Thread: Dread.

Default Dread.

1.In what area is critique to be sought?
    Composition, PP.

2.What one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
    to give a sense of "danger/dread"

3.Under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
    I thought the grafitti of the kid adds well to the emotion of dread in addition to the Danger sign. PP'ed so that the overall exposure was toned down a little.

4. What the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture
    well, i felt that i might be a little to tightly cropped...not leading towards any particular direction.

Default Re: Dread.

interesting idea...
    is the vignetting on purpose?

the small graffiti on the right of the 'kid' is just a slight distraction. maybe u can try taking from the right. or go closer so that the 'kid' will stand out more.

the vignette looks a little forced in this shot, maybe vary it a little on the corners

Not too sure about the intended emotion of dread. Feels more irony to me. Danger vs a innocent looking child.

Composititon wise, TS you are quite right, taking this pic from an angle does not lead towards any particular interest. Maybe a straight on shot would be better?

thanks for the constructive comments guys.

I think that it would be better if the sign is more straight facing rather than slanted. It then becomes more 'in your face'. But I like the post-processing