Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: K-x is here! A short review ... K-x vs K-7

Default Re: K-x is here! A short review ... K-x vs K-7

Quote Originally Posted by creampuff View Post
    No need to console, no need to be sad... K-7 owners just need a second body, that's all...
    K-7 in daylight, K-x for low light... such a simple formula.
    K20D owners too need a backup K-x body hehe. I'm happy to see such positive response for the K-x, its surely another home run product by Pentax
    Pentaxian for life ! My Webby
    K-X, DA70mm F2.4. DA 35mm F2.4, DA 18-135 WR

Quote Originally Posted by cityzensg View Post
    Will there be dual kit lens available for K-x?

anybody ask before?
    Ok guys...i called a few shops. Most was not sure. Finally called Emjay. Looks like they will not be bring in the dual lens kit at this time (not sure even in the future). Suggestion from them was to get the current kit and purchase the other lens from the dealer.

I am tired from calling the shops. Thus, does anyone know how much the 50-200mm lens cost seperately. Wanted to compare with the dual lens kit price from USA.

Quote Originally Posted by cityzensg View Post
    hi there FW,

How about flickr?
    Got flickr account, but seldom used it. I do have MSN Skydrive account, as a matter of fact, all these testing photos are here on my skydrive:

http://cid-845ab849c90bea71.skydrive...aspx/KxTesting

All EXIF are intact. It's not as easy as photobucket to share photos from Skydrive though ...

Quote Originally Posted by fengwei View Post
    Sorry my bandwitdh quota is over for my free photobucket account. Have to wait until 11th of the month so they'd reset the quota. Unless someone wanna pay for the upgrading fee (to a pro account)
    how about u sign up for another free email account, use that to set up a new photobucket account.
    Last edited by darrrrrrrrrr; 6th November 2009 at 03:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by darrrrrrrrrr View Post
    how about u sign up for another free email account, use that to set up a new photobucket account.
    Yeah, I have at least 5 free photobucket accounts. But I don't wanna relink all the photos again...takes time mah ...

Hey, how much did you pay?

what is in the free gifts? from which shop?
    SAMSUNG HMX- H100
    Videography :)

Quote Originally Posted by pinholecam View Post
    I sell you M50 f2 for $65 lah.. total still cheaper than 500D
    Haha alright if i get kx maybe i get the 50mm from you.(but now no stock!)
    1. But M50F2 is manual focus yes? Or Is there an autofocus with the k-x? and if so, at what price?

Quote Originally Posted by fengwei View Post
    Canon 500D + 50/1.8 doesn't come w/ anti shake. You won't be able to take a handheld photo at 1/5s unless you put the camera on a steady support But for a Kx plus any 50mm lens, you can take a handheld sharp photo even at 1/5s That's the beauty of in-body anti shake
    Yes, having been considering that part too, in body stabilization is indeed useful especially for many lens without stabilization. Add on a 50mm f/2 or tamron 17-50 together with the superb iso performance: you get something really worth the run for the money in esp in low light.

Hmm, wanted to check the usability of MF lens when telling focus through the viewfinder. 2. Is it easy to tell focus correctly with the size of the k-x viewfinder when doing candid street shots? Or will MF be too slow for such?

Whats appealing in the 500d though, is perhaps the high res screen(gd for video focusing i guess) 3. or can 230k already do well enough? & selectable af points through the viewfinder and longer video capture(for me it counts). Nice to have but arguably not as essential is in body stabilization especially if one only uses the center af point.

Anyhow! 4. How long does it take to turn on LV, change the focus point and start shooting again? i might be able to overlook selectable AF points through VF if this can be performed quickly.

Thanks for all the help in advance!

Think sitex will feature kx in promo price? :P its just around the corner...

Quote Originally Posted by snks86 View Post
    Haha alright if i get kx maybe i get the 50mm from you.(but now no stock!)
    1. But M50F2 is manual focus yes? Or Is there an autofocus with the k-x? and if so, at what price?

Hmm, wanted to check the usability of MF lens when telling focus through the viewfinder. 2. Is it easy to tell focus correctly with the size of the k-x viewfinder when doing candid street shots? Or will MF be too slow for such?
    a pentamirror with the default focusing screen (which is really meant for AF), may make things harder. if the magnification is lower, might not be ideal too.

even focus trapping and confirmation indicators are unreliable and cannot help you nail your shot all the time.

best is develop nimble fingers, distance estimation and practice. changing the focusing screen to the split-screen types can help tremendously, as the good ones tend to be brighter.

hope it helps
    D3|Tokina 28-70 f2.6-2.8|Samyang 14mm f2.8|K-7|Tamron17-50 f2.8|manfrotto190XproB
    Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Ahren View Post
    Ok guys...i called a few shops. Most was not sure. Finally called Emjay. Looks like they will not be bring in the dual lens kit at this time (not sure even in the future). Suggestion from them was to get the current kit and purchase the other lens from the dealer.

I am tired from calling the shops. Thus, does anyone know how much the 50-200mm lens cost seperately. Wanted to compare with the dual lens kit price from USA.
    i'm aiming for the dual lens kit also. think i'll wait and see how it goes.

Get the single lens kit lah. DA-L 50-200 might have plastic lens mount though I'm not sure. Anyway Normal 50-200 or even 55-300 is worth it's price.

BTW, does K-x body have metal mount?
    I dunno!!!
    It's banana-zero-neh. :)

Quote Originally Posted by elavan View Post
    a pentamirror with the default focusing screen (which is really meant for AF), may make things harder. if the magnification is lower, might not be ideal too.

even focus trapping and confirmation indicators are unreliable and cannot help you nail your shot all the time.

best is develop nimble fingers, distance estimation and practice. changing the focusing screen to the split-screen types can help tremendously, as the good ones tend to be brighter.

hope it helps

Thanks for the helpful suggestion, its an interesting idea to install the split-screen. First time i heard and just read up on it actually. Given the kx doesnt have LED focusing points + its nice in body stabilization ability with manual focus lens, split screen does make sense (although its vf is still seemingly small, but already best in class so no complaints)

Found one suited for the K2000/ k-m. It should be similar to the kx.

http://cgi.ebay.com.sg/Dual-45-Split...item518dbb4597

However am unsure about the brightness(will there actually be a difference) and although it looks easy to install (from youtube videos), practical might seem somewhat harder.

Anyone knows if any stores locally offer focus screen replacement at a reasonable rate?

Thank you!
    Last edited by snks86; 7th November 2009 at 01:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by banana0ne View Post
    Get the single lens kit lah. DA-L 50-200 might have plastic lens mount though I'm not sure. Anyway Normal 50-200 or even 55-300 is worth it's price.

I am new to this. Looking at the us pricing, the difference between the single and dual lens kit is us$100. Less then S$200. Thought that this is a resonable amt to learn and start with. But since it is not here, well just have make a decision.

I am new to this. Looking at the us pricing, the difference between the single and dual lens kit is us$100. Less then S$200. Thought that this is a resonable amt to learn and start with. But since it is not here, well just have make a decision.
    If you are really interested in the dual lens kit, there are a few options:

1. Get the dual lens kit from US

2. Get the single lens kit from here and purchase the 55-300/50-200 separately.
    Pentaxian for Life
    K1, KP, FA*28-70/2.8, FA31, 43 & FA77 Limiteds, K85/1.8, FA*200/2.8, A50/1.2

Quote Originally Posted by snks86 View Post
    Thanks for the helpful suggestion, its an interesting idea to install the split-screen. First time i heard and just read up on it actually. Given the kx doesnt have LED focusing points + its nice in body stabilization ability with manual focus lens, split screen does make sense (although its vf is still seemingly small, but already best in class so no complaints)

Found one suited for the K2000/ k-m. It should be similar to the kx.

http://cgi.ebay.com.sg/Dual-45-Split...item518dbb4597

However am unsure about the brightness(will there actually be a difference) and although it looks easy to install (from youtube videos), practical might seem somewhat harder.

Anyone knows if any stores locally offer focus screen replacement at a reasonable rate?

Thank you!
    yes it is pretty easy to install, be slow and gentle with the tweezers especially with the mirror foams that are in the way..they are extremely delicate. it should rest nicely on the tray holding the screen in place, clip it back and you're good.

http://www.focusingscreen.com/ is reputable and ships quickly, i recommend it. or pay premium and go for katzeye screens.

some cheap screens may not be professionally cut, they may look ok in pictures but sometimes you can see imperfection in the microprism area when installed.

check accuracy with AF on a straight line, the line should appear straight. depending on who you buy from, your screen can come with plastic sheets to correct the focus, simply by increasing thickness.

Precision is a top priority here, i'd recommend you buy from reputable dealers to prevent worries later. unfortunately i don't know anyone in s'pore who has such screens readily made for your dslr..
    D3|Tokina 28-70 f2.6-2.8|Samyang 14mm f2.8|K-7|Tamron17-50 f2.8|manfrotto190XproB
    Gallery

A question for Pentaxians experienced with the following two lenses: Which lens has better IQ in your opinion:

DA 55-200mm f/4-5.6 ED

or

DA 55-300mm f/4-5.8 ED

I am planning to order one of the above along with a K-x (with 18-55mm kit lens.) Are there any other pros and cons that I should be aware of?

Quote Originally Posted by banana0ne View Post

The DAL 50200 and DAL 55300 come w/ plastic lens mount, but Kx has a metal mount. Optically the DAL 50200 or DAL55300 might got improved a bit over their earlier DA versions

Quote Originally Posted by sircam View Post
    A question for Pentaxians experienced with the following two lenses: Which lens has better IQ in your opinion:

DA 55-200mm f/4-5.6 ED

or

DA 55-300mm f/4-5.8 ED

I am planning to order one of the above along with a K-x (with 18-55mm kit lens.) Are there any other pros and cons that I should be aware of?
    There is no DA 55-200 but a DA 50-200

I've used both DA50-200 (both the earlier version and the later WR version) and DA55-300, I like the range of DA55-300 better. Optically I also feel the 55-300 is a bit sharper too. But of course the 50-200 is much smaller and easier to carry around, a lot cheaper too (not the WR version which is a bit over priced imo).

Quote Originally Posted by sircam View Post

DA 55-200mm f/4-5.6 ED

or

DA 55-300mm f/4-5.8 ED

http://www.photozone.de/pentax/396-p...00_458?start=1
    http://www.photozone.de/pentax/138-p...report?start=1

55-300 definitely sharper overall.

personally, i'd get the tamron 70-300.

http://www.photozone.de/pentax/281-t...report?start=1

if it's cheaper, anyways. the only problem with the tamron is horrible purple fringing. and i mean horrible:

just look at the eyes.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast