Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: Beautiful Redang Island

  1. #1

    Default Beautiful Redang Island





  2. #2

  3. #3

    Default

    wow, back so fast? Nice shots! I like the 7th pic best.
    Last edited by tomshen; 28th April 2002 at 05:24 PM.

  4. #4

    Default

    ya, 7th picture nice..

    very unique. You thought of this?

  5. #5
    Moderator ziploc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Snoopyland
    Posts
    4,577

    Default

    Wah Willy, long time no see you post liao. How was your Redang trip?

    Anyway I like the last pic the best. Great shot! For the wine glasses I prefer their legs not to be cut off, and I think a higher zoom / tighter crop on the sunglasses reflection pic might be better...

  6. #6

    Default

    Originally posted by revenant
    ya, 7th picture nice..

    very unique. You thought of this?
    It wasn't pre-planned... just that this nice lady from Toronto who went with us on the Glass Boat trip has this pair of shades which gave a very nice reflection. To top it off she had a great smile.

    So I just asked my girlfriend to sit beside me and got her to look at us

  7. #7

    Default

    Originally posted by ziploc
    Wah Willy, long time no see you post liao. How was your Redang trip?

    Anyway I like the last pic the best. Great shot! For the wine glasses I prefer their legs not to be cut off, and I think a higher zoom / tighter crop on the sunglasses reflection pic might be better...
    I have been very busy lately.. no time for shoots at all.. managed to squeeze a few days to go on this trip... a hell of a journey, but no regrets. The crystal clear water, the fish swimming around you, turtle watching and to top it off, swimming with a school of 10 baby sharks made the trip truly memorable. It's too bad we didn't know what to expect and didn't manage to snap all the wonderful moments. We would definitely make another trip back, this time prepared.

    Understand about the glasses, unfortunately, I only went back to the room to get the camera after we finished the meal... you wouldn't want to see the mess on the table

    For the sunglasses pix, the lady had a great smile, which I thought added to the character of the shot.

    (Judy: If you're reading this... Love ya smile)
    Last edited by willyfoo; 28th April 2002 at 10:59 PM.

  8. #8

    Default

    Originally posted by willyfoo


    It wasn't pre-planned... just that this nice lady from Toronto who went with us on the Glass Boat trip has this pair of shades which gave a very nice reflection. To top it off she had a great smile.

    So I just asked my girlfriend to sit beside me and got her to look at us
    So, that nice lady thought that you were shooting the whole of her face?

  9. #9

    Default

    Originally posted by revenant


    So, that nice lady thought that you were shooting the whole of her face?
    She knew we were taking the reflection on her sunglasses...

  10. #10

    Default

    Originally posted by willyfoo


    She knew we were taking the reflection on her sunglasses...
    orh ok... but you never tell her lah?

    hey, Judy ur gf huh?

  11. #11

    Default

    Originally posted by revenant


    orh ok... but you never tell her lah?

    hey, Judy ur gf huh?
    No Judy is the one with the sunglasses,
    Jodie is the one beside me

  12. #12

    Default

    Originally posted by willyfoo


    No Judy is the one with the sunglasses,
    Jodie is the one beside me
    orh ok....

  13. #13

    Default

    Nice pix! Glad u enjoyed urself over there. I did...will go again when i get the chance..heheheeh. The beach nice hor????
    One-North Explorers
    | Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but photos |

  14. #14

    Default

    Coolz!! I like the sunglass pic...

    Really long time never hear from u liao...u must have enjoyed ya self there!!

  15. #15

    Default

    Yo!! Willy....long time no see liao...hehehe

    For the sunglass shot...might be better if u and jodie were on one of the lens or maybe on on each lens.

  16. #16
    Moderator ziploc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Snoopyland
    Posts
    4,577

    Default

    Originally posted by willyfoo

    Understand about the glasses, unfortunately, I only went back to the room to get the camera after we finished the meal... you wouldn't want to see the mess on the table

    For the sunglasses pix, the lady had a great smile, which I thought added to the character of the shot.
    I see, okies okies. Nice shots, glad to see your posting again.

  17. #17

    Default

    Originally posted by dragos
    Yo!! Willy....long time no see liao...hehehe
    Ya... long time... probably starving myself of shoots before I get the D100, then at least I haven't exhausted myself of things to shoot.


    For the sunglass shot...might be better if u and jodie were on one of the lens or maybe on on each lens.
    I did try 2 shots after this, with jodie on the other lens but the smile wasn't as radiant as this, probably getting tired of it I also chose a larger aperature, but realised later that that had the face in focus but the images within the sunglasses were blur..

  18. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    碧山
    Posts
    236

    Default

    willy...did u just return frm redang?

    if yes, how's the weather? cos i m goin there quite soon and the weather in sg is not tat gd

  19. #19

    Default

    Originally posted by jamelaw
    willy...did u just return frm redang?

    if yes, how's the weather? cos i m goin there quite soon and the weather in sg is not tat gd
    Yes... we just got back.. the weather was great for the first 2 days, third was a cloudy with some showers. Generally this is the best season to go. Enjoy yourself there... but the disposable underwater camera from singapore. Don't get chopped there.

  20. #20

    Default

    Excellent shots! Especially the one with the sunglasses and candle shots.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •