a few Nikon lenses. So u might want to look at the crop factor of the cameras around to see if the your current lens can manage crop factor. Otherwise, u might have to invest in a lens with wider angle. If that were the case, i.e. u are left without a wide-angle option at all (28mm at least), then u would essentially be buying into an entire system (almost minus flash if u buy Nikon again). And if that is the case, then any if the brands with DSLR would be really competitive.

But if your lens collection can be used for the DSLR body then it would make sense to stick to Nikon and get either the D100 or the D70.