Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21

Thread: Crumpler Industry Disgrace

  1. #1

    Default Crumpler Industry Disgrace

    it look great...
    and i know many has been using this...
    but i hope can hear some feedback from CSer...
    and where can i get it...
    btw.. any1 know ther price for a new 1...

    Thank in advance...

  2. #2

    Default Re: Crumpler Industry Disgrace

    $25 at Crumpler's own stores, if nothing as changed since the last time I got mine. This is in Singapore.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Crumpler Industry Disgrace

    don't like that i can't unbuckle the strap (like op/tech)

  4. #4

    Default Re: Crumpler Industry Disgrace

    call before going down to the crumpler stores. they fly off the shelves ratehr quickly.
    carbonmade
    mαke.believe

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Pasir Ris, Singapore
    Posts
    14,002

    Default Re: Crumpler Industry Disgrace

    It also comes in a few colours so pick the one u like.
    Canon EOS 5D, 24-70 f/4 L IS, 50 f/1.2 L, 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS, 600EX-RT. Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 EX.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Crumpler Industry Disgrace

    I'm using this strap. It feels better compare to the original canon strap that I have.
    My Flickr
    Canon 7D|Tamron 17-50mm f2.8 Non-VC|EF-S 10-22mm|EF 85mm f/1.8|EF 50mm f/1.8|580EXII

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Pasir Ris, Singapore
    Posts
    14,002

    Default Re: Crumpler Industry Disgrace

    Quote Originally Posted by RUFiO View Post
    I'm using this strap. It feels better compare to the original canon strap that I have.
    Well of cos it's better. Stock straps usually are not of very gd quality.
    Canon EOS 5D, 24-70 f/4 L IS, 50 f/1.2 L, 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS, 600EX-RT. Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 EX.

  8. #8

    Default Re: Crumpler Industry Disgrace

    Quote Originally Posted by Snoweagle View Post
    Well of cos it's better. Stock straps usually are not of very gd quality.
    The wide version of the stock strap should be better though.
    P e r s p e c t i v e

  9. #9

    Default Re: Crumpler Industry Disgrace

    But it's quite bulky IMO (worn and kept). Sold it within 3days.
    Licence to shoot.

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    lost in translation
    Posts
    907

    Default Re: Crumpler Industry Disgrace

    Quote Originally Posted by eleveninth View Post
    don't like that i can't unbuckle the strap (like op/tech)
    yah... have to DIY the clips...
    "camcount" freeze, till Dec 2011

  11. #11

    Default Re: Crumpler Industry Disgrace

    Quote Originally Posted by xhui View Post
    But it's quite bulky IMO (worn and kept). Sold it within 3days.
    Its big n bulky & its nt very easy to keep. I prefer optech, n furthermore its nt those quick release so it kind of waste space when put it into dry cabinet together with cam
    Canon EOS 500D | Sigma DC OS 18-200mm | EF-S 55-250mm IS F4-5.6 | EF 50mm f/1.8 II

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Pasir Ris, Singapore
    Posts
    14,002

    Default Re: Crumpler Industry Disgrace

    Quote Originally Posted by Yoh View Post
    The wide version of the stock strap should be better though.
    Nope, not as gd too. Stock accessories are like that. Want better, then have to buy separately.
    Canon EOS 5D, 24-70 f/4 L IS, 50 f/1.2 L, 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS, 600EX-RT. Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 EX.

  13. #13

    Default Re: Crumpler Industry Disgrace

    Quote Originally Posted by Snoweagle View Post
    Nope, not as gd too. Stock accessories are like that. Want better, then have to buy separately.
    Perhaps we have different tolerance for such. The wide version works well for me though.
    P e r s p e c t i v e

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Pasir Ris, Singapore
    Posts
    14,002

    Default Re: Crumpler Industry Disgrace

    Quote Originally Posted by Yoh View Post
    Perhaps we have different tolerance for such. The wide version works well for me though.
    For me, it's the quality of the material that counts and the amount of padding it has.
    Canon EOS 5D, 24-70 f/4 L IS, 50 f/1.2 L, 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS, 600EX-RT. Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 EX.

  15. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    331

    Default Re: Crumpler Industry Disgrace

    17 Nov, 2009

    Just popped down to the Crumpler Ion shop (B3) and picked up the Black strap for $25.00. They have the plain brown version ($25 as well) and the 2 limited editions in stock as well - grey camo and orange brown camo for $36.00 each.

  16. #16

    Default Re: Crumpler Industry Disgrace

    the crumpler strap feels comfortable.
    the current camou prints are the pixelated kind...not the old school green army patches...

  17. #17

    Default Re: Crumpler Industry Disgrace

    thank guys 4 all the feedback...

    i just got myself the orange 1 and a brown 1...
    2day...

  18. #18
    Senior Member ZerocoolAstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    rainy Singapore
    Posts
    9,523

    Default Re: Crumpler Industry Disgrace

    TWO straps?? How many cameras are you carrying around?

    I prefer that the Crumpler strap doesn't have a quick release. A bit distrustful of plastic buckles, after I've had a number of them snap on my various waistpouches. If it was an aluminium carabina, now that's a different story...
    Exploring! :)

  19. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Pasir Ris, Singapore
    Posts
    14,002

    Default Re: Crumpler Industry Disgrace

    Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    TWO straps?? How many cameras are you carrying around?

    I prefer that the Crumpler strap doesn't have a quick release. A bit distrustful of plastic buckles, after I've had a number of them snap on my various waistpouches. If it was an aluminium carabina, now that's a different story...
    If u want clip-type then buy optech. For me i've no problems with non-clip types and none of them ever gave up on me, even with the stock ones.
    Canon EOS 5D, 24-70 f/4 L IS, 50 f/1.2 L, 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS, 600EX-RT. Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 EX.

  20. #20
    Senior Member ZerocoolAstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    rainy Singapore
    Posts
    9,523

    Default Re: Crumpler Industry Disgrace

    Quote Originally Posted by Snoweagle View Post
    If u want clip-type then buy optech. For me i've no problems with non-clip types and none of them ever gave up on me, even with the stock ones.
    The Optech one with the clip is precisely the kind of neckstrap that I'm distrustful about, even though I've heard of no such problems before, and my camera + lens isn't that heavy.

    Just my engineering background and my general distrust of plastic connectors (buckle, clip, etc) when supporting critical loads.
    Exploring! :)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •