Thread: HELP: What are those mark on my photos

Default HELP: What are those mark on my photos

HI guys,

I need your help. Just took back a set of prints and I realise that there is a mark on all my photos. I have changed my lens and taken a few other test shots and the mark is still there.

The funny thing is that the mark appears only in dark background and not lighted ones...where I spose its not so obvious.

Can anyone tell me whats wrong? I intend to send my cam down to canon but i thought some of you might be able to tell me whats wrong with it first.

Also, has canon shifted? If yes...what is the new address again? I know its near harbourfront.

I have attached two pics...look at the top right hand corner. There is the swish (tick) mark...

Above the switch on the right

Quote Originally Posted by iamasaint
    HI guys,

I need your help. Just took back a set of prints and I realise that there is a mark on all my photos. I have changed my lens and taken a few other test shots and the mark is still there.

The funny thing is that the mark appears only in dark background and not lighted ones...where I spose its not so obvious.

Can anyone tell me whats wrong? I intend to send my cam down to canon but i thought some of you might be able to tell me whats wrong with it first.

Also, has canon shifted? If yes...what is the new address again? I know its near harbourfront.

I have attached two pics...look at the top right hand corner. There is the swish (tick) mark...

Above the switch on the right

hmmm.... looks strange indeed. you sure when you hold the prints up against the lights, there's anything?

is it a cam fault??? first time hear about this leh... or is it the printers?

Quote Originally Posted by SniperD
    hmmm.... looks strange indeed. you sure when you hold the prints up against the lights, there's anything?

is it a cam fault??? first time hear about this leh... or is it the printers?
    Looks like dust on the CCD.

Regards
    CK

I used to have something like this too.. Its dust on the CMOS.. not dust.. more of a kind of smear...

Anyway, i sent it to canon.. $80 and its done.. Took 2 days. They're located @ Pacific Tech Centre, beside harbour front.

Quote Originally Posted by junyang
    I used to have something like this too.. Its dust on the CMOS.. not dust.. more of a kind of smear...

Anyway, i sent it to canon.. $80 and its done.. Took 2 days. They're located @ Pacific Tech Centre, beside harbour front.
    pacific tech centre is not beside harbour front rite?

u need to clean your CCD/CMOS.

nike has syndicated your camera... 8)

Quote Originally Posted by loupgarou
    nike has syndicated your camera... 8)

just did it!

hahaha...serious problem like that and you guys are still joking! =)

Anyway, the problem appears to be fixed. Think its the CMOS. Sent it to Canon (Its at 1 Harbourfront Ave now...service centre on 4th Floor)

Cost me $20. Thanks for all your help and advises.

Rgds
    Kelvin

I had something similar (just one spot) and blew it away with the blower..... hope I'm not doing more harm than good.
    Last edited by mpenza; 30th January 2004 at 12:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mpenza
    I had something similar (just one spot) and blew it away with the blower..... hope I'm not doing more harm than good.
    I had a similar "smear" at the beginning of one of my holiday trip!! Took a risk, used the blower and seems to have removed it

..NuTs..