Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Whats the point of having multiple focus point?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Whats the point of having multiple focus point?

Quote Originally Posted by limwhow View Post
    Haha.. Only 1D series has it. I'm not sure if the 7D has it or not.
    But in this department, Nikon certainly has done exceedingly well. Upz for Nikon.
    Well, it can be worked around in C camp. Have to use AE-L button a lot more.

But for shooting portraits, it is so convenient in N camp. Focus on eyes, half press, shift a little off so point is over the cheek or forehead, take picture, and it is exposed for the face. And for sports and photojournalistic style photos, this translate to speed too.
    Last edited by daredevil123; 5th November 2009 at 03:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    Well, it can be worked around in C camp. Have to use AE-L button a lot more.

But for shooting portraits, it is so convenient in N camp. Focus on eyes, half press, shift a little off so point is over the cheek or forehead, take picture, and it is exposed for the face. And for sports and photojournalistic style photos, this translate to speed too.
    That's right.
    Got to keep using the AE button.
    But I use a lot of Manual mode, on which AE button doesn't work.
    So it's even more troublesome for me.

Learnt something new

I've never thought of whether spot metering takes reading from centre or active af point when selecting other af spot besides center...

Any Sony alpha users here know whether our cams behaves like Canon or Nikon with regards to this?

The ael can solve this problem, but having the metering go with active af point will be faster and more convenient though...

Quote Originally Posted by android17 View Post
    Learnt something new

I've never thought of whether spot metering takes reading from centre or active af point when selecting other af spot besides center...

Any Sony alpha users here know whether our cams behaves like Canon or Nikon with regards to this?

The ael can solve this problem, but having the metering go with active af point will be faster and more convenient though...
    Bro, try it for yourself. Best to use something with huge contrast, like black and white objects.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12