Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 35 of 35

Thread: Restless - Stationary emotion

  1. #21

    Default

    Hi Ron,

    "Yearn" appeals to me on several levels. Firstly, the sense of reaching for the sky is well captured, in the posture of the crane, and the empty space between the clouds that it seems to be reaching for. Secondly, the simplicity of the composition gives the photo a tranquil but engaging feel.

    Looking forward to seeing more shots in your series!



    Cheers,
    Adrian.

  2. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Behind the viewfinder...
    Posts
    5,851

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zaren
    Hi Ron,

    "Yearn" appeals to me on several levels. Firstly, the sense of reaching for the sky is well captured, in the posture of the crane, and the empty space between the clouds that it seems to be reaching for. Secondly, the simplicity of the composition gives the photo a tranquil but engaging feel.

    Looking forward to seeing more shots in your series!



    Cheers,
    Adrian.
    Thanks Adrian! You made my day!

  3. #23
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Central
    Posts
    17

    Default

    Heye,

    Nice pic and perspective. Looking forward to the rest of your series HN.


  4. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Behind the viewfinder...
    Posts
    5,851

    Default

    Thank you Hue HN
    Last edited by SniperD; 3rd February 2004 at 09:03 PM.

  5. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Behind the viewfinder...
    Posts
    5,851

    Default Dignified - Stationary Emotions

    Another addition:


  6. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Behind the viewfinder...
    Posts
    5,851

    Default Fortitude - Stationary Emotions



    Comments appreciated

  7. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Behind the viewfinder...
    Posts
    5,851

    Default

    bo-ing! bo-ing!

  8. #28
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Behind the viewfinder...
    Posts
    5,851

    Default Labor - Stationary Emotions

    Another one:


  9. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Behind the viewfinder...
    Posts
    5,851

    Default

    darn.. I think I'm losing steam in this mini-series......

  10. #30
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Behind the viewfinder...
    Posts
    5,851

    Default Lofty - Stationary Emotions

    Another one



    Comments appreciated

  11. #31

    Default

    ron

    you're starting to lose track

    there's too many of repetitive shots.


    i believe for many the b&w catches the attention.

    the stuff are nice for what it is but too much of it starts to get a little dull
    like the last few.. nearly all the same with 2/3 sky 1/3 object

    otherwise
    they're nice

  12. #32
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Behind the viewfinder...
    Posts
    5,851

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sequitur
    ron

    you're starting to lose track

    there's too many of repetitive shots.


    i believe for many the b&w catches the attention.

    the stuff are nice for what it is but too much of it starts to get a little dull
    like the last few.. nearly all the same with 2/3 sky 1/3 object

    otherwise
    they're nice
    Hey man,

    thanks for the comments. Yeah.. not really easy to maintain an ongoing series. will try other angles liao.. thanks again

  13. #33

    Default

    Hi Ron,

    Some comments/suggestions...

    Dignified - not sure if the caption works, it seems more like "teamwork" or "brotherhood" to me.

    Fortitude - can't really see the crane here, how about a closer shot of the crane (showing the strong steel members) during a heavy downpour?

    Labour - This shot is better suited for "lofty" because it gives the viewer a sense of great height. Suggest photographing the crane lifting a heavy load.

    Lofty - i know it's not possible, but would be great to take a pic from inside the control cabin atop the tower crane, looking downwards...

    Keep 'em coming!
    you can buy better gear but you can't buy a better eye

  14. #34
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Behind the viewfinder...
    Posts
    5,851

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zaren
    Hi Ron,

    Some comments/suggestions...

    Dignified - not sure if the caption works, it seems more like "teamwork" or "brotherhood" to me.

    Fortitude - can't really see the crane here, how about a closer shot of the crane (showing the strong steel members) during a heavy downpour?

    Labour - This shot is better suited for "lofty" because it gives the viewer a sense of great height. Suggest photographing the crane lifting a heavy load.

    Lofty - i know it's not possible, but would be great to take a pic from inside the control cabin atop the tower crane, looking downwards...

    Keep 'em coming!
    Hahah.. thanks Adrian for your comments.

    It's a total different angle from what you attribute to the shots to me
    Perhaps I will share my idealogy behind it when I complete this series. Basically it's more on my self to the pics than the pics conveying the said titles

  15. #35
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Behind the viewfinder...
    Posts
    5,851

    Default Restless II - Stationary Emotions

    .............. !!??


Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •