Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My photos just mysteriously disappeared! T-T

Default Re: My photos just mysteriously disappeared! T-T

Quote Originally Posted by dolmantops View Post
    I plan to head to the card repair shop not any retail shop... is there one for Lexar cards? I rmb my friend went to one for Kingston memory cards
    Card repair shop? Are you sure? The cards are sealed, nothing much to open and repair. They could offer you 1:1 exchange - but then hey will keep your card. I don't think that is what you want. So get a new card reader first and the software for recovery.
    EOS

When I connect my camera, I only see that 10 latest photos and nothing more...
    Sounds like corrupted file system .. but get the software and the reader as advised.

I don't know how to change the settings :X
    Have you heard about Google? Key in "How to see hidden files in Windows Explorer?" and read. It's not rocket science. You may also want to enable showing the real extension (e.g. .jpg) instead of letting the explorer guess and display. Recovered files might not have an extension that is known to the explorer.

And do you advice that I go to the shop to get the software? They can't recover it for me?
    Do you want to throw money out of the window? If they are honest they will admit that they don't do. If not they will ask for a lot of money for something you can do in a couple of minutes on your own.
    EOS

I plan to head to the card repair shop not any retail shop... is there one for Lexar cards? I rmb my friend went to one for Kingston memory cards
    you don't need a card repair shop. Even the service centre for Lexar (located at the sogo building near bugis by the way) will not be able to recover the files for you. I sent my corrupted CF card to them, which they sent to taiwan to recover(try to), and to no avail.

Ask your boyfriend to download the recovery software (recover my files), i use that software too and it works great. I'm sure he will be able to use it and recover whatever files that are gone, as long as it is not the memory card that is spoilt.

Also, make sure you stop shooting with that particular memory card so that nothing gets overwritten.
    A7R3|V12|V15|FE28|MS17|MS35|MS50|50lux|50C|50Artis an|FD85L|FE85|90 cron|
    Σ24|35L|Σ50|135L|70-200G2

Quote Originally Posted by Octarine View Post
    Card repair shop? Are you sure? The cards are sealed, nothing much to open and repair. They could offer you 1:1 exchange - but then hey will keep your card. I don't think that is what you want. So get a new card reader first and the software for recovery.
    I couldn't find the right term to use... Not that kind of repair shop. Was referring to the service shop for Lexar's cards.

Anyway thanks all! :] Will go home to check the windows settings and download the recovery software...

Can borrow a Hyperdrive Colorspace Portable Storage Device if you happen to know someone has one. The device can auto recover corrupted files. This one is good for people don't know a thing about computer file system. Just slot in the corrupted memory card and then press a few buttons. Presto! the files will be automatically be recovered in a newly created directory. The original memory card is untouched just in case further manual intervention is required by the data recovery experts...
    Canon 5D Mark II | 24-105L | 35L | 85L II | 135L | Samyang 14mm 2.8

Hi all, so after I have installed the software I can just let it run thru my card when I connect my cam? Or do I have to use a card reader?

haven't bought it yet... not sure where to get a reliable one

edit/
    Oh no..... seems like the software doesn't read from the camera means I've gotta get the card reader tmr...

Just checked out lexar's website... Is this good? http://www.lexar.com/readers/trio.html
    Last edited by dolmantops; 9th November 2009 at 09:10 PM.

edit/
    Oh no..... seems like the software doesn't read from the camera means I've gotta get the card reader tmr...
    Just checked out lexar's website... Is this good? http://www.lexar.com/readers/trio.html
    Looks ok. I have a Kingston CF reader, got it from Best Bargain, SLS, 5th floor. Don't take the cheapest readers (China brand, promising 101 different card formats, 5 dollars somewhere in a dim corner), take a branded one where you can back and exchange if necessary.
    EOS

I got my new card reader. And I've just scanned my files....

BUT how do I know if the lost files were found???

Under the Lost and Found file, there's only 10 photos and those were the ones in the card (not the ones lost)... why is that so :/

But when I check the event log, it says 470 files were located... Where???

Sigh..... what happened

I got my new card reader. And I've just scanned my files....

BUT how do I know if the lost files were found???

Under the Lost and Found file, there's only 10 photos and those were the ones in the card (not the ones lost)... why is that so :/

But when I check the event log, it says 470 files were located... Where???

Sigh..... what happened
    There should be an option to recover the lost files. But first of all, back up the 10 photos to somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by lypklypk View Post
    There should be an option to recover the lost files. But first of all, back up the 10 photos to somewhere else.
    Is that possible for the trial version? I'm using the free software so I think I can't save the lost files but can still preview right? Cos currently I can't even preview my lost files

Is that possible for the trial version? I'm using the free software so I think I can't save the lost files but can still preview right? Cos currently I can't even preview my lost files
    I guess that's the limitation of the trial version. I remember I have used something similar years back. Some trial versions allow recovery of a certain amount of data, others only report how much could recover. Try to get the Sandisk software.
    EOS

ya no point waste time on trial version.

i use magic photo recovery...if u cannot find i can send to u.
    Last edited by baggiolee; 12th November 2009 at 08:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by baggiolee View Post
    ya no point waste time on trial version.

i use magic photo recovery...if u cannot find i can send to u.
    I've tried Recover My Files and RescuePRO.... but all needs the full version to be able to dl the recovered files T-T

I believe this Magic Photo Recovery also needs full version T-T

Any more suggestions?

The cheapest way I can suggest is to go out and buy a SanDisk memory card (they come with a small cd with the recovery software), and use it to recover your photos. It's called RescuePro.

There's the other way, but it's not appropriate to mention here

Quote Originally Posted by lypklypk View Post
    The cheapest way I can suggest is to go out and buy a SanDisk memory card (they come with a small cd with the recovery software), and use it to recover your photos. It's called RescuePro.

There's the other way, but it's not appropriate to mention here
    I have sandisk memory cards but I'm not sure if they came with a photo recovery software
    o.0 hmm I'll check with my dad. Thanks for letting me know lypklypk!

Ive recovered data from cards before.
    If you're on a Mac, I can pass you Data Rescue II. It might just worked. Recovered data from CF/Thumdrives and harddisks using that software.

Quote Originally Posted by davsmiths View Post
    Ive recovered data from cards before.
    If you're on a Mac, I can pass you Data Rescue II. It might just worked. Recovered data from CF/Thumdrives and harddisks using that software.
    I'm using Windows

Anyway, I've just tried PhotoRec and managed to do a photo recovery on photos which I've deleted long ago.

BUT I still cannot recover the ones which I've lost on that day! T_T T_T T_T Why.............

Anyway, I've just tried PhotoRec and managed to do a photo recovery on photos which I've deleted long ago.
    BUT I still cannot recover the ones which I've lost on that day! T_T T_T T_T Why.............
    Looks bad. It seems that there are errors in the file system that caused overwriting of sectors where your files (newer images) where stored. Somehow those sectors with old images remained untouched, so you could recover the files.
    If this software works and can recover deleted images but not those which disappeared then it looks really bad, sorry to say. You could try some of those Sim Lim shops (back lanes, storey 3..5) to check whether they could do something. If not then you have to bite the bullet and say farewell to the images.
    Take it as lesson learned and always copy all images to PC first after each shooting. Do a proper formatting of the card from time to time to avoid inconsistencies in the file system.
    EOS

Or, go for the professional help to do the recovery for you. But it really depends on how much you value the images as the charge might not be cheap. Do a google on data recovery singapore service and you should find the list.
    Canon 5D Mark II | 24-105L | 35L | 85L II | 135L | Samyang 14mm 2.8

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast