Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 26

Thread: Ultimate APS-C Camera????

  1. #1

    Default Ultimate APS-C Camera????

    Which is the ultimate aps-c camera in the market?? Nikon D300s or Canon 7D??

  2. #2

    Default Re: Ultimate APS-C Camera????

    pentax k7 or k-x

  3. #3

    Default Re: Ultimate APS-C Camera????

    Leica X1

  4. #4
    Member Rendell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    569

    Default Re: Ultimate APS-C Camera????

    Quote Originally Posted by baolong View Post
    Which is the ultimate aps-c camera in the market?? Nikon D300s or Canon 7D??
    Maybe you should ask, which of the two is the better aps-c camera?

  5. #5
    Senior Member egnaro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Boon Lay, Singapore
    Posts
    2,989

    Default Re: Ultimate APS-C Camera????

    Quote Originally Posted by chalib View Post
    Leica X1
    may I know y is Leica x1 so good? Becuz it is leica so everthing is more superior then others?X1 is more superior then apsc dslr? Even better then 7d or d300s?

    Sorry I really dun Noe, I Just wan to know more in case ppl ask me.
    Life is like Photography, to improve, you have to keep shooting!

  6. #6
    Member Rendell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    569

    Default Re: Ultimate APS-C Camera????

    Quote Originally Posted by egnaro View Post
    may I know y is Leica x1 so good? Becuz it is leica so everthing is more superior then others?X1 is more superior then apsc dslr? Even better then 7d or d300s?

    Sorry I really dun Noe, I Just wan to know more in case ppl ask me.
    Got this from another forum:

    1. They're small, unobtrusive, quiet and fast. No mirror slap. Nothing focuses faster than a Leica RF in low light (other than, perhaps, another RF of the same sort).

    2. They keep their value. I've heard more than once that someone sold their Leica for more than they paid for it, after using it for 20 or more years.

    3. They're tough. Tougher even than a Nikon F. They can tolerate dust, getting banged around, wet weather to a degree, and the cold. Archeologists and such love them for this reason. And they're easy to repair, being mechanical, you just need a machine shop to make the parts. (They'll probably be the only cameras in use after the worlds' societies get destroyed in the next World War...)

    4. There is far less delay between when you press the shutter release and when the shutter goes off than on SLRs. Someone I know shoots model rocket launches. He's far more successful in capturing the liftoff than SLR users. (Actually, he uses a Canon RF.. ^_^;

    5. They're plain smooth, mechanically (the closest I've come to experiencing this is my FED 2).

    6. Fantastically sharp lenses.

    7. The lack of a mirror means you can design lenses that sit just a couple cm off the focal plane.

    They do have drawbacks, of course, long lenses is the major one. It takes all sorts of gimmickry to get them to work with long lenses.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Ultimate APS-C Camera????

    The best aps-c camera or best camera whatever is the one you can afford and use it to your best advantage in capturing good pictures you like, nothing to do with what others has to comment.
    Last edited by Ouverture; 9th November 2009 at 09:17 AM.

  8. #8

    Default Re: Ultimate APS-C Camera????

    Quote Originally Posted by egnaro View Post
    may I know y is Leica x1 so good? Becuz it is leica so everthing is more superior then others?X1 is more superior then apsc dslr? Even better then 7d or d300s?

    Sorry I really dun Noe, I Just wan to know more in case ppl ask me.
    because this red thing just makes people grow tents in their pants.



    never mind that it is a fixed lens camera.. and somewhat limiting. that red thing will solve everything and ease the pain when you look at it.
    Last edited by night86mare; 9th November 2009 at 09:19 AM.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Ultimate APS-C Camera????

    Quote Originally Posted by Ouverture View Post
    The best aps-c camera or best camera whatever is the one you can afford and use it to your best advantage in capturing good pictures you like, nothing to do with what others has to comment.
    the best aps-c camera is the one that you work the best with, according to your limitations, i.e. budget.

    for many people, it often stops at nikon and canon. which is quite sad, since that's 2 choices, when there are so many more out there.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,304

    Default Re: Ultimate APS-C Camera????

    Quote Originally Posted by Rendell View Post
    Got this from another forum:

    1. They're small, unobtrusive, quiet and fast. No mirror slap. Nothing focuses faster than a Leica RF in low light (other than, perhaps, another RF of the same sort).

    2. They keep their value. I've heard more than once that someone sold their Leica for more than they paid for it, after using it for 20 or more years.

    3. They're tough. Tougher even than a Nikon F. They can tolerate dust, getting banged around, wet weather to a degree, and the cold. Archeologists and such love them for this reason. And they're easy to repair, being mechanical, you just need a machine shop to make the parts. (They'll probably be the only cameras in use after the worlds' societies get destroyed in the next World War...)

    4. There is far less delay between when you press the shutter release and when the shutter goes off than on SLRs. Someone I know shoots model rocket launches. He's far more successful in capturing the liftoff than SLR users. (Actually, he uses a Canon RF.. ^_^;

    5. They're plain smooth, mechanically (the closest I've come to experiencing this is my FED 2).

    6. Fantastically sharp lenses.

    7. The lack of a mirror means you can design lenses that sit just a couple cm off the focal plane.

    They do have drawbacks, of course, long lenses is the major one. It takes all sorts of gimmickry to get them to work with long lenses.
    Those strengths apply more for their mechanical RFs which may not be the case for X1.
    RICOH GRD I / II / III / IV / GR / GXR

  11. #11

    Default Re: Ultimate APS-C Camera????

    Quote Originally Posted by baolong View Post
    Which is the ultimate aps-c camera in the market?? Nikon D300s or Canon 7D??
    Ha Ha Ha

    OK here is a “2 cents” clue for you :

    Canon system --> EOS 7D
    - has the most “auto focus” lenses collection
    - has the best LCD (highest resolution and very bright) at this moment
    - has the best video recording capability at this moment
    - their L lenses is slightly cheaper than Nikon or Sony, and very very good

    Nikon system --> D300S
    - has the most autofocus point  51 points (I always use 1 point only, whatever the brand)
    - has lot of buttons in camera body for quick access
    - provide free hood and pouch in their lens selling package
    - has the best flash

    Sony system  Alpha 700
    - get support from famous lenses manufacture : Carl Zeiss and Konica Minolta
    - their Alpha Club is very friendly, I have many Alpha friends

    To find the best system for you, you must find by yourself …
    NIKON D90 (2008-2010), D700 (2010-2012), D800 (2012-2014), DF (Dec 2013-Sep 2017)

  12. #12

    Default Re: Ultimate APS-C Camera????

    It's really for you to decide lah... I'd be happy to receive either for Christmas...

  13. #13

    Default Re: Ultimate APS-C Camera????

    Quote Originally Posted by baolong View Post
    Which is the ultimate aps-c camera in the market?? Nikon D300s or Canon 7D??
    Best camera?

    I believe would be this one but sadly out of the price range of most people on this planet.
    You wont see me much less remember me but i am the guy who makes you look good.

  14. #14

    Default Re: Ultimate APS-C Camera????

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    because this red thing just makes people grow tents in their pants.



    never mind that it is a fixed lens camera.. and somewhat limiting. that red thing will solve everything and ease the pain when you look at it.

    And no more dust on sensor issue

  15. #15

    Default Re: Ultimate APS-C Camera????

    Quote Originally Posted by chalib View Post
    And no more dust on sensor issue
    wait people tell you , they got telephoto attachment, wide angle attachment, fisheye attachment.

    bao ka liao, so better than dslr.

  16. #16
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Ultimate APS-C Camera????

    Quote Originally Posted by jeff7id View Post
    Ha Ha Ha

    OK here is a “2 cents” clue for you :

    Canon system --> EOS 7D
    - has the most “auto focus” lenses collection
    - has the best LCD (highest resolution and very bright) at this moment
    - has the best video recording capability at this moment
    - their L lenses is slightly cheaper than Nikon or Sony, and very very good

    Nikon system --> D300S
    - has the most autofocus point  51 points (I always use 1 point only, whatever the brand)
    - has lot of buttons in camera body for quick access
    - provide free hood and pouch in their lens selling package
    - has the best flash

    Sony system  Alpha 700
    - get support from famous lenses manufacture : Carl Zeiss and Konica Minolta
    - their Alpha Club is very friendly, I have many Alpha friends

    To find the best system for you, you must find by yourself …
    And don't forget, Canon 7D spot metering means center spot only. Nikon's spot metering follows the AF point selected. Canon only have this on their 1D series. Not sure about Sony or Pentax. Night86mare, care to mention how spot metering on Pentax works?

  17. #17
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Ultimate APS-C Camera????

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    wait people tell you , they got telephoto attachment, wide angle attachment, fisheye attachment.

    bao ka liao, so better than dslr.
    It's a cult la bro. Just like mac.

  18. #18

    Default Re: Ultimate APS-C Camera????

    Quote Originally Posted by Reportage View Post
    Best camera?

    I believe would be this one but sadly out of the price range of most people on this planet.
    didn't know that it is classify as APS-c camera.

  19. #19

    Default Re: Ultimate APS-C Camera????

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    And don't forget, Canon 7D spot metering means center spot only. Nikon's spot metering follows the AF point selected. Canon only have this on their 1D series. Not sure about Sony or Pentax. Night86mare, care to mention how spot metering on Pentax works?
    i never use! ho ho ho

  20. #20
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Ultimate APS-C Camera????

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    i never use! ho ho ho
    That's right! You don't shoot XMM...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •