Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: New dSLR owner reporting!

  1. #1

    Default New dSLR owner reporting!

    While it has not been the first dSLR I've used, I recently bought (and got chopped with RRP price, haha) a Sony a380. Kinda happy with it now, though the grip is really uncomfortable shooting for extended hours (not to mention the battery life, or lack of).

    So now saving up for the 50mm f/1.8, which I think should be a good investment, is it not? My shots vary from macro to landscape, haven't really focus on one single type of photography to be honest. Some of my newbie shots:

    #1


    #2


    #3


    #4


    #5


    As you probably can tell I still got a long long long way to go. Heh.

  2. #2

    Default Re: New dSLR owner reporting!

    =) welcome...pics arent that bad!
    Flickr
    There's no present. There's only the immediate future and the recent past.

  3. #3
    Senior Member madmartian's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Outer Space
    Posts
    20,227

    Default Re: New dSLR owner reporting!

    Welcome to CS
    Take the shot!

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    the blue planet
    Posts
    610

    Default Re: New dSLR owner reporting!

    hi,
    warm welcome by a SC fan
    lets learn together..

  5. #5
    Member sheldon22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    West Singapore
    Posts
    117

    Default Re: New dSLR owner reporting!

    welcome to CS!




  6. #6
    Member ITphobia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Singapore, Northerner
    Posts
    131

    Default Re: New dSLR owner reporting!

    LOL... welcome to CS... You will have lots of fun here... Btw, your photos are good =D

  7. #7

    Default Re: New dSLR owner reporting!

    Hi MintChoco,

    Welcome to CS
    α300, 18-250mm, 35mm f1.8

  8. #8

    Default Re: New dSLR owner reporting!

    Good shots. Feel free to join the Alpha outings.
    Alpha

  9. #9

    Default Re: New dSLR owner reporting!

    Welcome to the club. Happy shooting!

  10. #10
    Senior Member limwhow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Life revolves arOnd East Coast
    Posts
    7,049

    Default Re: New dSLR owner reporting!

    Hello, MintChoco. A very warm welcome to you.

  11. #11
    Senior Member Galdor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Planet Gaia
    Posts
    9,544

    Default Re: New dSLR owner reporting!

    A warm welcome to you fellow Alpha user.
    Hope to see you in our outings soon.
    Minolta. Konica Minolta. Sony

  12. #12

    Default Re: New dSLR owner reporting!

    Thanks for the welcomes

    Still learning even though I first used a dSLR (450D!) a year ago. Had 'dreams' of owning a DSLR since then. Actually wanted to go for Canon (which I trust), but eventually got persuaded to choose Sony. No regrets though, I love my camera heh.

    As for outings.. Must see first lah. I so shy, bring my little camera go there amoungst all the pros (though I must say that it's a good learning experience).

    Already kinda planned what I'm going to get... Eyeing the 50mm f1.8, gonna be nice for my macro shots I guess.

    I have a question though - I already got the twin lens kit (18 - 55/ 55 - 200), is it worth it to buy the kit lens, the 18 - 70mm? I find it a hassle to keep changing lenses.

  13. #13

    Default Re: New dSLR owner reporting!

    Quote Originally Posted by MintChoco View Post
    As for outings.. Must see first lah. I so shy, bring my little camera go there amoungst all the pros (though I must say that it's a good learning experience).
    No worries, many people using the entry-level cams and even the old KM cams. There's no "camera level snobbery" with us.

    Quote Originally Posted by MintChoco View Post
    I have a question though - I already got the twin lens kit (18 - 55/ 55 - 200), is it worth it to buy the kit lens, the 18 - 70mm? I find it a hassle to keep changing lenses.
    The 18-55 is the replacement for the very old 18-70. I'd suggest getting the 18-250 instead, or the 16-105 if you're willing to compromise focal length for image quality, or the Carl Zeiss 16-80 if you really love sharp images.
    Alpha

  14. #14

    Default Re: New dSLR owner reporting!

    Hi welcome to clubsnap! Another alpha bro! Woohoo.. Who cares what camera you're using! Your photos are nice

  15. #15

    Default Re: New dSLR owner reporting!

    Can't afford CZ at the moment, heh.

    16 - 105 sounds good. I rarely find myself actually going all the way to 200mm, since even SuperSteadyShot sometimes can't save my trembling hands (Dunno, had trembling hands for ages now). Shall go do some reading up.

    Photos, one day can take 400 - 500 but end up only less than 10% usable shots. Must go easy on shutter I guess

  16. #16

    Default Re: New dSLR owner reporting!

    Quote Originally Posted by MintChoco View Post
    16 - 105 sounds good.
    Look for good deals in the marketplace section here...
    Alpha

  17. #17

    Default Re: New dSLR owner reporting!

    Aiyah nothing to shy one. It is the output that matters

    Quote Originally Posted by MintChoco View Post
    Thanks for the welcomes

    Still learning even though I first used a dSLR (450D!) a year ago. Had 'dreams' of owning a DSLR since then. Actually wanted to go for Canon (which I trust), but eventually got persuaded to choose Sony. No regrets though, I love my camera heh.

    As for outings.. Must see first lah. I so shy, bring my little camera go there amoungst all the pros (though I must say that it's a good learning experience).

    Already kinda planned what I'm going to get... Eyeing the 50mm f1.8, gonna be nice for my macro shots I guess.

    I have a question though - I already got the twin lens kit (18 - 55/ 55 - 200), is it worth it to buy the kit lens, the 18 - 70mm? I find it a hassle to keep changing lenses.
    α300, 18-250mm, 35mm f1.8

  18. #18

    Default Re: New dSLR owner reporting!

    Welcome, camera equipments are secondary, what's important is that u had fully utilized ur current equipments to capture beautiful pictures

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •