Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Restless - Stationary emotion

Cool Stationary emotion - Mini Series

Going to start a mini-series on this

Here's something to start it off - "Restless"

Comments welcomed!
    Last edited by SniperD; 1st February 2004 at 07:43 PM.

no comments?

What are you trying to convey with this image and theme?
    All I see is a dark and blurry image.

from wat i see here.. if only you could leave out the trees, it would be much better..then again..we can't always have wat we want can we...

sniperD, i like the sense of perspective there.. new, fresh and unusual..its a break from the more common shots taken..

then again..thats wat photography is abt.. showing other ur perspective..

OT: anyway..wonder if we can get permission to shoot at a construction site during sunday..hehehe...

Quote Originally Posted by ralphii82sg
    from wat i see here.. if only you could leave out the trees, it would be much better..then again..we can't always have wat we want can we...

sniperD, i like the sense of perspective there.. new, fresh and unusual..its a break from the more common shots taken..

then again..thats wat photography is abt.. showing other ur perspective..

OT: anyway..wonder if we can get permission to shoot at a construction site during sunday..hehehe...

Hey man, thanks for the comments. Glad someone understood where I'm coming from

Hahha... you want to shoot @ construction site ahh... come to my area lah... the S'pore Sports School is still expanding and this shot was taken there when I drove pass. I think if you want, you can try speaking to the site sup. and see if you can take some. Just say you are a journalist-OJT Going to try that someday.. heehee..

How are you doing man.. long time no hear from ya... 1/2 day off today??

Quote Originally Posted by SniperD
    For the rest of us, care to enlighten?

i visit construction sites v often... so when i see a photo of tower cranes winding down for the night, the emotion i feel is "relief"... it's the end of another work day!

Hahha... you want to shoot @ construction site ahh... come to my area lah... the S'pore Sports School is still expanding and this shot was taken there when I drove pass. I think if you want, you can try speaking to the site sup. and see if you can take some. Just say you are a journalist-OJT Going to try that someday.. heehee..

How are you doing man.. long time no hear from ya... 1/2 day off today??
    OT a little.. I'm doing alrite.. how abt u?? yah..clearing 1/2 day today..eh, if u really go construction site shoot, must jio okie..at most i say i ur assistant..ahahah~

well royce..to me, not every pic has to be sharp and clear..same as to, not every clear and sharp pic is nice.. well.. its all abt wat kind of shooting style one eventually adapts/develops..then again..only sniperD can tell u wat he was trying to show or wat kind of feeling/emotion he's trying to potray.. to me..its a nice pic with a very different perspective

Quote Originally Posted by ralphii82sg
    OT a little.. I'm doing alrite.. how abt u?? yah..clearing 1/2 day today..eh, if u really go construction site shoot, must jio okie..at most i say i ur assistant..ahahah~

well royce..to me, not every pic has to be sharp and clear..same as to, not every clear and sharp pic is nice.. well.. its all abt wat kind of shooting style one eventually adapts/develops..then again..only sniperD can tell u wat he was trying to show or wat kind of feeling/emotion he's trying to potray.. to me..its a nice pic with a very different perspective

OT: Yeah, I'm good thinkgs are picking up a little at a time.. hope to do more but everything has a place in time .. heh heh. You sold off your cam gears right.. again?! What are you aiming for now?
    Construction sites, sure sure... must show you this place that you can catch very interesting perspectives near the school.....

Royce, I will explain my motive and idea behind this shot after I have compiled the rest in this mini-series... do stay tuned!

Dun worry, everyone's entitled to his/ her comments. Some will like this shot, many will ask me go fly kite with visual crap like this one

Royce, I will explain my motive and idea behind this shot after I have compiled the rest in this mini-series... do stay tuned!
    Will do!

Going to start a mini-series on this

Here's something to start it off -

Comments welcomed!
    Hey SniperD! I really like your approach in the image. However, the street lamp at the bottom left corner is rather distracting. Think it might be better if you crop the image a bit, to exclude the street lamp. That could also bring the crane more towards the center of the picture.

Anyway, did you underexpose your shot? Was it taken on a tripod?

More visual crap. This one is called "School".

Quote Originally Posted by StreetShooter
    More visual crap. This one is called "School".

hahah.. SS, any one of your pictures is an inspiration anytime

Quote Originally Posted by cheatchu79
    Hey SniperD! I really like your approach in the image. However, the street lamp at the bottom left corner is rather distracting. Think it might be better if you crop the image a bit, to exclude the street lamp. That could also bring the crane more towards the center of the picture.

Anyway, did you underexpose your shot? Was it taken on a tripod?
    actually there's a reason for leaving the lamppost there. For a scale of perspective. It may be a eye-sore for it's only bright spot amidst all the dark areas but that's the whole point of it.. Raw, unnerved and straightforward.
    Thanks for the idea but I want to experiment with breaking the common convention of shots like this

Nope.. It was well-exposed but I toned it down using the Green Channel before saving as a grayscale file. & Nope, it's a grab shot.

good, simple mood

actually there's a reason for leaving the lamppost there. For a scale of perspective. It may be a eye-sore for it's only bright spot amidst all the dark areas but that's the whole point of it.. Raw, unnerved and straightforward.
    Thanks for the idea but I want to experiment with breaking the common convention of shots like this

Nope.. It was well-exposed but I toned it down using the Green Channel before saving as a grayscale file. & Nope, it's a grab shot.
    Thanks for the explanation. Come to think of it, it does look a bit different. Hope you manage to master a creative technique from your experimentation!

Default Yearn - Stationary Emotions

Here's another one to the mini-series:

Simpler concept

Quote Originally Posted by clive
    good, simple mood
    thanks for appreciating

Here's another one to the mini-series:

Simpler concept
    i like this pciture

Quote Originally Posted by denn23
    i like this pciture