Thread: Blood Pressure Monitor

Default Blood Pressure Monitor

Hi guys, i'm looking into buying a portable blood pressure monitor for my Mom.

Any brands that i can look out for. I'm totally new to this. The only brand i know of is Omron.

Thank you very much

Default Re: Blood Pressure Monitor

Omron is good, as well as some other brands like Citizen.....usually they tend to show higher pressures than Hg meters. Best is to bring them to your doctor and compare them with they Hg meters they use.

HS

Omron are about the best of the cheap blood pressure meters, even the automatic machines used in hosptial wards aren't that accurate. I did a lot of research on BP machines and ended up with an Omron myself as they were the best of the cheapies (ie sub 1000 dollars). Needless to say the most accurate BP measurement system is an acoustic transducer with operator but those machines are the size of a small desk! Hg meters are next best and can be sourced quite cheaply along with a stethoscope and with a bit of training a very accurate blood pressure level can be taken. ( I have that too)...

Good luck.
    The Ang Moh from Hell
    Professional Photography - many are called, few are chosen!

I was told by my colleague that there was an offer for the OMRON HEM 7080 model at Watson's and Guardian recently.

Omron is what we use in hospitals and GP clinics so i assume they are pretty decent.

Quote Originally Posted by Canew View Post
    I was told by my colleague that there was an offer for the OMRON HEM 7080 model at Watson's and Guardian recently.
    Thanks for the information. My mom went to see as well. Pretty cheap for the lower end model. Around $50+, But i intend to get a slightly better one. Shall give it to her as a christmas gift. Thanks alot.

I would like to thank everyone for the great help. Thank you very much.