Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Where to develop cheap 2r prints?

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Singapore - Tampines
    Posts
    28

    Default Where to develop cheap 2r prints?

    I know of one shop in Tampines which costs 80cents per piece and that's kinda expensive if develop in bulk.

    Someone also please enlighten me why is it that 2r costs more expensive than a bigger 4r?

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Bishan
    Posts
    133

    Default Re: Where to develop cheap 2r prints?

    The shop I went to, printed on 4R paper. But the image is in 2R. Then they use the cutter to trim off. Leaving some white border. The Aunty there said chemicals are used even on the white portion.

    $0.50/pcs (before 15% member discount). After discount, $0.425/pcs

    Many other shops I went to quote sky high prices. $2/pcs, $1/pcs etc.
    I just smile and said I come back later.
    Canon 1D mk3/ 16-35L II/ 35L / 135L / 85 f1.8/ 580EX II / Canon G11

  3. #3
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,901

    Default Re: Where to develop cheap 2r prints?

    low demand (not alot of people asking), extra work (cut the print for you), all cost money, so have to sell higher to earn enough profit.

    just use photoshop to fit two images into a 4R print, order the print from the lab but trim it yourself, but make sure you ask the lab do they charge extra for self composite images, they may charge a few dollars for a piece of 4R prints contains a few images in it.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  4. #4
    Deregistered shaoken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Clementi/West Coast
    Posts
    2,115

    Default Re: Where to develop cheap 2r prints?

    If I want to print 2R pics, for me, I'll use photoshop to merge two photos into 1 4R/5R paper and print it.
    This way, it's cheaper.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Serangoon North
    Posts
    2,225

    Default Re: Where to develop cheap 2r prints?

    Use those self service machines to upload your images to print. They wouldn't care less if you have 2 or 8 images in 1 single 4R. Make sure you select Lab print and not instant print for better quality.

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Singapore - Tampines
    Posts
    28

    Default Re: Where to develop cheap 2r prints?

    Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid View Post
    The shop I went to, printed on 4R paper. But the image is in 2R. Then they use the cutter to trim off. Leaving some white border. The Aunty there said chemicals are used even on the white portion.

    $0.50/pcs (before 15% member discount). After discount, $0.425/pcs

    Many other shops I went to quote sky high prices. $2/pcs, $1/pcs etc.
    I just smile and said I come back later.
    Mind sharing which shop you patronise? Thanks. (:

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Singapore - Tampines
    Posts
    28

    Default Re: Where to develop cheap 2r prints?

    Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    low demand (not alot of people asking), extra work (cut the print for you), all cost money, so have to sell higher to earn enough profit.

    just use photoshop to fit two images into a 4R print, order the print from the lab but trim it yourself, but make sure you ask the lab do they charge extra for self composite images, they may charge a few dollars for a piece of 4R prints contains a few images in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by shaoken View Post
    If I want to print 2R pics, for me, I'll use photoshop to merge two photos into 1 4R/5R paper and print it.
    This way, it's cheaper.
    Good idea, I didn't think of that. Will check with the labs soon. Thanks!

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Singapore - Tampines
    Posts
    28

    Default Re: Where to develop cheap 2r prints?

    Quote Originally Posted by m3lv1nh0 View Post
    Use those self service machines to upload your images to print. They wouldn't care less if you have 2 or 8 images in 1 single 4R. Make sure you select Lab print and not instant print for better quality.
    No wonder... I tried these machines before and the quality turned out very bad.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •