Thread: Part Time Car Dealer in Singapore - What Qualifications DO I need?

Default Part Time Car Dealer in Singapore - What Qualifications DO I need?

Hi all,

With regards to Part Time Car Dealers, what qualifications do I need to be one?

Will be glad if someone can guide me with this profession over a cup of coffee - My treat...

Cheers,
    Jack

Default Re: Part Time Car Dealer in Singapore - What Qualifications DO I need?

u mean those used car dealers? o levels is sufficient. u just need to be able to fill up forms and remember t&c. of cos u need to be familiar with the industry, how the coe works and cars, etc etc

I know you need a form for selling used cameras from the CID (there is a short interview to I understand), perhaps its the same for selling/buying used cars.......

This is to educate people that they have to write down particulars from sellers just in case if items are stolen......

HS

Quote Originally Posted by hongsien View Post
    I know you need a form for selling used cameras from the CID (there is a short interview to I understand), perhaps its the same for selling/buying used cars.......

This is to educate people that they have to write down particulars from sellers just in case if items are stolen......

HS
    it shld be a similar or the same license that pawnshop uses. in case of people using the shop to fence.

but cars no because it is easily traceable to know who is the registered owner.

My question now is if I want to be one, what should I do now?

I have a Class 3 license still on P plate.

Any members here is car dealer too?

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by hanqiang1011 View Post
    My question now is if I want to be one, what should I do now?

I have a Class 3 license still on P plate.

Any members here is car dealer too?

Cheers
    look at the papers. i think they are constantly looking for people. not sure abt part timers though. the turnover rate can be pretty high.

Quote Originally Posted by flipfreak View Post
    look at the papers. i think they are constantly looking for people. not sure abt part timers though. the turnover rate can be pretty high.
    Cool thanks, I check it out...

Hi all,

With regards to Part Time Car Dealers, what qualifications do I need to be one?

Will be glad if someone can guide me with this profession over a cup of coffee - My treat...

Cheers,
    Jack
    Thick Skin.

Quote Originally Posted by agws1970 View Post
    Thick Skin.
    HUH???

Quote Originally Posted by agws1970 View Post
    Thick Skin.
    HUH???

He means you need thick skin to sell cars......

CS may be the wrong forum to learn how car salesman survive. You may have better luck in car forums.

One thing about being car sales person is to learn to excel in sales quota. My friend is making ovr 250k per year as a salesman in an agent. nothing is impossible. But he is very quick witted, talk fast, act fast and on the phone most of the time even until 9pm. Money is good once you catch the drift and the inroads in the making. But you can also turn out to be a rotting car sales person who cant even survive on your petty allowance with next to zero sales achievement per month.

It's like insurance. you work very hard especially at the begining. When you get the flow, you have to work even harder and smarter.

Slackers can forget about joining this trade. It is not for the weak minded.

there was once i wanted to buy a car with cash. the sales man kept telling me how wonderful the rolls royce engine was as he used to sell engines for ships. i ticked him off as i told him i was not buying a boat. i hope he survive the trade somehow. stupid & stuck up sales people wont walk very far.