Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Do you believe the end times thing?

Default Re: Do you believe the end times thing?

Quote Originally Posted by ITphobia View Post
    Arh, I just watched a documentary about this topic where it mention that alot of ancient calendars and proficients have their date stop at 2012.

Take a look, there's 6 parts..
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAtgPaggeTM
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Potter View Post
    Mayan's documentary and science!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxQsLLOYC7Q&NR=1

Look convincing enough!
    Thanks to all the links.

Well I doubt the world will end in the same way as predicted in the stupid but visually stunning movie. Still, with the way things are going, I think there's not many generations left in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by sammy888 View Post
    Saw the movie "The day after tomorrow"? Scientist has proven that that kind of instant flash flooding or freezing are things of friction writing. They do that in the blood movies for hollywood effect. I think if we want to talk about such happening we still have to separate what is believable and what's not. heh. It will happen more gradually but happen it will no matter what human do to prevent it or cause it.

If mother earth decided to end human's reign on earth, there is nothing anyone can do about it. Try asking the dinosaurs what happen and there was no industrialization by them to cause global warming time and again. Just a bad solar flare, a space asteroid or as simple as the flipping over of magnetic poles ( yes it has happened a few times ) When it happens.. it will happen. No science you can use at this time to escape that...no tunnel you can dig deep enough either. Kinda sux right? Well... you are only human to want to struggle to live as is biologically built into every creature on earth.

But hey..make the best of your time for now...you might still outlive that time in any case.....

By the way, there is only so high you can fly a helicopter too. Air will get so light that it is not possible to offer enough lift to get you high enough that is why you hear or read so may stories of people dying on moutain climbing expedition in like the Himalayas if it gets too high up. This like on the Everest, if you die there...you remain there. No helicopter will be up there to bring your body down. So each year a new team attempt to climb those high peaks, they see bodies littered about. Just a little trivia heheheh....
    man , that sounds bad , there is no way out for our little intelligent humans ? i am beginning to wonder is it really that the water level will rise eventually ? ( because it happened numerous times in movies ) anyway there is meteor rain to watch tmr midnight , find a grassland to enjoy that for the time being

2012 is the end of the Mayan long count calendar.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maya_calendar#Long_Count

Its like reaching December in our calendar. The Mayan calendar counts dates differently (think inches versus CM) and the end of the long count is 2012 in our calendar. So in our calendar, after December we get January and after 2009 we get 2010.After the current long count, you get the next long count.

Quote Originally Posted by shiruikage View Post
    like dat...singapore....oh oh...
    don't worry, i believe the sg government should be well-off enough to employ dutch land reclamation technology on this tiny dot of island, provided if the dutch can save themselves first...
    Last edited by Simon_84; 16th November 2009 at 02:58 PM.

Well...The World will END. Why not just enjoy the rest of the remaining time? If u have watch the 2012 show did u saw that they build a ship? Well the ship cant fit the whole earth people inside. So dont worry... everybody will die some days... (:
    My Passion, My Dedication, My Photography

Quote Originally Posted by legiz View Post
    man , that sounds bad , there is no way out for our little intelligent humans ? i am beginning to wonder is it really that the water level will rise eventually ? ( because it happened numerous times in movies ) anyway there is meteor rain to watch tmr midnight , find a grassland to enjoy that for the time being
    uhh...i somehow doubt that's the case here...with so many...'intelligent' people running the gahments.....
    おれのflickrださ

I had this reoccuring dream that the world would lose its gravity, got humans with special powers, mushrooms will walk the earth... since very young. Wrote bout it @ school, my teacher shrugged me off, didn't know what I was rambling about. I also wrote bout terrorism bfore it became such a common thingy, my teacher thought it was not for a teeny kiddy to grasp and that I was overacting. That was 20++ years ago... beware moogles!

Quote Originally Posted by legiz View Post

The so called biblical flood?... never happened heh. There is no geological or scientific markers ever discovered or seen that the world was ever flooded till there we no land in sight. Plus if you do your science you know that when water turn to ice, the mass increases not decreases. Want to test that theory out...do it at home with your ice box by freezing water.

We are intelligent but we sure don't try to use it to unite the world. We can't even live together with various races and indifference all these centuries..how will we ever unite to solve a global problem? heheh.. Man made or natural. But....well..when it is time to go.. it's time to go. So make the best of what time you have left...problem is with us human, we will be back to our old ways just days or weeks from now...Back to taking things for granted again. The world will not end on 2010 or 2012. It may end tomorrow. heheh.....

Nobody here link the info to Bill Gates' doomsday seeds vault on an island he bought and built at Norway...somehow there seems didn't state what's his reason for spending so much money in doing so and why. Or is he nuts.

According to a copy of Natonal Geographic magazine I'd read dated around the 70s, the whole issue was dedicated to the subject of earth movement. There was diagram indicating that in certain years, the peninsula of Malaysia together with Singapore will break away and move south towards Australia. When..was not accounted.

However, if anyone would look at the map of Singapore and Malaysia, it is easy to notice that many part of the island or part of it are actually breakaway part, like those lose tooth detached from the gum.

So, I figure, it might happen, but it is not end of the world or that planet Earth will split up.
    Just some major Earth movement taking place.

I think i would be honoured to be able to witness this major event during my lifetime, certainly better than doing the count down to 2010.
    Last edited by cabbySHE; 17th November 2009 at 02:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Potter View Post
    2012 movie! Do you actually believe the end time thing? I dun believe...but there is always a "what if it is real?"
    i spend less time thinking about the end and thinking about what i can do, and that isn't necessarily because it's going to end.

anyways, if it ends, who knows, it might end because some xmm stripped and a 20,000 photographer mass photoshoot resulted in a massive nosebleed that flooded the earth in blood.

you never know, right? :P

Quote Originally Posted by cabbySHE View Post
    Nobody here link the info to Bill Gates' doomsday seeds vault on an island he bought and built at Norway...somehow there seems didn't state what's his reason for spending so much money in doing so and why. Or is he nuts.
    he just has too much money

CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

Quote Originally Posted by dennisc View Post
    I had this reoccuring dream that the world would lose its gravity, got humans with special powers, mushrooms will walk the earth... since very young. Wrote bout it @ school, my teacher shrugged me off, didn't know what I was rambling about. I also wrote bout terrorism bfore it became such a common thingy, my teacher thought it was not for a teeny kiddy to grasp and that I was overacting. That was 20++ years ago... beware moogles!
    i once drew about the scourge of drug use, and the imagery is designed to provoke puking sensation. i was punished for it...point is...they have no vision.
    i believe that's the seed bank designed to hold the world's variety of seeds for commercial agricultural as an insurance against massive diseases.
    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    he just has too much money
    yes he does...i wonder how he would approach the 'what camera should i buy' question...
    おれのflickrださ

so anyone paid 1 billion USD for a place on the Arks yet? or are you guys planning a daring covert boarding of the Arks?
    must also book an open-date budget airline ticket to china hor.....
    Nikanon D3FXMarkIIIDS-1H with 5000mm f/128 & 0.500mm Macro f/0.4 & 0.70-2000mm f/256

[QUOTE=shiruikage;5612386]

i believe that's the seed bank designed to hold the world's variety of seeds for commercial agricultural as an insurance against massive diseases.

He is expecting it will happen on a global scale...perhaps more than just disease..disaster maybe ?

But where did he gather all the info from ? Surely, as the richest man in the world, there should be some deep thought going on before the project get approved and carried out.

[QUOTE=cabbySHE;5613754]
    Quote Originally Posted by shiruikage View Post

He is expecting it will happen on a global scale...perhaps more than just disease..disaster maybe ?

But where did he gather all the info from ? Surely, as the richest man in the world, there should be some deep thought going on before the project get approved and carried out.
    what i'm talking about is this. the Svalbard Global Seed Vault. well...what i know is what i read here... it is an elegant concept... this one is for seed samples...maybe they will build one for dna samples (for future cloning initiatives...what, u don think cloning will take ff? hahah), and another one for all known knowledge...eheheheh, a Repository of Knowledge... maybe one day can download it into my brain...hehheheh!
    おれのflickrださ

I'll believe whatever Hollywood wants me to believe

[QUOTE=shiruikage;5614559]

what i'm talking about is this. the Svalbard Global Seed Vault. well...what i know is what i read here... it is an elegant concept... this one is for seed samples...maybe they will build one for dna samples (for future cloning initiatives...what, u don think cloning will take ff? hahah), and another one for all known knowledge...eheheheh, a Repository of Knowledge... maybe one day can download it into my brain...hehheheh!
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon_84 View Post
    That's the seed vault, it is also being named doomsday seeds vault.
    For my doubt is... why choose there (location ), why being built deep in (tunnelling ), why all the airlocks and tight security ? Those seeds are for who to plant, when to ? Practically, the seed vault should be use like our bomb shelter...as a store room.

As for the Nat Geographic thing of explaination, its too complicated for me to understand. All I knew was, the NASA and whatever hi-tech info that they have got, the ISS inclusive, they were unsuccessful in predicting/ preventing the Katrina from hitting their own New Orleans.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast