Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Beware of Poor Quality Crumpler Million Dollar Home Bag

Default Re: Beware of Poor Quality Crumpler Million Dollar Home Bag

Thanks for the heads up man.I've been wanting to buy a 6mill home the black with green inners for some time. Unfortunately it is out of stock at the retail shops now. Plus i am hoping there would be a christmas sales of some sort.
    Nikon D7000 |Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G | NIKKOR 35mm f/1.8G|NIKKOR 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR|SB-25

Crumpler's prices here are quite controlled so wouldn't vary too much no matter which shop u go, even TK photo which is a bit cheaper than the boutiques.
    Canon EOS 5D, 24-70 f/4 L IS, 50 f/1.2 L, 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS, 600EX-RT. Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 EX.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoweagle View Post
    Crumpler's prices here are quite controlled so wouldn't vary too much no matter which shop u go, even TK photo which is a bit cheaper than the boutiques.
    Agreed. Just go TK Foto and get your crumpler. Bought nearly all my Crumplers from them

Quote Originally Posted by midicity View Post
    Agreed. Just go TK Foto and get your crumpler. Bought nearly all my Crumplers from them
    I buy all my Crumplers from the boutiques.
    Canon EOS 5D, 24-70 f/4 L IS, 50 f/1.2 L, 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS, 600EX-RT. Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 EX.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoweagle View Post
    I buy all my Crumplers from the boutiques.
    Well the Crumplers boutiques now has the 10% discount off retail price if you're using a DBS Live Fresh Credit card or the Epicentre card..

Anyway, nice info on crumpler.. will take note of it next time.. thanks for the sharing..
    "If ur pictures aren't gd enough, u're just not close enough..." | Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by iszan View Post
    Well the Crumplers boutiques now has the 10% discount off retail price if you're using a DBS Live Fresh Credit card or the Epicentre card..

Anyway, nice info on crumpler.. will take note of it next time.. thanks for the sharing..
    No probs. I only recently acquired the epicenter card after buying my ipod touch with a case so i only used it to buy the soupandsalad son-o with the card as i need a smaller 'bring-out' bag.

My friend bought it from Vietnam. Fake and cheap one

Quote Originally Posted by haslansalam View Post
    I only recently interested in Crumpler bags. My friend told me that he ordered his from friend who often goes to Vietnam (he claims crumpler factory in vietnam for euro market)

Tempted on the price. His 8 million crumpler is $70.

Now ordering Brazillion.. dunno how much

I wonder if its original or not? I dowan my 1st crumpler to be the fake one.
    If is manufacture for Europe market is totally different design & name, only Asia + US are having the same design and name.

Quote Originally Posted by OngTY View Post
    If is manufacture for Europe market is totally different design & name, only Asia + US are having the same design and name.
    I bought a soupandsalad son-o locally and I've checked that the design is the same as for Crumpler Australia which is no clip with 3 velcros. But Crumpler singapore's website shows a different design which is single clip with 2 velcros.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by OngTY View Post
    Ya. As far as I remember, the crumpler I bought in the US was also made in vietnam.

As far as I know, there are 2 types of fakes:

Type A: Same factory, those workers would come back on weekends and produced exactly the same goods, using the same material and bring out thru the back door to sell in the night markets.

Type B: Made in some dingy sweat shops with cheap material and sold as very cheap imitation goods.

Well, it is the same in China, Vietnam and Thailand.
    I love big car, big house, big lenses, but small apertures.

Where do you guys buy from in Vietnam, any address of the boutique shop or factory? I might be going Vietnam next month so would like to get my hands on those europe designs.

Not far from now someone will sell fake cruple bag with fido dido logos on it.

Say Cheese!
    Canon 60D

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by smallaperture View Post
    As far as I know, there are 2 types of fakes:

Type A: Same factory, those workers would come back on weekends and produced exactly the same goods, using the same material and bring out thru the back door to sell in the night markets.
    Type A is very very rare. Most are just either stolen goods outright, or irregulars (defects that are supposed to be destroyed).

Even then, very very rare. Even when those people selling it tell you it is "water goods", it is just very well made fakes.

There are many fake ones in Malaysia - sold by a company named Digicolor in Jalan Ipoh, Mutiara Complex, KL. They look almost exactly the same even with the plastic bag with imprinted logos wrapping them! I could not differentiate the difference until my friend bought one and compare it back home with mine. All the logos, spellings are the same. But material is slightly more coarse, places that supposed to have double-stitching only are single-stitched. And the smaller bags, i think the 4 million and 5 million comes with shoulder pads whereas the original ones do not come with it - as per online descriptions. These bags cost 1/3 the real ones and even provide shoulder pads. CHINA!!!

Quote Originally Posted by chua beng View Post
    There are many fake ones in Malaysia - sold by a company named Digicolor in Jalan Ipoh, Mutiara Complex, KL. They look almost exactly the same even with the plastic bag with imprinted logos wrapping them! I could not differentiate the difference until my friend bought one and compare it back home with mine. All the logos, spellings are the same. But material is slightly more coarse, places that supposed to have double-stitching only are single-stitched. And the smaller bags, i think the 4 million and 5 million comes with shoulder pads whereas the original ones do not come with it - as per online descriptions. These bags cost 1/3 the real ones and even provide shoulder pads. CHINA!!!
    i believe that's what i am talking about. finally someone actually saw it. beware if u have bought some cheapo fakes from some unscrupulous farking idiots online.
    Sony a330 | 18-250 f/3.5-6.3 | 50 f/1.8 | M 28-80 f/4-5.6 | M 80-200 f/4.5-5.6

Thanks for Sharing

Wahhh if buy at Crumpler boutique got fake one .... or quality Bad really have to piss all over my body hahaha and the bag too....

the bag is the only thing behind ur gears n the floor.
    dun save on this.
    forget a fake n get a real 1.
    Stirring up emotions with pics - cyliew

Quote Originally Posted by chua beng View Post
    Even the originals are made in China.

sorry if this is abit OT but does anyone know if this series is still available in sg crumpler stores??? i just checked the website and most of the models are out of stock. Any idea??
    Life is like Fotography, you can't develop without the NEGATIVE!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast