Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 34 of 34

Thread: 50-200 or 55-300?

  1. #21
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Seng Kang
    Posts
    963

    Default Re: 50-200 or 55-300?

    My kid... >.<
    Then again.. me too I guess... :|

  2. #22
    Senior Member creampuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Dover
    Posts
    5,116

    Default Re: 50-200 or 55-300?

    A recent shot with the K-7 and the DA 50-200mm WR.
    This very compact lens is just amazing.


  3. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Still wondering where I belong
    Posts
    3,434

    Default Re: 50-200 or 55-300?

    55-300... optically not much diff, might as well get the longer reach...

    WR is nice to have, but not a must...
    Gallery|Baby gallery
    I have become an expert in cleaning poo

  4. #24

    Default Re: 50-200 or 55-300?

    Quote Originally Posted by fengwei View Post
    As creampuff said above, if you need longer reach, get the 55-300. If you like it lighter and smaller, get the 50-200. WR or not it, shouldn't be too much concern I guess, at least to me it isn't

    I tried Lawrence's DA55300 last weekend, the lens was a very good performer. ended up I got one for myself too
    Fengwei,

    Do you have any idea where I can buy 55-300mm? I've been to Sim Lim Square last week. Seems like not even one shop is selling this lense......Appreciate you can assist me in this matter. I'm a newby with K-7....

    Thanks.

  5. #25
    Senior Member felixcat8888's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    9,108

    Default Re: 50-200 or 55-300?

    Quote Originally Posted by jeremylps View Post
    Fengwei,

    Do you have any idea where I can buy 55-300mm? I've been to Sim Lim Square last week. Seems like not even one shop is selling this lense......Appreciate you can assist me in this matter. I'm a newby with K-7....

    Thanks.
    OP, T K Foto, MS Color, Cathay Photo, Alan Photo
    Pentaxian for Life
    K1, KP, FA*28-70/2.8, FA31, 43 & FA77 Limiteds, K85/1.8, FA*200/2.8, A50/1.2



  6. #26

    Default Re: 50-200 or 55-300?

    went to op yesterday and been told the 50200wr cost more than SGD600 now... even more expensive compared with 55300

  7. #27

    Default Re: 50-200 or 55-300?

    Quote Originally Posted by jeremylps View Post
    Fengwei,

    Do you have any idea where I can buy 55-300mm? I've been to Sim Lim Square last week. Seems like not even one shop is selling this lense......Appreciate you can assist me in this matter. I'm a newby with K-7....

    Thanks.
    As Felix said above, you can check out some popular shops like CP, OP, AP, TK Foto and etc. I'm sure one of these shops would have it

    Quote Originally Posted by werkgg View Post
    went to op yesterday and been told the 50200wr cost more than SGD600 now... even more expensive compared with 55300
    Then just let them keep the 50200WR, we buy the 55300

  8. #28

    Default Re: 50-200 or 55-300?

    Quote Originally Posted by werkgg View Post
    went to op yesterday and been told the 50200wr cost more than SGD600 now... even more expensive compared with 55300
    I wonder about this actually. I was also quoted more then SGD600 for 50~200WR when enquiring about the K-X dual lens kit from a local shop. Saw from the net it cost about USD$250. It looks really weird seeing such a large price difference (even factoring freight, $ conversion...or am i missing something here.

    What is the local price for the 55~300. Is it also far off from the US pricing?

  9. #29
    Senior Member felixcat8888's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    9,108

    Default Re: 50-200 or 55-300?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ahren View Post
    I wonder about this actually. I was also quoted more then SGD600 for 50~200WR when enquiring about the K-X dual lens kit from a local shop. Saw from the net it cost about USD$250. It looks really weird seeing such a large price difference (even factoring freight, $ conversion...or am i missing something here.

    What is the local price for the 55~300. Is it also far off from the US pricing?
    Quoted $540 from M S Color
    Pentaxian for Life
    K1, KP, FA*28-70/2.8, FA31, 43 & FA77 Limiteds, K85/1.8, FA*200/2.8, A50/1.2



  10. #30

    Default Re: 50-200 or 55-300?

    Quote Originally Posted by felixcat8888 View Post
    Quoted $540 from M S Color
    Not too bad, much cheaper than several months ago (it was near 700sgd before Emjay took over Pentax).

  11. #31
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Central Singapore
    Posts
    577

    Cool Re: 50-200 or 55-300?

    Quote Originally Posted by felixcat8888 View Post
    Quoted $540 from M S Color
    Hmmm... is the 55-300 the same as the k-x dual lens kit?

    If so, can always order the dual kit. Keep the 55-300 lens and sell off the k-x, you might even make a small profit. Win win for both sides.

    Have anybody ordered from the japanese websites? I'm very very tempted by this - joshin.jp

    But since i don't know japanese and can't factor the shipping and GST? No go for now.
    Panasonic FZ28 Shooter
    flickr

  12. #32
    Member banana0ne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    jurong west
    Posts
    1,488

    Default Re: 50-200 or 55-300?

    Quote Originally Posted by sebianos View Post
    Hmmm... is the 55-300 the same as the k-x dual lens kit?

    If so, can always order the dual kit. Keep the 55-300 lens and sell off the k-x, you might even make a small profit. Win win for both sides.

    Have anybody ordered from the japanese websites? I'm very very tempted by this - joshin.jp

    But since i don't know japanese and can't factor the shipping and GST? No go for now.
    I'm not sure though but I feel that DA 55-300 is different to DA-L 55-300. It might not the optical quality but built of the body.
    I dunno!!!
    It's banana-zero-neh. :)

  13. #33
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Central Singapore
    Posts
    577

    Default Re: 50-200 or 55-300?

    Quote Originally Posted by banana0ne View Post
    I'm not sure though but I feel that DA 55-300 is different to DA-L 55-300. It might not the optical quality but built of the body.
    That explains it's really 一分钱,一分货.... that is you get what you pay for. Thank you for the clarification.
    Panasonic FZ28 Shooter
    flickr

  14. #34

    Default Re: 50-200 or 55-300?

    Got a 55-300 not long ago.

    Here are two photos of flowers taken recently... I like this lens





    Thanks for viewing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •