Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 33

Thread: D700 - my new toy

  1. #1

    Default D700 - my new toy

    After months of considering, finally decided to take the plunge and got myself
    a D700 + 24-70 last nite...burnt a big hole in pocket. Just managed to open the box & test out the cam this morning...awesome camera/lens combination.

    Some sample shots below.
    (it's kinda soft after downsizing but actual image is sharp)

    #1



    #2



    #3

  2. #2
    Senior Member giantcanopy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    SG
    Posts
    6,232

    Default Re: D700 - my new toy

    congrats on ur purchse!

  3. #3

    Default Re: D700 - my new toy

    he stole my camera!! omg you better give it back lor... hehe..

    have fun with your new toy! wish i had such pocket like yours to burn.

  4. #4

    Default Re: D700 - my new toy

    Quote Originally Posted by giantcanopy View Post
    congrats on ur purchse!
    Thks giantcanopy

    Quote Originally Posted by mynameisgreg View Post
    he stole my camera!! omg you better give it back lor... hehe..

    have fun with your new toy! wish i had such pocket like yours to burn.
    haha..nice one pocket not deep thats why kena burn.

  5. #5

    Default Re: D700 - my new toy

    That's a powerful combination. Enjoy!

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    here
    Posts
    1,350

    Default Re: D700 - my new toy



    Now you need the 70-200 f/2.8 VR II and 14-24 f/2.8 of course.

    (Shouldn't this be posted in the Nikon sub-forum?)

  7. #7
    Member r00ki3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    North-East Line
    Posts
    967

    Default Re: D700 - my new toy

    what a toy you got yourself there!!!...
    I can't even afford to burn my pocket, coz I will walk around without pants for months before I can buy a new pants!!

    enjoy your new toy

  8. #8

    Default Re: D700 - my new toy

    Quote Originally Posted by Blur Shadow View Post
    That's a powerful combination. Enjoy!
    Quote Originally Posted by aspenx View Post

    Thks Blur Shadow

    Now you need the 70-200 f/2.8 VR II and 14-24 f/2.8 of course.

    (Shouldn't this be posted in the Nikon sub-forum?)
    haha...pocket all burnt out now...will take years to repair before I can afford
    those

    Quote Originally Posted by r00ki3 View Post
    what a toy you got yourself there!!!...
    I can't even afford to burn my pocket, coz I will walk around without pants for months before I can buy a new pants!!

    enjoy your new toy

    Thks r00ki3

  9. #9

    Default Re: D700 - my new toy

    I envy you man. I was in Turkey last week and one of my tour group members was using a D700. Damn solid camera with superb high ISO performance. My wallet is already burnt till nothing left to burn liao if not I will really want to get a D700 too..
    Life is like photography, we develop from the negatives.

  10. #10

    Default Re: D700 - my new toy

    Great combo!

    eh hi Aaron! It's me, Darren from the tour. I forgot my nick is tootsie ... darrenyap is my flickr account

  11. #11

    Default Re: D700 - my new toy

    Quote Originally Posted by aaron80 View Post
    I envy you man. I was in Turkey last week and one of my tour group members was using a D700. Damn solid camera with superb high ISO performance. My wallet is already burnt till nothing left to burn liao if not I will really want to get a D700 too..
    Quote Originally Posted by tootsie View Post
    Great combo!

    eh hi Aaron! It's me, Darren from the tour. I forgot my nick is tootsie ... darrenyap is my flickr account
    Thks guys. Yes, it's real solid but the combo is also real heavy! Need to work out more often

  12. #12

    Default Re: D700 - my new toy

    Its the same combo as yours. Haha no wonder I couldn't find you on the forum, I keep searching for the nick darrenyap. Anyway how are you? You uploaded any photos of the trip yet? Sianz tomorrow its back to work already.

    Quote Originally Posted by tootsie View Post
    Great combo!

    eh hi Aaron! It's me, Darren from the tour. I forgot my nick is tootsie ... darrenyap is my flickr account
    Last edited by aaron80; 9th November 2009 at 12:23 AM.
    Life is like photography, we develop from the negatives.

  13. #13

    Default Re: D700 - my new toy

    Quote Originally Posted by lightbrush View Post
    Thks guys. Yes, it's real solid but the combo is also real heavy! Need to work out more often
    You should consider the R-Strap ... hardly feel the weight

    Quote Originally Posted by aaron80 View Post
    Its the same combo as yours. Haha no wonder I couldn't find you on the forum, I keep searching for the nick darrenyap. Anyway how are you? You uploaded any photos of the trip yet? Sianz tomorrow its back to work already.
    I'm fine thanks. Been processing photos since Friday. I'm ALMOST done ... with day 1 ... HAHA! I've been uploading them on flickr. Will upload more on facebook once I'm done with day 1 ... hopefully tomorrow. How about you? You got a flickr account?

    WORK TOMORROW!

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    West
    Posts
    3,136

    Default Re: D700 - my new toy

    Pray your 24-70mm doesn't get the godawful grinding issue...

  15. #15
    Senior Member Numnumball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Central
    Posts
    13,914

    Default Re: D700 - my new toy

    Congrats on ur new "toys"

    It's a marraige made in heaven! They compliment each other so well. It's a killer combo!
    And i admit cos the lens was on my cam for 50% of the time, and i m lovely it for walk abt, events and weddings!!!

    Welcome to the FF family

    Cheers!
    I turned PRO in diaper chg!
    My Flickr|My Son

  16. #16
    Senior Member Numnumball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Central
    Posts
    13,914

    Default Re: D700 - my new toy

    Quote Originally Posted by Vulpix0r View Post
    Pray your 24-70mm doesn't get the godawful grinding issue...
    Yup, check ur serial no. it mostly happens to those 299,XXX and before.

    Any bros who have the grinding issue should bring down to NSC for them to check, if covered under warranty, they can fix the issue for u foc.

    Thankfully.. Mine is 324,XXX, smooth all the way form 24 to 70.
    I turned PRO in diaper chg!
    My Flickr|My Son

  17. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    West
    Posts
    3,136

    Default Re: D700 - my new toy

    Quote Originally Posted by Numnumball View Post
    Yup, check ur serial no. it mostly happens to those 299,XXX and before.

    Any bros who have the grinding issue should bring down to NSC for them to check, if covered under warranty, they can fix the issue for u foc.

    Thankfully.. Mine is 324,XXX, smooth all the way form 24 to 70.
    Recently on DPR even those 324 one also kenna within 2-3 months... So I also afraid of my own 24-70mm getting that issue... No one is spared.

  18. #18

    Default Re: D700 - my new toy

    Quote Originally Posted by Numnumball View Post
    Congrats on ur new "toys"

    It's a marraige made in heaven! They compliment each other so well. It's a killer combo!
    And i admit cos the lens was on my cam for 50% of the time, and i m lovely it for walk abt, events and weddings!!!

    Welcome to the FF family

    Cheers!
    Thks Numnumball.

    Quote Originally Posted by Vulpix0r View Post
    Recently on DPR even those 324 one also kenna within 2-3 months... So I also afraid of my own 24-70mm getting that issue... No one is spared.
    Thks for the alert Vulpix0r. Gonna check mine when I get home.

  19. #19
    Member Darkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    86

    Default Re: D700 - my new toy

    You should consider purchasing the vertical grip. Only catch is the battery, you need to buy a new D3 battery and charger (D700 charger is different). This will boost your frame speed from 5fps to 8fps. Great for fast action shots! Also very helpful for handheld HDR shots.

    As someone mentioned, the Black Rapid strap will help carry all that weight.

  20. #20

    Default Re: D700 - my new toy

    Quote Originally Posted by Vulpix0r View Post
    Recently on DPR even those 324 one also kenna within 2-3 months... So I also afraid of my own 24-70mm getting that issue... No one is spared.
    Fyi... a friend of mine kenna that and NSC did a 1-1 replacement..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •