Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6910111213162136 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 220 of 998

Thread: COP-Circle Of Photog. Season 5 TCSS

  1. #201
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    In The Shadows
    Posts
    1,230

    Default Re: COP-Circle Of Photog. Season 5 TCSS

    Quote Originally Posted by jlkk76 View Post
    anyone covered malay wedding b4 bor?

    wat are do/ dont?

    anyone care to share?
    Nothing much you should worry about. Just don't get into the way when they have to do anything religious. Otherwise, they are much photo friendly people.

  2. #202

    Default Re: COP-Circle Of Photog. Season 5 TCSS

    Quote Originally Posted by minzhui View Post
    guys and gal. do u know which lens is UWA but is not fish-eye type?
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoh View Post
    Sigma 12-24mm? The widest you can get on FF without fish-eye effect. For cropped bodies, Canon EFS 10-22mm and Tamron 10-24mm.
    hey don't forget the tokina 11-16 f/2.8!
    Licence to shoot.

  3. #203
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Under the Stars
    Posts
    2,122

    Default Re: COP-Circle Of Photog. Season 5 TCSS

    Quote Originally Posted by xhui View Post
    hey don't forget the tokina 11-16 f/2.8!

  4. #204
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    144

    Default Re: COP-Circle Of Photog. Season 5 TCSS

    Quote Originally Posted by Yoh View Post
    Sigma 12-24mm? The widest you can get on FF without fish-eye effect. For cropped bodies, Canon EFS 10-22mm and Tamron 10-24mm.
    Quote Originally Posted by xhui View Post
    hey don't forget the tokina 11-16 f/2.8!
    1) sigma 12-24mm
    2) canon EFS 10-22mm
    3) tamron 10-24mm
    4) tokina 11-16mm f2.8


    which is gd better? for 450D and also if possible if i were to upgrade to 7D(not so soon). price wise also.
    i'm new to photography but willing to learn.

  5. #205

    Default Re: COP-Circle Of Photog. Season 5 TCSS

    Quote Originally Posted by minzhui View Post
    1) sigma 12-24mm
    2) canon EFS 10-22mm
    3) tamron 10-24mm
    4) tokina 11-16mm f2.8


    which is gd better? for 450D and also if possible if i were to upgrade to 7D(not so soon). price wise also.
    I think since you'll be upgrading to another crop body, either the Canon 10-22 or the Tokina 11-16 bah? Do you want the f2.8? Yes, tokina! if want original Canon lens (a really good one also!), then the 10-22. The 10-22 is wider and has a better range in my opinion la. BBB!
    Licence to shoot.

  6. #206
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    144

    Default Re: COP-Circle Of Photog. Season 5 TCSS

    Quote Originally Posted by xhui View Post
    I think since you'll be upgrading to another crop body, either the Canon 10-22 or the Tokina 11-16 bah? Do you want the f2.8? Yes, tokina! if want original Canon lens (a really good one also!), then the 10-22. The 10-22 is wider and has a better range in my opinion la. BBB!
    but isnt the 10-22 a fish-eye?
    i'm new to photography but willing to learn.

  7. #207

    Default Re: COP-Circle Of Photog. Season 5 TCSS

    Quote Originally Posted by minzhui View Post
    but isnt the 10-22 a fish-eye?
    Nope. not fishy eye. its an UWA lens.
    Licence to shoot.

  8. #208
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Under the Stars
    Posts
    2,122

    Default Re: COP-Circle Of Photog. Season 5 TCSS

    Hmmm...

    I will leave everything aside and go for the tokina 11-16 f2.8 over the canon.

    Pros
    1. Cheaper than Canon
    2. IQ comparable
    3. Faster than Canon

    Cons
    1. The min focusing distance of 0.3m compare to Canon's 0.24m

    Buy 1st then talk later bah. Buy either no regrets plus both has retaining value for reselling.

  9. #209
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    144

    Default Re: COP-Circle Of Photog. Season 5 TCSS

    Quote Originally Posted by xhui View Post
    Nope. not fishy eye. its an UWA lens.

    is it? i tried using my friend one but there is a little ba..
    btw wad is the price of the tokina 11-16. wasnt able to find it in the price guide.

    found the price liao... wad can i find a cheaper one?
    Last edited by minzhui; 11th November 2009 at 10:39 PM.
    i'm new to photography but willing to learn.

  10. #210
    Senior Member NovJoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    ~Sunny Little Island~
    Posts
    5,651

    Default Re: COP-Circle Of Photog. Season 5 TCSS

    Quote Originally Posted by minzhui View Post
    is it? i tried using my friend one but there is a little ba..
    btw wad is the price of the tokina 11-16. wasnt able to find it in the price guide.

    found the price liao... wad can i find a cheaper one?
    Are you referring to barral distortion? Most UWA will have barral distortion so it is common.

    MSC quoted me for $980 for tok 11-16.

  11. #211
    Senior Member scud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,808

    Default Re: COP-Circle Of Photog. Season 5 TCSS

    shall we meet up at DG mrt at 8am on sat?

  12. #212
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    144

    Default Re: COP-Circle Of Photog. Season 5 TCSS

    Quote Originally Posted by NovJoe View Post
    Are you referring to barral distortion? Most UWA will have barral distortion so it is common.

    MSC quoted me for $980 for tok 11-16.
    so it work well with 450D. and even 7D ?
    i'm new to photography but willing to learn.

  13. #213
    Senior Member scud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,808

    Default Re: COP-Circle Of Photog. Season 5 TCSS

    Quote Originally Posted by minzhui View Post
    so it work well with 450D. and even 7D ?
    no prob as long as they are both 1.6 crop and lenses are EF mounts.

  14. #214
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Under the Stars
    Posts
    2,122

    Default Re: COP-Circle Of Photog. Season 5 TCSS

    Quote Originally Posted by scud View Post
    shall we meet up at DG mrt at 8am on sat?
    Sure. I'm most happy. Hehe!

  15. #215
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Under the Stars
    Posts
    2,122

    Default Re: COP-Circle Of Photog. Season 5 TCSS

    Quote Originally Posted by NovJoe View Post
    Are you referring to barral distortion? Most UWA will have barral distortion so it is common.

    MSC quoted me for $980 for tok 11-16.
    Try other shops, should be able to get it at $950.

    $30 for a UV and top up a bit for ND filter if you shoot landscape. But come on, UWA isn't it for landscaping. I also want a UWA but have to see which body I can get 1st.
    Last edited by RyanG; 11th November 2009 at 11:14 PM.

  16. #216
    Senior Member scud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,808

    Default Re: COP-Circle Of Photog. Season 5 TCSS

    Quote Originally Posted by RyanG View Post
    Sure. I'm most happy. Hehe!
    i dont expect to be selected for the 2nd session, so i might go st shooting after that.

  17. #217
    Senior Member scud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,808

    Default Re: COP-Circle Of Photog. Season 5 TCSS

    Quote Originally Posted by RyanG View Post
    Try other shops, should be able to get it at $950.

    $30 for a UV and top up a bit for ND filter if you shoot landscape. But come on, UWA isn't it for landscaping. I also want a UWA but have to see which body I can get 1st.
    if that the case of not knowing which body to get, might as well settle for siggy 12-24.

  18. #218
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Under the Stars
    Posts
    2,122

    Default Re: COP-Circle Of Photog. Season 5 TCSS

    Quote Originally Posted by scud View Post
    if that the case of not knowing which body to get, might as well settle for siggy 12-24.
    On my hitlist. This siggy cannot mount screw-type filter. Stress.

    Or rather can but must have the cap on but confirm it's gonna vignettes like hell.

  19. #219
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Under the Stars
    Posts
    2,122

    Default Re: COP-Circle Of Photog. Season 5 TCSS

    Quote Originally Posted by scud View Post
    i dont expect to be selected for the 2nd session, so i might go st shooting after that.
    Dun have high hopes also. How to be get selected har?

  20. #220
    Senior Member scud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,808

    Default Re: COP-Circle Of Photog. Season 5 TCSS

    Quote Originally Posted by RyanG View Post
    Dun have high hopes also. How to be get selected har?
    they will call u if u are selected.

Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6910111213162136 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •