Thread: Mounting shots on albums

Deregistered

Default Mounting shots on albums

Hi folks,

Trying to mount my shots onto an album now, the album is acid free, looking for various ways to mount the shots without using the photocorners?

I've done a search on the forums and found the following, don't mind spoonfeeding me a bit more.

- SprayMount 3M
    - Elmer's Rubber Cement

Can I know if there are any other methods (acid-free is best) to mount shots? Also, where can I get the abovementioned?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by espn
    Hi folks,

Trying to mount my shots onto an album now, the album is acid free, looking for various ways to mount the shots without using the photocorners?

I've done a search on the forums and found the following, don't mind spoonfeeding me a bit more.

- SprayMount 3M
    - Elmer's Rubber Cement

Can I know if there are any other methods (acid-free is best) to mount shots? Also, where can I get the abovementioned?

Thanks.
    I saw SprayMount 3M selling at NTUC. Hope i didn't remember wrongly.

And i got my Elmer's Rubber Cement in DIY shop at Ikea.
    Great photography is about depth of feeling, not depth of field.
    Portfolio | Gallery

Deregistered

Thanks I'll go look around

double sided tape.... not as difficult to use as the spray glue.

Can try Art Friend at Bras Basah complex along north bridge road. There are afew types of 3M spray mount glue. Make sure you get the correct one,
    If I remember correctly, there is a temporary spray mount (don't get this as it will not stick for long), permanent spray mount & photo mount.

3M spray adhesive is good, sticky and all, but be very very careful not to let a single droplet land on the picture. It's hell to get rid of. I feel a good double sided tape is much better. Cleaner and safer. The can is black with 3M spray adhesive on it. The temporary on is white and it's called Artist Spray mount or something. You won't go wrong. Yep, definately Bras Basah Art Friend. I was a former design student. I used to get my stuff there. Mounting boards and all. The one stop shopping centre for all your artistic needs! Makes you wonder how much they pay me to say that huh...