Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Do you believe the end times thing?

Default Re: Do you believe the end times thing?

Netrosdamus (spelling?) is supposed to be very accurate, no?

maybe i will organise the end of the world last winning shot photo competition. see who gets the best tsunami shot.

Mayan's documentary and science!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxQsLLOYC7Q&NR=1

Look convincing enough!

Science Ninja Team Gatchaman will stop the world from getting destroyed!
    HX300/ EPL6/ EOS60D/ 17-55mmF2.8IS/ 100mmF2.8Macro/ 135mmF2L/ 70-200mmF4LIS/ 300mmF4LIS

Quote Originally Posted by HydroPoP View Post
    Science Ninja Team Gatchaman will stop the world from getting destroyed!
    ? ? ?

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Potter View Post
    Mayan's documentary and science!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxQsLLOYC7Q&NR=1

Look convincing enough!
    i only watch 1/2 of the 1st clip. Here are my impressions.

"This phenomenon is called pole shift, in which the entire mantle of the Earth will shift in a matter of days, perhaps hours........"

Pole shift is not the physical movement of the geological poles, but the shifting of the magnetic poles. It is not true that there will be large scale mantle movements accompanying a magnetic pole shift. Hence the prediction of disasters based on mantle movement is wrong.

"The north pole rested in the middle of the pacific 800 million years ago, placing Alaska at the equator."

800 million years ago, there was no Alaska, or the continents as we know it today. There was only at most a supercontinent called Pangea.

"...and a new study by Princeton reveals the poles have shifted before."

The Princeton group suggested that the Earth did tilt its entire axis of rotation, but it was not because of planetary alignments, but because of imbalance in the Earth's spread of mass.

The Princeton group's estimated value for the shift is "several meters per year, about 10 to 100 times as fast as the continents drift", hardly near the speeds required to finish the shift in "a matter of days, perhaps hours" stated in the clip.

I believe that whenever there is a beginning, there will be an end. When end arrives, it will trigger another new beginning, and the cycle goes on and on and on and this cycle never end.

geez... I am contradicting myself!
    Simplicity, it is just an encapsulation of complexity.

is possible that the pole shift will bring strange weather patterns...

Quote Originally Posted by Simon_84 View Post
    is possible that the pole shift will bring strange weather patterns...
    oni in so far as the spread of the sun's radiation through the upper atmosphere due to leakage in the magnetic pole. in other words, the aurora will happen at anothr place other than the north or south pole...i think.
    おれのflickrださ

Quote Originally Posted by sammy888 View Post
    So long as a tidal came and wash all the people away before leave the island still standing then I am fine with that.
    No wonder the plastic swimming floaties have all been sold out in pasar malam.

I try to store one under my bed just in case of such event.

doesn't matter is the master hand that counts...
    This is a Master Hand:

the movie is outright pathetic

Quote Originally Posted by jctan77 View Post
    I believe that whenever there is a beginning, there will be an end. When end arrives, it will trigger another new beginning, and the cycle goes on and on and on and this cycle never end.

geez... I am contradicting myself!
    you mean like Windows? Hanged liao, reboot? and the cycle continues?

2012? Doomsday?
    Maybe this is the reason why they are looking for water on the moon.

Quote Originally Posted by iNotion View Post
    2012? Doomsday?
    Maybe this is the reason why they are looking for water on the moon.
    nay...they looking for water on the moon for future (donno how far into the future) manned explorations to mars...and beyond. taking water off earth into space is much more expensive than gold in weight...so...here's to making space travel cheaper...and yeah, get ppl off earth to spread the seed around...should earth buys it...asteroid!!!!!
    おれのflickrださ

Quote Originally Posted by shiruikage View Post
    oni in so far as the spread of the sun's radiation through the upper atmosphere due to leakage in the magnetic pole. in other words, the aurora will happen at anothr place other than the north or south pole...i think.
    the ozone layer thinning at the south pole is also a cause for concern...not every country will be able to cope with rising sea levels.
    low lying third world countries will be hit the hardest.
    Last edited by Simon_84; 16th November 2009 at 09:40 AM.

the ozone layer thinning at the south pole is also a cause for concern...not every country will be able to cope with rising sea levels.
    low lying third world countries will be hit the hardest.
    like dat...singapore....oh oh...
    おれのflickrださ

dooms day will probably happen. Not in my lifetime though.

haha 2012 is a very nice movie , at least let us have a glimpse of what the end of the world looks like , so guys better learn how to fly a plane to tibet plateau and land at Mt . himalayas before is too late XD

Quote Originally Posted by legiz View Post
    haha 2012 is a very nice movie , at least let us have a glimpse of what the end of the world looks like , so guys better learn how to fly a plane to tibet plateau and land at Mt . Himalayas before is too late XD

Saw the movie "The day after tomorrow"? Scientist has proven that that kind of instant flash flooding or freezing are things of friction writing. They do that in the blood movies for hollywood effect. I think if we want to talk about such happening we still have to separate what is believable and what's not. heh. It will happen more gradually but happen it will no matter what human do to prevent it or cause it.

If mother earth decided to end human's reign on earth, there is nothing anyone can do about it. Try asking the dinosaurs what happen and there was no industrialization by them to cause global warming time and again. Just a bad solar flare, a space asteroid or as simple as the flipping over of magnetic poles ( yes it has happened a few times ) When it happens.. it will happen. No science you can use at this time to escape that...no tunnel you can dig deep enough either. Kinda sux right? Well... you are only human to want to struggle to live as is biologically built into every creature on earth.

But hey..make the best of your time for now...you might still outlive that time in any case.....

By the way, there is only so high you can fly a helicopter too. Air will get so light that it is not possible to offer enough lift to get you high enough that is why you hear or read so may stories of people dying on moutain climbing expedition in like the Himalayas if it gets too high up. This like on the Everest, if you die there...you remain there. No helicopter will be up there to bring your body down. So each year a new team attempt to climb those high peaks, they see bodies littered about. Just a little trivia heheheh....

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast